Author Topic: FOUND white and black kitten-northfield birmingham  (Read 5357 times)

Offline thekittensmittens

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
Re: FOUND white and black kitten-northfield birmingham
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2011, 14:21:52 PM »
haha no didnt think you meant that at all :shy:
I dont have a cat flap yet as shes staying in till shes neutered so i think i will wati and get her chipped then, im sure they offer a neuter and chip package here in birmingham, i still remember my moms kitten when she got done , shes a big fur ball so she was very sorry for herself!
I have deciced im going to have to get another female kitten now to keep georgia (our kitten) company...hehe ....thats my excuse for the oh if he asks to many questions!
Ive also deciced to redo the garden (dont laugh!) with a safe house shed for all the strays so if they come in the garden in winter i can have a place they can cosy up at least and then oh cant complain about me bringing them into live, and if they arent stray i cant get done for catnapping ;D

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2011, 23:49:10 PM »
Sorry hope you don't think I'm suggesting your little girl is ready for her op!   :Crazy: 

Having said that, our girls were chipped at same time as follow up vaccination circa 12 weeks with no probs  :shy:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2011, 23:44:16 PM »
Have to say I've heard a few times now that vets (like mine) suggest chipping at same time as neutering (circa 5 to 6 months).  I find this very worrying as it's so easy for a little fluffy body to squeeze thru an open door and head off into the wide nasty world  :scared: :scared: :scared:  I got worried about our Groucho not being chipped aged 4 months coz he was getting far too interested in the cat flap so booked him him in to be chipped.  Vet really shocked me by saying he was big enough already for the big un and booked him in for the SNIP next day  :scared: :scared: :scared:  :evillaugh:

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Miyagi , Georgia, Pacey & Little Mo RIP....also 10 lovebirds and rainbow the rosella! Rip Cookie & Sunny my beautifull cockatiels
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 23:29:42 PM »
no Rosella that doesnt sound mean-sounds too tre to me, I cant wait till our kitty is old enough to get neutered etc as would love her to go outside when weather pics up but im certainly not letting her out withot a micro chip as well in case she did a cat escape! at the moment shes happily adventuring my house ,each day is a novelty to see where shes got to on her adventures i can tell you.
I wish i had taken a pic now of the kitten i found though-his face was so adorable :Luv:
Im becoming to notice more and mor cats now in my area- i know the area near rspca is full of feral cats, everyone ive poken to has them nesting in back gardens, its terrible that so many are out there.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 23:10:51 PM »
I was going to urge you to ask vet to contact Cats Protection and put a pic on their website as found but tbh if owner didn't bother to microchip, deflea, or neuter I think maybe he's better off where he is now.  Sorry if that sounds mean but ........
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 23:11:32 PM by Rosella moggy »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 19:29:04 PM »
Sounds like the kitten that walked throiugh my door before Christmas, no chip and 4 months old and drop dead gorgeous, she is now in a new home...........so sad but no owner was found.

• Hero Cat
FOUND white and black kitten-northfield birmingham
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 19:04:40 PM »
hi.
I was adopted by a stray kitten yesterday near a busy road where i live, i had noticed him for a few days but presumed he was some ones pet.
however at the bus stop yesterday i felt a pawing at my feet and there he was, i asked the houses near by and no one knew who he belonged to so i popped him home with my oh till i collected kids. i asked about and others said they didnt know who he belonged to and the local shop keeper said she had seen him too for a few days.
in the end i took him to vets to check for a microchip and he hadnt got one :-[
the vet said he was about 4-5 months old and not neutered. i would have loved to keep him but our kitty is only just ready for her injections so i am worried about the risk that he may have diseases etc as hes been on the streets. although he is well fed he was however badly infected in his ears and had fleas etc poor thing.
he was howver the most loving friendliest cat ive ever met and i was heartbroken to drop him off-thankfully the young vet was in love also and has taken him home with her two other adopted cats.
Im sure he must have been lost as he was so friendly to us all, i cant think he was born as feral, even oh wanted me to go and fetch him back this morning :'(
if anyone has lost him please get in touch, he had the most beautifull face and was mostly white with black on his back and a black star on his head if that helps.
jo x

Link to CatChat