Author Topic: Covcats - the luckiest black cat? maybe not.....  (Read 30426 times)

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: Covcats - the luckiest black cat? maybe not.....
« Reply #174 on: March 19, 2012, 13:54:33 PM »
...........Right I'm off to work on the patio. I am making it nice and secure so they can have some outside space.   

Mog does seem to have fallen on all three paws doesn't he?   :) :) :)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #173 on: March 19, 2012, 10:35:52 AM »
so pleased with his progress. Well done you and Jon.

Good luck with the patio, hopefully the weather is on your side.

Offline kittyland

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Barney, Mogley (Mog), Penny & Patch
« Reply #172 on: March 19, 2012, 09:50:52 AM »
Hi, here is my Mog blog.        Saturday night I decided  to leave them all with the run of the house, they were as good as gold. He started off lying at the side of our bed but then decided to go down stairs. So far its going really great. They are getting used to his querky little ways. Sunday morning he was joining in with chasing the stick with Barney and Pen, which is Penny's favourite game. He did seem to spend the majority of Sunday under the sofa but he is very confident with the others when he comes out, I think he decided he just needed a nice quiet rest or its just a habit. He does have a bad habit of trying to get in gaps that are too small for him so I have been blocking all the gaps under the dressers. He doesnt have much interest in eating. I found this morning if I add others bits in with his c/d ie: hills and Whiskas Kitbits he seems to eat quite a bit more. So although its not ideal, its working for now. I will try slowly changing it to just c/d. He is enjoying his excercise. He's up and down the stairs quite often and he is pretty fast.  Right I'm off to work on the patio. I am making it nice and secure so they can have some outside space.   Tracy...

Offline Tigerlily (Allison)

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Toby
« Reply #171 on: March 19, 2012, 08:24:41 AM »
So pleased to hear that Mog seems to be settling in so quickly  :) :)

Angie,  :hug: :hug:
http://www.cat-rescue1.co.uk/

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16
Always in my thoughts, forever in my heart

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #170 on: March 18, 2012, 19:21:56 PM »
He looks distraught without you Angie, especially in that one where he is upsidedown getting his tummy rubbed  :naughty:

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
« Reply #169 on: March 18, 2012, 09:17:24 AM »
Awwwwwww how wonderful  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #168 on: March 17, 2012, 23:24:05 PM »
I can see he misses me really badly!

Offline kittyland

• Adult Cat
« Reply #167 on: March 17, 2012, 23:04:13 PM »
Thanks Angie Iwill email them to you,   Tracy.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #166 on: March 17, 2012, 23:01:05 PM »
so pleased!
(not that I'm just waiting here...)

you should be able to reduce the size in windows picture but if you prefer email them to me and i'll post them.

Offline kittyland

• Adult Cat
« Reply #165 on: March 17, 2012, 22:52:13 PM »
Hi, Mog is spread out on the sofa fast asleep at the moment. He decided to come down and do some exploring about 6 o clock and has staid down all evening. He still hasn't eaten much yet. They all seem to be chilling  out a bit more . I have got a couple of nice photo's but the KB is too big and I don't know how to change it. If I can work it out I will post them here. tracy

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #164 on: March 17, 2012, 18:56:36 PM »
lovely to see Mogs new family posting

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #163 on: March 17, 2012, 16:20:20 PM »
Great to see you got him Tracy  :wow: Hope he starts to settle down soon and makes some new pals - very early days yet  :)

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #162 on: March 17, 2012, 14:00:39 PM »
Sending you lots of these Angie  :hug:  :hug:  :hug: and plenty more for Mog and his new family.  :hug:  :hug:  :hug:  As you say, early days.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #161 on: March 17, 2012, 13:20:06 PM »
oh well, early days...

remember that he is used to being upstairs as a norm and may well take a while to come down on his own. He only made it 2 or 3 times into our downstairs rooms and was then promptly picked up and put back in the hall (My fosters are restricted to upstairs so my cats can have free access in and out via the cat flap).

