Author Topic: Help! Anyone know about website law - paid for an order with Viovet -cat food for rescue ...  (Read 26246 times)

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
Well I managed to copy my review before they took them down, it is as follows:

I am disgusted with this company and their supposed customer service. An emergency fundraising drive led to an order being placed with Viovet for an independent rescue close to shutting its doors. The money was taken and order confirmed.

Some days later a follow up email was sent stating items were out of stock and that they now in fact did not want to honour the advertised prices and instead wanted to increase the prices significantly. After contacting Viovet to explain the situation and that the whole reason the order was placed with them was due the extremely good deal offered at the time of order, Viovet have washed their hands of any responsibility and offered nothing but excuses as to why they can't show a bit of goodwill, outstanding customer service and in turn generate themselves a bit of excellent positive publicity by agreeing to continue with the order at the originally advertised prices.

I will never order from you and will be telling everyone with any pet not to either.

I have worked in customer facing roles all my working life and find the level of customer service offered quite disgraceful.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Oh my they are bad.

However the reviews lasted 24 hours plus and all in that time were aboiut how bad they were and reckon they missed taking it out  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Ellen2010

• Distinguished Cat
  • Sophie 9/93 - 3/10/11 Play hard my little angel
  • Slave to: Timmy, Baby, Danita, Tia, Miffy and Domino
did put about contacting trading standards on there yesterday about this lol
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
You cant comment at all on the page now,  wall or anything.  Michelle,  get that newpaper on the phone !!

Offline Ellen2010

• Distinguished Cat
  • Sophie 9/93 - 3/10/11 Play hard my little angel
  • Slave to: Timmy, Baby, Danita, Tia, Miffy and Domino
They have also removed their discussion page as well lol
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy, Polly Lollypop Legs, Harry, Rosie Growler, Teabag, Gracie Dirty Face, Ruby Red Drawers, Picalli Polkadot Pants, Junior Officer Ripley, Kenny Kitten, Millie The Milster
Reviews tab has gone  :(

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
Viovet have now removed their review page from their Facebook - obviously can't take criticism. >:(

Also think Luke has missed the point that he will be taking more than a £300 loss if we have affected his future sales. :sneaky:

« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 17:06:01 PM by Lesley (Eight Lives Left Kitten Rescue) »
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
What a fiasco from this place -talk about appalling customer service and non compassion ! :censored: :censored:

Hope they go under and no-one buys from them .

So sorry Lesley , at least PAH have helped and they will also gain more customers with their attitude.
My PAH is not too far and going down in a few days before offer ends to stock up for Winston !

Yes Michelle, i would still contact the paper - name and shame !!!

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
I find this pretty disgraceful. They clearly thought they could absorb the £300 loss when they were offering the promotional price and just suddenly decided they'd rather not, to Lesley's/Purrs cost.

I find it dreadful customer service and have told them as much in my review just placed on their page! I may go back and add another under my catnip sack user page ;)

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
I say continue Michelle,    if Viovet couldnt afford the £300 loss they could have at least sent some food to Lesley for free as a goodwill gesture.  They are being awful I think,  surely if they had sent 2 x boxes of 48 pouches as a good will gesture we would be off their backs,  all they have offered is good at more expensive prices than anywhere else.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Noooo   - never mind  :hug:

I sent an email asking if they would reconsider and honour the purchase that was made in good faith. I said that £300 isn't alot to them but was EVERYTHING to the small rescue.

Basically his reply was that, "How did I know if £300 was alot to them or not, as infact it was a loss they couldn't take"....He said that they had offered a reduced amount and that was their final offer. He also wasn't with being threatened with the newspapers and said that would make them stand their ground even more  .... :(

I have connected the local rag .....should I continue or just leave it ??

Yes their reduced amount offer was to pay them another £144 on top of the £163 already paid to get the goods which would make the goods much more expensive than what we could get elsewhere!
It wasn't our aim for the rescue cats to buy in less food for for more money but quite the opposite!!

