Author Topic: Angel is still looking for a home - South Yorkshire (Homed)  (Read 3333 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Angel is still looking for a home - South Yorkshire (Homed)
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 09:14:59 AM »
 :) That's great news, will move this now
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
Re: Angel is still looking for a home - South Yorkshire
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2011, 23:23:34 PM »
sorry quoted wrong post there :Crazy:

I think anyone would be taken in by Angels adorable little face , I am soooo glad she has found a good home at last- i bet she is being treat like a princess :Luv2:
Im glad someone did want her as i felt so sorry she had the jaw problem, it must be frustrating for her poor girl.
 hopefully her new owners may come on here with updates and pics :wow:
it must be so hard too to be a fosterer and then send them on but knowing they have found a permament home at last is the reward i guess xx

Offline midgecat

• Adult Cat
    • 8 Lives Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: mog, jango & sooty, honey & amber, and flipper ......... additional guests welcome :)
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2011, 22:10:00 PM »
i'm sorry it turned out that it wasn't "meant to be" mittens.  i know you were smitten.  she'll be very happy where she is.   she was horribly upset in the car - even though it was only about 5 minutes drive to get there.  she'd have been in quite a state by the time we'd got her down to birmingham.  soon as she was in the house she started settling herself in and worming her way into everyone's affections.  when i left she was settled on the settee.

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2011, 21:59:08 PM »
She's a sweetie ..... but not exactly "angelic" ...... she IS a cat when alls said and done.
I refuse to believe you :rofl:

Im saving some pennies so will contact about her when i have enough- If she is still available then it was meant to be :Luv2:
you dont know how relieved i am to hear that- i was crying earlier over her :(- read my other post for reason!

Offline midgecat

• Adult Cat
    • 8 Lives Cat Rescue
  • Slave to: mog, jango & sooty, honey & amber, and flipper ......... additional guests welcome :)
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2011, 21:51:42 PM »
Angel went off to her new home earlier today. Thanks for all the interest on here - but we're really pleased to have found her somewhere closer to home. The couple who have adopted her seem well ready to adore her and tend to her every fluffy whim. I'm sure she'll have a lovely life with them.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2011, 21:47:53 PM »
She's a sweetie ..... but not exactly "angelic" ...... she IS a cat when alls said and done.
I refuse to believe you :rofl:

Im saving some pennies so will contact about her when i have enough- If she is still available then it was meant to be :Luv2:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2011, 21:38:33 PM »
She is stunning  ;D

Offline sassybutterfly

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: saffy, smokey, sowfee, sooty sweepy
« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2011, 16:44:08 PM »
She is a beautiful pussy cat, i hope you get to home her kittens mittens   sassy x

Offline Donna Brown

• Adult Cat
    • Mrs B and Her Lovely Moggies
  • Slave to: Razz, Kain, Charlie, Buggles, Bilbo, Frodo
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 18:47:14 PM »
 :rofl:  I always say to Dave "You wouldn't love them so much if they weren't so deviously clever"...  :naughty:

Offline midgecat

• Adult Cat
    • 8 Lives Cat Rescue
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 18:44:23 PM »
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 18:50:47 PM by midgecat »

Offline Donna Brown

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 17:13:18 PM »
I haven't met her I'm afraid but I understand she's an absolute superstar :)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 16:15:07 PM »
I will do that Donna and ask them directly. can i ask did you get to meet her and is she as angelic as her name? shes adorablely cute! :Luv2:

Offline Donna Brown

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 14:36:05 PM »
Hiya kittensmittens - I'm not sure what the fee would be. Your best bet would probably be to send an email via the form on the www.rainrescuecats.org.uk website or email Maggie at info@rainrescuecats.org.uk.  I don't actually work with the shelter, I'm just trying to spread the word as I'm pretty smitten with Angel myself (and a bit gutted that she couldn't come with the boys  :().  Would love to know how she gets on though.

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 14:11:46 PM »
Can i ask what the rehoming fee is for Angel? I really would love to offer her a home although I would need someone to help transport her as i dont have transport at present. If it is a larger sum of between £150 to £200 then i need about a fortnight to raise the cash amount. I know the fact that i have children can be a put off to some rescues but they really are lovely kids and not violent etc towards animals( i wouldnt tolerate that obviously) Grooming isnt an issue, It is something i could deal with and enjoy daily plus my house is quite large so as an indoor pussy she would have plenty of space to roam or find a corner to sleep in if the downstairs noise (birdies) becomes too much. georgia currently prefers the girls room and has adopted the fluffy loveheart rug. I am kinda obsessed with Angels beautifull face and keep going back to the rescue site to sneak a peak.
If a birmingham member wants to come and homecheck they are very welcome- :wow:
my youngest daughter starts school in september so daytime noise will be less mon-fri although tbh Georgia sulks now when oldest goes out and generally sleeps till they all come back home!

Offline Donna Brown

• Adult Cat
Angel is still looking for a home - South Yorkshire (Homed)
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 12:47:42 PM »
Hi

We have rehomed Bilbo and Frodo with us but I understand Angel is still looking for a home.

She's a beautiful little cat but unfortunately has a misaligned jaw which makes it hard for her to groom herself.  Therefore an experienced long hair owner would be better for her.  I understand a quieter house might be preferable for her as she likes company but Bilbo and Frodo were a little much for her at times (hence why she hasn't come with them!).

You can see more about her at www.rainrescuecats.org.uk including lovely pics.  Here's the summary from the site:

"Angel is a pretty six year old with a sad history. She was the only surviving kitten in her litter when their mother died giving birth to them. She's a very petite cat - her size suggesting more that she's six months rather than six years old. She's a friendly little thing who loves to sit with you and have some attention. Her jaw is slightly misaligned which makes it difficult for her to groom herself properly - though she tries hard to do so. Sadly this coupled with neglect over recent months meant her coat was one huge mass of matted fur when she came into foster care, and she's had to be clippered all over apart from her head and her lovely fluffy tail.

Angel has been spayed and micro-chipped. We understand she's lived with children and dogs in the past. She's been a little uneasy with one of the other cats whilst in foster care - though no serious difficulties. She needs to be an indoor cat, and would need a home where her needs for help with grooming are understood so she doesn't have to suffer the discomfort of having such a badly matted coat again.

She's had a health check and seems fine apart from a tooth that Rain will sort out before re-homing."

Thanks!
Donna

« Last Edit: March 02, 2011, 09:14:36 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat