Author Topic: Help! Anyone know about website law - paid for an order with Viovet -cat food for rescue ...  (Read 26247 times)

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
I can't write on their wall .....scardy cats sitting on the doormat !

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
My comment has reappeared on viovets wall!

So now time to add to it cos doesnt have all details on and someone else has now added to it.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Shocking hiding valid reviews and complaints

• Purrrrrfect Cat
This is awful.

I definitely wont be purchasing anything from viovet the money was raised in good faith for Leslie's rescue  >:(  I've left a comment on the facebook page but it's not showing up

Go to their review page and comment there,

They are removing all posts on the wall within a minute, pity they arent so good at sending out orders
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 22:07:10 PM by Tan, Reason: active viovet link removed »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
they really shouldn't mess with cat women lol!

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
They can't mess with comments at

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/internet-sites/viovet-co-uk/

you can comment anonymously (as I did) but it takes 24hrs to publish though if you register first you can post straight away.

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
This is awful.

I definitely wont be purchasing anything from www.viovet.co.uk the money was raised in good faith for Leslie's rescue  >:(  I've left a comment on the facebook page but it's not showing up
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 22:40:25 PM by Tan »

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
They should not take any money if the stock at that price can't be sent.
All it would have taken is to say in my cart that there is not enough stock for the order and i would have not processed the order and paid them and would have gone to another supplier to buy in the food. 
This is a simple e commerce shop software and i have this on Purrs small shop. Customers know if there is enough stock for their order as soon as they add the item to cart before any money is taken, i also have a note on each item if it's in stock or not and when stock is expected in.

The point was to get the food to Lesley asap!!

Offline Ellen2010

• Distinguished Cat
  • Sophie 9/93 - 3/10/11 Play hard my little angel
  • Slave to: Timmy, Baby, Danita, Tia, Miffy and Domino
Think this maybe worth taking to trading standards as I think they have only a certain time.  It does not always go on whether payment has been taken by the company.  The fact that they are with holding your money for a further 7 days means that they will be earning interest in their account on that as well.

Go with the facts and copies of emails and if possible a copy of the delivery note the delivery note and emails for the person who ordered after yourselves where they have honoured the order at the price concerned as they will then have a difficult time getting out of it if they have delivered an order at the price they are disputing with Purrs.
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Someone could start a group  :shify: :shify:

Offline princessmaizie

• Senior Cat
Legally the company is allowed to do this, the contract with online orders is not complete until dispatch, however most companies do not take payment until the item is dispatched.

Morally however, this is bad behavior on the part of Viovet and I think angering potential customers may not be in their best interest! Angry cat ladies.......fear us!!!  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
ALL FACE BOOK COMMENTS HAVE BEEN REMOVED!!!"!
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
My post on their wall -

I certainly do NOT *like* this company. A large order was placed to help a struggling rescue centre, the money had been raised online to feed the 50 cats in this rescues care. Viovet accepted the order, at the prices they had displayed and then decided their prices were wrong and are demanding almost another £300. SHAME ON THIS COMPANY

I have also just posted another one -

I will make it my job tomorrow to contact local papers in Kimpton! Think I might also take this to the local news .....APPALLING SERVICE

And I will too, I've got the afternoon off !!

• Purrrrrfect Cat
My post on their wall ....

It's such a shame that this company feels it is able to pick and choose its customers. Another order placed after the "rescue" order was accepted at the price quoted and the order shipped. Rules for one and not another! This is NOT the way to win friends or get orders!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
My response on their wall!

Sadly having heard what you did to another small rescue in dire straights with regards to pricing of food we will not be ordering from you

I have a private rescue and ours eat 60 sachets and 3kgs + of biscuits a day so we would have placed a large order as we are always on the lookout for a reputable company offering food at a reasonable price - we spend in excess of £10,000 per year on food and the same on vets bills so now another company will get our orders

We also have several with medical conditions so there was an opportunity to have us spend a large amount

Obviously Customer Service is still in its infancy or non existant with regards to any large orders and mistakes made by your staff!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I agree with Gill.  If there was an error in the price then how come they honoured DM's order >:(  Can't have rules for one and not for others.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
The card situation is different cos goods have changed hands but they could refuse to sell you it at the till for that price.