It's sad they want to loose our future custom and promotion.  :stupid: So be it.. shame!

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Here's a quote from Luke

"We honestly have done everything we can to be as helpful as we can possibly be in the situation (which we are under no legal obligation to do)"

*ahem*

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
No worry hun. :hug: :hug: I wasn't hold my breath Shame though.

Funny that Luke has said Viovet are not impressed - Sadly we and the rescue cats were also not impressed with the way the order has been handled.  I mean shame on us for going to the Viovet website and placing on order for a large amount and thinking the prices on their site were right!  :-: Still thinking that when they kindly informed us of no stock but will have it within 3 days, so we waited and then Bam!..  They got it all wrong and won't honour the order even though they took the money!!

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Sorry, it was a red herring - not fed ex,  my mistake, SORRY.

Noooo   - never mind  :hug:

I sent an email asking if they would reconsider and honour the purchase that was made in good faith. I said that £300 isn't alot to them but was EVERYTHING to the small rescue.

Basically his reply was that, "How did I know if £300 was alot to them or not, as infact it was a loss they couldn't take"....He said that they had offered a reduced amount and that was their final offer. He also wasn't with being threatened with the newspapers and said that would make them stand their ground even more  .... :(

I have connected the local rag .....should I continue or just leave it ??

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
Sorry, it was a red herring - not fed ex,  my mistake, SORRY.

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
ooo are Viovet showing some compassion!  ;D Hope so! It would certainly help to put them in a better stead with us and cat rescuers after  their mess up!  Lets's hope so!

I must say that according to an email I received from Luke (viovet) this morning says they aren't impressed that I've contacted a local paper either  :oops:  :evillaugh:

They've replied to someone? well thats progress!

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
Ooooo I so want to know if that is Viovet sending the food,   any luck with the number Lesley ?

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
ooo are Viovet showing some compassion!  ;D Hope so! It would certainly help to put them in a better stead with us and cat rescuers after  their mess up!  Lets's hope so!

I must say that according to an email I received from Luke (viovet) this morning says they aren't impressed that I've contacted a local paper either  :oops:  :evillaugh:

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
It may be a red herring but just had a missed call from Fed Ex.  Tried phoning back but, although showing as the main number on Google search, it is acting as a mobile and says it is currently unavailable.  Viovet use Fed Ex but Pets at Home use Royal Mail and home Delivery Network.

As I say it may be a complete red herring but I'm not expecting any other deliveries. :shify:

KEEP RINGING KEEP RINGING  :crossed:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
It may be a red herring but just had a missed call from Fed Ex.  Tried phoning back but, although showing as the main number on Google search, it is acting as a mobile and says it is currently unavailable.  Viovet use Fed Ex but Pets at Home use Royal Mail and home Delivery Network.

As I say it may be a complete red herring but I'm not expecting any other deliveries. :shify:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I suspect so but will put the review page link in here and you can try and look.

http://www.facebook.com/?sk=messages#!/pages/VioVet/86968174200?sk=app_6261817190

Two posts on the wall had lasted until a few mins ago and have now been removed by viovet!

They must have been sleeping this morning  :rofl:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
do you need to be a member of facebook to see the page?

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Pets at home helped and supported us in the Auction and through Pets at Home thank gowd we have managed to correct Viovets pricing error and bad service for rescue.

I have also contacted Pets at Home to start an affiliate program with them vis a link on Purrs. It's caring animals business's like Pets At Home we want to help promote as they care for the rescue cats and do help them.  :Luv:

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
I have just posted the link to Viovets on the Pets at Home facbook page and asked if Pets at Home can step in and help,  told them would be good publicity for them  :briggin:  you never know they may send Lesley some more much needed food

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
Just want to add my support here, cant say more as I do not understand such things.  :hug:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Esp when we have raised the funds  to help a cat rescue out - It's hurts our very sole and the reason Purrs is here!!