I am sure the fusses will win out  :hug:

Offline kittyland

• Adult Cat
« Reply #160 on: March 17, 2012, 13:06:21 PM »
Hi Angie and all Mog fans. He came out from behind the sofa about 10 last night. He saw the others and went straight back in. He came out a couple more times but changed his mind again. When I gave them their supper just before bedtime he heard us in the kitchen and came out. I decided to shut him in the kitchen/diningroom over night as I didn't want anyone picking on him. I left his dinner with him his water and tray. In the morning Jon went down and he had got into a very small gap under a dresser its only about 3 inches. He got stuck trying to get back out so I was frantically getting the draw out, he was fine and the gap is no more. He ate all his dinner in the night and used his and one of the other littertrays several times. He was pretty spooked this morning and Barney and Penny  ended up as bad, Arnie just went back to sleep. He decided to go up stairs and hide in the walk in cupboard in our bedroom. About 10.30 I went up with the Argos catalogue and just sat on the floor talking to him. After about an hour he came out had a wonder round and some fuss and Barney walked in hissing so he ran back. Then Barney went to bed and he started wondering round again, came back for lots of fuss, Barney came back in so I kept telling him (Barney that is ) that he was a plonker  and he wants to be friends and slowly he started to calm down.  He is still upstairs at the moment but I am going back up soon to sit at the top of the stairs to see if I can persuade him down. I want him to come down in his own time when he feels ready. Will let you know what happens next, Tracy,

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #159 on: March 17, 2012, 11:35:18 AM »
Mog went to Tracy yesterday.
Thursday he used his tray well, was eating well and chasing after flies so I think he was ready for the move.

Have not heard how he's doing but suspect he's been sulking so there is little to report. Or at least thats what the sensible me is telling the anxious foster mum me. I bet Tracy is also feeling a tad nervous as well.

He went into his basket quietly, didn't complain all the way over there and did not seem to mind the curiousity of the existing family members, and slunk off to hide behind the couch so I did not get my final cuddle.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #158 on: March 15, 2012, 09:17:47 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Tracy  :)

Mog is a bit of a star isn't he  :Luv:  Glad he is (hopefully) joining your family and hope you have enough time to settle him in with the other furries in your home. If you are able to post pics of em all, we always love pics  :)

:hug: :hug: :hug: for all you have done for him to date Angie.  Am sure it will be a wrench for you but a happy one .....

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #157 on: March 15, 2012, 09:03:34 AM »
 :welcome: Tracy  ;D

I'm thinking Mogs repeat litter tray usage may be down to his newly flushed and stitched bladder/urethra,  but I'd be very careful to monitor his tray usage when he moves in tomorrow (?  ;D ) in case he has ongoing waterworks issues. Hopefully it's just a bit of post-op swelling that's causing his frequent urination but best to be sure with his history.

As he's quite used to cage rest (and sinbin timeout, being such a bouncy boy) it might be worthwhile investing in a folding cage for him, then he can be penned when he needs to be rested / monitored.

Yes, you are an angel. I'm sure Mog will be the luckiest black cat after all.  :)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 09:05:23 AM by sheilarose, Reason: spelling »

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #156 on: March 15, 2012, 08:39:53 AM »
Welcome to Purrs Tracy.  :welcome:

I hope everything works out and that very soon Mog will be joining you.  :)

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #155 on: March 15, 2012, 02:17:08 AM »
welcome to the cyber world tracey.

I'M currently typing with the wrong hand. Mog is laying on his back on my lap purring like a good'un (and wagging his tail).

hope you are ambidextrous.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #154 on: March 14, 2012, 23:27:48 PM »
Hi, I am Tracy Mogs visitor. Mog is coming to live with us and our 3 scallies Arnie, Barney and Penny, if the home check goes well. He will be with us on Friday. We are looking forward to having him, he is a beautiful boy.   

Well I was going to say whoever is interested in him is an angel so I'll say it to your face  :naughty:  I'm sure many would be put off by his health issues, then there's the cat racists  >:(

:crossed: that he gets to come and live with you

Oh, and  :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #153 on: March 14, 2012, 22:49:35 PM »
Oh what great news but going to be a an awful wrench for Angie :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #152 on: March 14, 2012, 21:33:39 PM »
Oh pleeeese let this happen.  ;D What wonderful peeps you are Kittyland  :cuddle:

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
« Reply #151 on: March 14, 2012, 21:11:25 PM »
Hi, I am Tracy Mogs visitor. Mog is coming to live with us and our 3 scallies Arnie, Barney and Penny, if the home check goes well. He will be with us on Friday. We are looking forward to having him, he is a beautiful boy.   

Oh this has made my day !!!!  :wow:  :wow:  :wow:  Fingers crossed!!!

Offline kittyland

• Adult Cat
« Reply #150 on: March 14, 2012, 20:38:36 PM »

Offline valeriewhiteside

• Adult Cat
« Reply #149 on: March 14, 2012, 11:15:06 AM »
Poor Mogs  :(  This story made me cry , all that he has been through  :'(  I hope he finds a wonderful home soon , bless him  :Luv:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #148 on: March 14, 2012, 07:39:35 AM »
Well,
Mog has peed well overnight , albeit with more than a few visits to the tray (in fact 6 in the last 30 minutes, currently digging as I type!).
He is scoffing and wanting fuss as normal.
I have had an email from his visitors and we are going to have a trip to the vet this morning to discuss all things Mog.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #147 on: March 14, 2012, 00:26:57 AM »
Poor Mog :care: Hope he starts to perk up soon and double :crossed: for the interested viewers!