Most companies however would sell it to you to keep good customer relations.

This is a complex situation and my feeling is that their was not an error in that price but proving that would be next to impossible.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Well i could never do that on the Purrs shop. It's not right to make the mistake yourself on your own site, customers pay based on that price and then you say sorry it's wrong and you owe me more money. That's not fair and not right. If websites except the payment they should honour the price they advertised at esp if customer has paid and order confirmations have been sent.

I mean if you went into a shop and there was a cardi advertised at £7.99 and you paid for it, then the shop runs after you to say sorry you owe us another £2 as that cardi should have been £9.99 or we take the cardi back. Surely that's not right or fair? 
  :Crazy: :Crazy:
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 15:19:18 PM by Tan »

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
Initially Kodak said it would not honour the purchases, but eventually backed down

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/2864461.stm

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Excellent Rosella hun  :hug: :hug: :hug:

I am truly upset. I just don't understand how a large animal business could do this. The rescues struggle every day and the little bit of help we can help them with was basically stamped on from Viovet.  :( :(

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
My email sent with order number

"I have 7 cats and moderate a cat website with others.  I understand that you are refusing to honour an order placed with charitable funds raised to help a cat rescue in severe difficulties.  I just want to suggest you reconsider as the lady who runs the cat rescue in question is fighting as hard as she can to care for the 50 cats in her care in an increasingly difficult financial climate.  To be promised a delivery of food at such a time, only to be let down, just increases the pressures laid upon her at a time when she can barely cope.

Sometimes it's just best to admit a mistake and do the honourable thing.  I hope you recognise this to be one of those times."

Rosella *****

• Purrrrrfect Cat
This is truely awful but having been  searching web for various things in last week and the terms and conditions on many sites are becoming very bad and am sure under contract law would be reguarded as unfair.

Consumer council/ trading standards apply to online sales too but most are getting away with murder because people do not know their rights and are not prepared to push.

i hope the money comes back quick so a re-order with someone more reliable can be made,

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Excellent email Angie.  :hug:

It a fact that any prices as advertised on the Viovet website can be changed to suit their pocket any time they like even after they have taken your money.   :Crazy: They say it is not until they dispatch any goods that a contract is made to sell with them.  :Crazy:

So they dishonour Purrs's cat food order even after they took the money (which was from funds raised by our caring members to help Eight lives rescue cats urgently) but still honour the same food box purchase at the advertised price for another order.

Not only that but they sent the "waiting stock email" 4 days later then the order date so i kept the order live with them expecting the food to still be delivered to the rescue soon. Now today they say NO and will not honour the purchase even after payment which they have had for over a week.
Why were we not contacted as soon as the order was placed to say, they could not except payment and order as there was no stock left at that price!! I could of then found another supplier at that time and the rescue cats would have the food by now.

What so saddens me so very much is that this food order was for needy cats in rescue, for a rescue that cares deeply and saves many cat lives. A rescue that is struggling and hence the food order at the best we could possibly find to help the rescue cats as much as possible.

It's not right  :( :( :(
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 14:42:44 PM by Tan »

• Purrrrrfect Cat

• Purrrrrfect Cat

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
my email----

A order has been placed for some cat food to go to a fellow struggling rescue.
Money was raised and the internet searched to find a good deal.
A order was placed with yourselves and acknowledged by yourselves.

You are now refusing to honour the price.

Shame. Is this is a scam to lure people to your site? The least you can do is to acknowledge your mistake and honour this order.
This sort of thing spreads like wildfire across internet forums and you find yourselves blacklisted by a lot of rescues and individuals alike.....