Offline Daisymac

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
I love the review tab on the Viovet facebook page,   viovet if you are reading this as well,  a word of warning.....  DO NOT MESS WITH US CAT WOMEN !!!!!

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
 :rofl:  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: you are a huge wonderful rescue and a cats sanctuary which rescue many cats hun  :hug: :hug:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Just to say we called ourselves a private rescue can't admit they are my family :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
They can't mess with comments at

http://www.dooyoo.co.uk/internet-sites/viovet-co-uk/

you can comment anonymously (as I did) but it takes 24hrs to publish though if you register first you can post straight away.

Excellent place to also give a review :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I am now excommunicated from viovets wall  :rofl: :rofl:

But the review section is doing very well  :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
I think they will delete any "unhelpful" comments to them on any of their sites, can't have the public knowing can they!  :Crazy:
Anyone is allowed to review have their opinion on a service/website/company and with bad customer service it is bound to lead to bad ones!

An Affiliate program is one where you register and have a link to the business on your site then you earn commission from orders made through that link.  The zooplus one for the rescue fund has been good :) and Vet UK ones have been good for the rescues too :)

Yes hun ya right Gocat toys in USA (makers of the Da bird ) are brilliant and a wonderful cat loving company  :hug: as is Pets at home :)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 22:36:34 PM by Tan »

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
someone at viovet is sitting on FB deleting comments.....just put another one on.....

when you are on the viovet home page on FB ... on the top left hand side there is a REVIEWS tab ... go into reviews and comment there.  They haven't removed any of the reviews.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
I just googled "Viovet customer service" and this was about 8 links down.  Perhaps we should have expected the current response? 

What does Affiliate Programme Program  :innocent: mean exactly?  Is Luke American?  Not that our US pals are normally this unhelpful of course; quite the reverse in fact  :shocked:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=17443.0

Thanks heavens for Gocat toys eh?   :)  ooops and PAH of course  :yayyy:

Just found this too on feedback for Viovet on Amazon....

"Amazon had to cancel order when it had failed to arrive weeks later.Appararantly out of stock and couldn't get any more. Went elsewhere,ordered and received the food."
Date: 28 February 2011     Rated by Buyer: Yorkie

TBH it's not difficult to find a few such references of you google a bit  >:(
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 22:30:41 PM by Rosella moggy »

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Tan - Helen pointed me in the direction of a few decent felix offers lately - PAH 2 x 24 AGAIL for £10

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/felix-adult-pouch-as-good-as-it-looks-favourites-select-cat-food-100gm-24-pack-14663

and Amazon has regular offer of 48 pouches AGAIL for £12 with free delivery

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Felix-AGAIL-Pouch-Mixed-Pack/dp/B003QXN3KM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298987972&sr=8-1-catcorr

Thanks Helen, Dawn & Sam for finding the Pets at home deal  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
someone at viovet is sitting on FB deleting comments.....just put another one on.....

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Excellent news Tan.  Glad the discount code worked  ;)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Coo hun no probs for me  :hug: :hug:  No worry for me. I just can't believe Viovet has done this to a Cat Rescue.

I have put an order through to Pets at home .. (now there is one lovely caring company who help rescues alot) 
They are doing 2 x 24 box pouches for £10 and had discount code on top :)

Can't wait the 5 working days for Viovet to refund the money they have taken for the order over a week ago. I bet 14 days of the funds raised by us and paid for the order has sat in their bank account earning interest for the 14 days it will take to refund it!

Les hun Pets at home said order maybe delivered in sep parcels cause of weight and should be with you within 4 days.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 14:38:09 PM by Tan »

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
I sure am glad you lot are on my side, I certainly wouldn't want to cross you lot. :scared:   I am so sorry to have put Tan through all this, all she wanted to do was help me out and it's caused her such hassle.

Comments on Viovet facebook site are brilliant by the way.

Link to CatChat