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #146 on: March 13, 2012, 23:06:39 PM »
Fingers crossed for Mog  both on the health front and on the home front.  :hug:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #145 on: March 13, 2012, 20:41:27 PM »
Mr mog was checked over saturday and they were happy with his progress. His stone results are not through yet.
 Because of his wanting biscuits we have him on hills c/d (renal) which he is ok with and perversely he has taken an interest in wet food since I have put biccies down.

He has not used his tray today which is a bit worrying so if its still clean tomorrow may trot him back to vets. He is acting like a normal cat though. (as normal as he has ever acted that is)

He also had some visitors this evening who have gone away to think about it. I've suggested if they want to go ahead, we all go for a vet check together so that questions can be asked about when he can go and what future care he may need.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #144 on: March 09, 2012, 08:27:44 AM »
mog is back to his old tricks of not eating very well or drinking much! so its AD diet at the moment the only thing he seems to begrugingly tolerate (just like last year). I'm sure he's ready for biscuits but he can't have them now so the next few weeks will be interesting while we try to find a 'normal' food.
Still on ABs , loxicam (what little he eats from the spike morning feed!) and some sphincter relaxant thing to make him pee - which he does little and often. Having put him in my bedroom boy do I know, scratch, scratch , sneeze. (He seems to have developed a sneeze which must be uncomfortable with an abdominal op).

However he does remain bright.

:tired:

my cats and Mac and Pecan can't understand why I'm now a no-go zone at night.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 08:28:50 AM by Angie (covcats) »

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2012, 07:50:35 AM »
Sending lots of positive vibes for a speedy recovery for Mog  :hug: :hug:

RIP Simba ~ 16/04/02
RIP Tiger ~ 25/08/02
RIP Lily ~ 03/04/10
RIP Molly ~ 04/11/16

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2012, 01:34:11 AM »
Mog is back with me this evening and is sporting a fabulous tummy wax and tummy tuck - he looks years younger!

he is happy to be back and has meds to take. The vet was very taken with him and demands I phone her up tomorrow to let her know how he's doing. He has to go back for a check up at the weekend.

He seems happy to be back home and is hopefully relaxing in his pen as I type, savouring the sounds and smells of his home for the past year.

Fingers crossed for a good recovery!

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #141 on: March 06, 2012, 19:06:30 PM »
Angie sending  :hug:s for you and Mog from us here we had Wispa with the same thing last month but no op hoping he is home tomorrow with his Mum :hug: :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #140 on: March 06, 2012, 18:53:52 PM »
Poor old mog is still at the vets. They phoned this afternoon and said they wanted to do the op. It was done late afternoon and the vets have just phoned up to say they found some more stones in his bladder . They are sending some off to see what sort of stones.
The vet said he would have probably blocked up again.

he's to remain in overnight and they will have him tomorrow as they want to see him pee. He is currently coming round from the op and is OK.

sadly, they told judith that they had to put a raggie to sleep at the weekend with the same problem because the owners could not afford the treatment. :'(

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #139 on: March 06, 2012, 15:41:16 PM »
So pleased that he has passed a stone and as no more show he should be fine now.  ;D ;D

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #138 on: March 06, 2012, 10:09:08 AM »
oh dear, poor chap :(
hopefully though now the stone is passed there may be no more? heres hoping he feels a lot better soon :hug:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #137 on: March 06, 2012, 08:27:35 AM »
Poor old Mog has been at the vets overnight, He was in a lot of pain yesterday and I rushed him in with what I feared was a blocked bladder.

he was dripping urine and they emptied his bladded with a syringe. He has passed a stone and other than that things look fine.He had a catheter put in last night and they took some xrays that did not show any problems or any more stones. He hasn't peed yet so I shall pick him up after work.

We could have gone further and they did say they could open him up to see if there was a problem but we agreed that at this stage we'd take him back and see what happens as it seems daft to put him through an operation when hopefully this may be a one-off.

Mog has now been with me over a year.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #136 on: April 01, 2011, 18:48:54 PM »
Gradually it will just cover with fur as Duchas has and also they start to walk with the other leg more central to balance better but that will take time and they use their tail to help balance too  :hug: :hug:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #135 on: April 01, 2011, 13:57:10 PM »
no sorry, it is at the joint but it still looks a little stumpy where the skin is folded over. I suppose its more obvious because theres no fur :sick:

Link to CatChat