Angie
Coventry Cat Group

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
http://www.onlineshoppingrights.co.uk/can-websites-change-prices-once-ordered.html

it looks as though a lot of complaints to the website are in order.....
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 14:04:11 PM by Angie (covcats) »

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
I thought they were honour bound to complete the order. There have been instances when the big sotres have advertised the wrong price and had to honour it.....

amazon - It later emerged that Amazon did indeed make a price mistake the HP iPAQ H1910 Pocket PC should actually be £287. They said "We will be cancelling orders made for the HP iPaq Pocket PCs at the incorrect price this morning. As the Conditions of Use clearly state, there is no contract between Amazon.co.uk and the customer for an item until Amazon.co.uk accepts the customer order by an email confirming that it has dispatched the item. Until that time, Amazon.co.uk is within its rights to not accept any customer order".

http://www.avvo.com/legal-answers/does-internet-company-have-to-honor-an-incorrect-p-395059.html

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Hmmn, I was under the impression that as long as payment was taken ie the money left your card, then the contract was formed then  :shy:

They say all publicity is good publicity but based on this problem with www.viovet.co.uk I don't think I'd want to risk using them myself. Very poor service, even more so due to the fact that the food was intended for the tummies of rescue cats  >:(

« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 22:39:41 PM by Tan »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Tan - Helen pointed me in the direction of a few decent felix offers lately - PAH 2 x 24 AGAIL for £10

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/felix-adult-pouch-as-good-as-it-looks-favourites-select-cat-food-100gm-24-pack-14663

and Amazon has regular offer of 48 pouches AGAIL for £12 with free delivery

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Felix-AGAIL-Pouch-Mixed-Pack/dp/B003QXN3KM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298987972&sr=8-1-catcorr

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Thanks liz hun  :hug: We will search again for the best price and deal to help Les and her needy cats as much as we can.  If any CP member can get good prices on cat food for Les's rescue cats , can ya pm me  :thanks: :hug: :hug:

I just can't believe Viovet has done this. What an uncaring company.  :(

Yes this post can be seen by all public. and yes definitely any order placed with Viovet can be changed cancelled by them at any time for any reason they want even after they take your money!!  So prices and info on their web site are definitely not reliable!! 

Yes have had to cancel whole order as they wanted £280 more!! A company for profit only with no heart!!  :( :(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I assume you can cancel the whole order??

I won't use them again that is for sure, it could have happened to any of us

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Is this an open forum or do you have to be a member to read posts? I cant remember but if its an open one I will happily link to this post on facebook
love
Tab

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Tan if they have a feedback comment box then perhaps some nice wording!!!!

Still check with CP reps and Hills and RC they are usually very open to rescue causes needing help they have donated things for my CP open days this is usually bags of food and some other stuff so may be worth a try

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
They will only send 8 boxes for the price we paid i am sooo angry  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

They knew it was for urgent rescue cats and the manager WILL NOT DO ANYTHING!!!

They now will refund the order takes 5 days or longer before i can refind and buy from elsewhere.
 :( :( :( :(

« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 13:34:29 PM by Tan »

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Tan Pet supermarket have a couple of deals on

Don't know if anyone has a CP contact near Lesley but CP have a food deal with Purina and get sachets and tins of felix and Purina Dry food at very silly prices - you do need to order a pallet though but sure some CP folks could help out with that

May also be worth ringing Royal Canin and Hills as they have damaged bags at really silly prices and may like a good bit of publicity for helping out a rescue good news story there somewhere

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Is there a contact number? I can call and ask what the heck they're playing at if you want?

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

• Purrrrrfect Cat
can we just cancel and use pets at home instead.   :'(

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
This is disgusting .................

You can use the website to request an order.  You are able to change the content of your order at any time before payment is made by following the steps on the website. If you want to change your order after this time, you can telephone us on 0800 0 84 26 08. Orders cannot be changed after they have been dispatched.
We reserve the right to decline the acceptance of any order, or cancel an order, in full or in part, for any reason at our absolute discretion. We will inform you that we have received your request for an order by sending out an Order Confirmation email. Then we will check the availability and suitability of all items requested. We only accept the order and agree the contract to supply at the point when we email you to say that your order has been Dispatched/Delivered. You warrant that all information supplied by you to us during the order process is true and complete to the best of your knowledge. It should be noted that images of products on our website are there for illustration purposes only and the packaging and/or contents of the items delivered may vary. Lots of manufacturers change packaging from time to time and so it is not possible for us always to have the most up-to-date images online

>:(

Link to CatChat