Author Topic: HELLO  (Read 2007 times)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: HELLO
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2011, 00:11:44 AM »
I'm another who had to adopt very soon after losing my beloved cat, it's not 'replacing' as you could never replace such a wonderful little personality. I was worried that I might not be able to love them as much as I loved my previous cat or that I would resent them for not being her. Neither happened, they just filled a sad time with happiness and I love them all and always will  :)

When the time is right for you and Pip you'll know  :hug:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #12 on: February 13, 2011, 23:02:37 PM »
OMG Chrissiekat, you'll be here forever, it was Sam that got me on here too  :rofl:

Only ever been a 1 woman cat but if I was you I would not go by what people say on internet sites unless one has been recommended to you by someone you can trust.

That's whay it's great on here cos nearly everyone has experienced one thing or another and you'll find someone can give you first hand advice.

If I was you I would ask your question again on the General Chat part as more people go in there.  Not many people come in this bit of Purrs.

You're not the first to ask this question and you will not be the last.

Beautiful pics of you darling Pip.  Here's some of my Bonnie.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Chrissiekat70

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Pippy
« Reply #11 on: February 13, 2011, 21:46:27 PM »
You are all so fabulous.  Pip came by the laptop a while ago and had a sniff (I swear she was skim reading in secret)! She says 'Mew-mew'.  I completely agree that it is her decision so thank you for the reassurance.  She is indeed sleeping more and spending a lot more time on the window sill so all her actions are explained to what I was thinking they meant.  Unfortunately Sooty - the 4-year old - has gone off the website so it looks like the lucky little fella has found his forever home - which is great for him.  Fate for Pipling and me I feel.....he would have been perrrrrfect for her but had another purpose to fulfil.  We will figure it out for her and I promised I would get her a pal but as I am temporarily living with the folks, they are not so keen....I will keep working on that one.  :evillaugh:
I have to say my lovely new found friends, that you have brought me a little peace in myself...knowing you are all our there and care for a little kitty who you've never met.  I lost a 20 year old cat in January 2010 and to loose another so quickly, who was in my plans at least for the next 15-years, lost my faith a little.....thank you from the bottom of my heart and from each of the four pretty paws of the Pipster and if there are any male kitties who'd love to make a sad little kitty feel special,  she'll be waiting. :Luv:
Thank you so much......head butt kisses and great big hugs to one and all!!!  :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #10 on: February 13, 2011, 18:07:08 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

So glad you decided to join us ... (it was me that recommended the site).

Sorry to hear Pip is pinning for her brother ... it's always hard to know when or if to get another kitty ...but like the other have said go with your heart.

Sam xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2011, 16:24:11 PM »
 :welcome:

Oh so sad for poor Dave, what a lovely boy. In over twenty five years of being owned by cats, I have lost two little souls to traffic: Hazel and Cassie. Both were youngsters as well, and both left twin siblings behind who pined for around five days. The shock you are feeling now may have blurred your senses. So it's with this hindsight I have formed my opinion...

Trust Pip. Pip will tell you in a few days whether she wants a new partner, or just wants to keep you all to herself. If she's spending a lot of time alone in the house, a new friend would be good company for her, but she's still expecting Dave to come home so she needs time to get used to his absence before a new guy appears at the door. Just listen to her voice and body language.
When the time is right, and you both feel ready, go see your trusted cat rescue and they will help to choose a new companion for Pip and friend for you. :hug: :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 16:23:27 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs.  So sorry for your loss  :hug:

I'm same as Dawn.  When Aslan died in an RTA, we couldn't bear looking at Billy who was so obviously missing his pal and looking thru the window waiting for him to come home  :(.  Broke our hearts and we brought Freddie home from RSPCA to keep Billy company (and to ease our loss of course) as there was such a big age difference beetween Billy and our other elderly cat Thomas. 

Freddie and Billy absolutely loathed one another  :scared:.  I remember I borrowed a cage from vet to try and stop Fred from attacking Billy on the 2nd day.  Needless to say, within a few weeks, all was well and they became good friends with Billy following Freddie everywhere until Noni arrived that is and Billy fell in love  :Luv:

Everyone is different and much will depend on how Pip is reacting to her loss too  :(  Is the 4 year old boy a placid fella?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 14:00:48 PM »
I'm an as soon as possible person myself, but everyone is different you need to go with your heart  :hug:

Offline Chrissiekat70

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2011, 10:17:59 AM »
 :Luv: Well what a lovely welcome.  Thank you for the replies; they made me smile, cry, think and most of all remember.  Last night was awful as although I shouldn't, I couldn't help thinking about what was going on last week.  I nearly brought home a lovely 4-year old boy as a companion for my little Pip yesterday as she is clearly low but unfortunately, not everyone in the household is of the same thinking as I am.  I am getting conflicting advise from shelters and on line advise sites as some say do it ASAP and some say don't do anything for about 6-months.  I therefore, decided not to bring the 4-year old....help us please.  What are your experiences in bringing a new friend home....is it too soon?  When is the right time?  I am in turmoil as I desparately want to do the right thing by my little Pipling and get her a friend / boyfriend without disrespecting Dave's memory....... :-: xx
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 10:20:47 AM by Chrissiekat70 »

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2011, 00:43:55 AM »
:welcome: to Purrs.

I am so sorry to hear about Davey,  :hug: I was in a similar situation - my Smudge was a missing and sadly I found him dead.  But he brought me to Purrs and to my darling Bonnie.

I've been on Purrs over 3 years now and we all help each other through the bad times and we all laugh together at the good times.  One big happy family which I hope you and Pip will be part of for a long time.

Mary and Bonnie
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2011, 00:07:08 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, as Clare says, sorry it's under such sad circumstances  :hug: Davey was a gorgeous boy, hope his sister Pip will be OK  :hug:

Remember Our Love

I was chosen that day
I'm learning to fly
the world took me away,
but please don't you cry

And I chose you today
to try and be strong
so please don't you cry
and don't say that I'm gone

When you're feeling alone
just remember our love,
I'm up near the stars
looking down from above.

Remember our love
In a moment you'll see
that I'm still here beside you
when you're thinking of me.

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 23:11:39 PM »
Hi there.  I'm so sorry for your loss and you will find like-minded people on this site who understand your pain (although it is a bit quiet at the moment - not sure where everybody has gone).  :hug:  Pip must be missing her brother so give her a big hug from me.  :hug:
« Last Edit: February 12, 2011, 23:12:14 PM by CarolM (Wendolene) »

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 22:41:46 PM »
Hello and  :welcome: to Purrs, just so sorry you found us in such sad circumstances  :(  :hug:  :hug:

Davey was a hunk and I'm sure is sorely missed  :hug: :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Chrissiekat70

• Kitten
HELLO
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2011, 20:13:55 PM »
Hello.....what a lovely website!  Sadly, I have found it after being recommended to join after loosing one of my 8-month old kittens who was run over last Saturday.  Davey (white & tabby) was a difiant but loveable lilttle man who has left me and his gentle sister Pip (white and black) sad and low.  Why does it always take a sad tragedy to find something so lovely and comforting as these pages are?  RIP Davey and I promise to look after Pip for you. Love you boy xxx

Link to CatChat