Author Topic: Help Offered in Birmingham area.  (Read 6084 times)

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
Re: Help Offered in Birmingham area.
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2011, 20:05:18 PM »
What a lovely offer  :) I know we have a few members that live in the Birmingham area but not sure if we have any Birmingham based rescues on board. If not then like you say you can have a ring around, I'm sure someone will bite your hand off!

P.S Every time I see a post of yours I think what a fab username you have  :evillaugh:

haha it was the first name i thought of- I used to love the nursery rhyme! ;D
I know there is a rescue at bartley green which is near me (not the RSPCA) so i may ask them , I think my daughter may try to volunteer at an animal charity soon as she starts college in september so although she is looking to become a Zookeeper it gives her some idea of working in other areas too. Her speciality is Birds though- shes like Rainman when it comes to Lovebirds :rofl:
I think i was drawn into the trapping idea by one of the posts on here where there was a mom and kittens near a pub? It sounds like a good plan to help out all the ferals in our area-there being so many!
not sure what oh will think though-he already thinks ive turned into a mad cat lady and still doesnt believe i dont carry a cat food stash in my bag to feed strays :rofl:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2011, 17:05:30 PM »
What a lovely offer  :) I know we have a few members that live in the Birmingham area but not sure if we have any Birmingham based rescues on board. If not then like you say you can have a ring around, I'm sure someone will bite your hand off!

P.S Every time I see a post of yours I think what a fab username you have  :evillaugh:

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2011, 17:01:31 PM »
I Hope so :wow:
I know kittens being born will be on the increase soon too so hopefully i will be able to help stop a little of this at least if i can help get some cats neautered before they all breeding together and creating more kittens.
also i hope it helps the urge to drag in stray cats and adopt them although im sure it wont- in fact i imagine the opposite will happen :rofl:
ive tried to think logically and think i should be helping prevent the births of all these poor kittens rather than just offering a home to a kitten when there are all the moms and dads left roaming out there!
thanks for the replies, I will wait and see if anyone replies but if they dont I may ask around the local charities too. :thanks:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2011, 16:43:37 PM »
I hope someone can take up your kind offer of help  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2011, 16:42:16 PM »
Really kind of you, I would think someone would be very glad of your help, if there's no requests here you could contact your local rescues  :hug:

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/mids.html
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 16:42:58 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Hero Cat
Help Offered in Birmingham area.
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 16:35:23 PM »
Hi
I dont know if anyone needs help in this area but i was thinking i would like to help in the trapping of strays to get them neautered etc or rescued and rehomed if needed.
I dont have a car at present but would be able to assist in the evenings if required as an extra pair of hands- even if to be on watch while the other person needs to go elsewhere. Id obviously need a lift untill my car is fixed ( some idiot drove across the dual carriagway where i live through a red light straight in front of me :censored:)
I know there is a huge feral problem up the weoley castle bartley green area so thought if help was needed to sort this out id love to volunteer.
Jo x

Link to CatChat