Author Topic: Hello, we're new - and I think this one is working :D  (Read 2636 times)

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
Re: Hello, we're new - and I think this one is working :D
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2011, 16:10:23 PM »
welcome to the forum :)

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2011, 09:17:37 AM »
Viggo is the image of my Jenson sadly deceased.He and his brother Ainsley were rescued by us many years ago and ever since I have longed for a couple more Devons, they arent really cats but little clowns disguised as cats. When Jenson died Ainsley spent his time up my jumper being carried around thats when he wasnt jumping into the tumble dryer to pee on the newly dried washing, happy days! I so envy you. Welcome to Purrs.

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 07:18:33 AM »

Hi Grittykitties - a huge welcome to Purrs to you, Viggo and William.  You have two of the most gorgeous cats I think I've ever seen  :wow:  What wonderfully expressive faces.  I have to confess, I love naughty cats  :evillaugh:

It sounds like you have your hands well and truly full, not just with your two lovely boys, but with the rescue and re-homing activities too.  When do you hope to make it to the UK?  :welcome:

Mad Cat Ladies make up a very large proportion of Purrs, so don't worry about that - the other percentage is made up of mad cat men  ;)  I think you'll settle in very well by the sounds of it.  ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 01:46:19 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

I just love your cats and those ears!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :rofl: :rofl:

Lovely to have someone from Denmark on the forum and I find it so embarrassing that you write such purrrrrrrrrrrrfect English when most of us Brits cant speak more than a word of a foreign language...........sigh.......to be honest I dont type english very well!!

I hope we will see loads more pics of your two and look forward to hearing about the mischief they get up to  ;D

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2011, 23:06:26 PM »
haha,  that  is  the  exact  breed  description for  devons isn't  it?  :)
yes,  the  boys  are  coming  with  me  whereever  I  go.
Since  some  of   you  are  keen  on  Denmark,  I  should mention  that  I'm  on  couchsurfing,  so  I'll  gladly  host  some  catlovers   ;)

thanks  again  for  the  welcome
x

Ooooh now that sounds like a plan ... a bit quick cat napping trip to CPH! I'm sure I could squeeze those two little darlings into my travel bag when it was time to go home  :rofl: :rofl:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline grittykitties

• Kitten
  • Slave to: William & Viggo
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2011, 22:56:06 PM »
haha,  that  is  the  exact  breed  description for  devons isn't  it?  :)
yes,  the  boys  are  coming  with  me  whereever  I  go.
Since  some  of   you  are  keen  on  Denmark,  I  should mention  that  I'm  on  couchsurfing,  so  I'll  gladly  host  some  catlovers   ;)

thanks  again  for  the  welcome
x
When you're used to hearing purring and suddenly it's gone, it's hard to silence the blaring sound of sadness.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2011, 22:31:02 PM »
Meant to ask you ... Will the boys be joining you when you come to the UK?

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2011, 22:26:20 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs

So glad you joined us.  I'm a fan of Copenhagen too.  Just love Tivoli Gardens' Fireworks  :wow:

What fabulous handsome little boys you have there  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:.  My former neighbour has a little dog called William with the same adorable purrsonality as your lovely William  :)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2011, 22:19:35 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

OMG William & Viggo are so gorgeous .... I LOVE rex's.  They are so beautiful.  Your boys sound like they are perfect examples of their breed ....

"alert and active, and shows a lively interest in its surroundings. They love to be with their humans and enjoy playing fetch or other games. They are also extremely agile cats with an inquisitive nature and will explore every corner of their homes. Devons, like dogs, follow their humans from room to room. They chat gaily in subdued chirps, chortles and trills. Never wishing to left out of any activity, besotted Devon owners find the breed very intelligent, affectionate, loyal and fun-loving."

Purrrrrfect little bundles of mischief, mayhem and love  :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline grittykitties

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, 19:07:53 PM »
Thanks Dawn, Snarf and Helen for the warm welcome  :thanks:
I look forward to going through some of the many threads and finding useful information  :shy:
When you're used to hearing purring and suddenly it's gone, it's hard to silence the blaring sound of sadness.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, 18:30:12 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

William & Viggo are beautiful - such cute little faces  :Luv2:

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2011, 18:29:16 PM »
 :welcome: beautiful cats

He jumps from the floor to my shoulder when he's not getting enough attention, and it's no problem that he can't jump high enough yet, he simply lands on my back, and climps (with very sharp kitty nails!) his way up! Clever cat.

one of mine doesnt jump very well so just climbs up you to your shoulders, fine if your in jeans and a big coat but otherwise... i feel your pain! its amazing what we find endearing  :-: :rofl:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 18:07:40 PM »
hi and welcome  - love the photos (especially the second one down!)  we are all a bit animal crazy here so don't worry you will fit in well - I love Copenhagen its a really friendly city

Offline grittykitties

• Kitten
Hello, we're new - and I think this one is working :D
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 18:02:13 PM »
Hey guys!

So, I found this site, and am very excited.
Great to see others taking care of the kitties in distress, and caring about their wellbeing.
Although I'm not from the UK (yet!), I hope you will share your kitties, your advice and help with me. I shall certainly bring my knowledge from Denmark to you  :shy:
I wish I was able to help you guys with the kitties, a cat-heart doesn't have borders, you know. But unless you can ship them to me, I'm guessing it'll have to wait untill I move to the UK as part of my studying.  ;)

A short introduction?

Well, I'm a Danish student, 26 years old and living in the Capital - Copenhagen.
I've been helping several organisations with street-dogs and cats from Greece over the past 5 years, fostering them/training them and such. Also I have been helping a Danish shelter with their cats and dogs, and I think it's safe to say that my heart for animals is quite big and roomy.  :Luv:
Actually I adopted an abandoned cat, but unfortunately he wouldn't settle for an indoorlife alone, and as I live in a top-floor flat, I was not able to satisfy his outdoor-cravings. Luckily I found him a fantastic home in a house with a garden.
I own two spoiled Devon Rex kitties, and I can't imagine a life without them! They are still young, but I'm starting to forget how my life was before them....a bit like, when you try to remember you childhood without cell phones and the internet.  :Crazy:

So.
Viggo is the black one. He's real fun to be around! I would say your local entertainment-pusher. He's a trouble maker, and a charlatan. Whatever he can get his paws into, he will. He delivers entertainment for his brother William as well, stealing "play-things" from the kitchen tables and other restricted areas, like the little rascal he is! His favorite place to sleep is under a shirt, in close contact with his human....remember he can't 'phone home', so I guess even Mr T needs some TLC after all.
He jumps from the floor to my shoulder when he's not getting enough attention, and it's no problem that he can't jump high enough yet, he simply lands on my back, and climps (with very sharp kitty nails!) his way up! Clever cat.
William on the other hand is slighty different.
Very very well-mannered, well-behaved - I'm sure blue blood runs in his veins! He's the type that looks sad if I'm telling Viggo to 'not get his nose into this and that' - believing that it must be him doing something wrong  :scared:
Loves to snuggle, and he sticks like velcro. They both talk, but William responds whenever he's spoken to, and his purr'ing can kill any human conversation. He's as sweet and cute as a bunny carrying a bouquet of flowers.

They are both adored, spoiled and loved.

Guess this introduction wasn't short after all, huh?
But hey this is the place to brag, yeah?
I probably sound like the mad-cat-woman  :wow: But I'm actually pretty  normal, or at least under cover in my daily life  :briggin:

Here's some pictures as well.....

Link to CatChat