Author Topic: Sadie has discovered she now likes catnip... cue hilarity!  (Read 1979 times)

Offline Alex S

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Sadie
Re: Sadie has discovered she now likes catnip... cue hilarity!
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 22:47:23 PM »
What very beautiful markings Sadie has  :Luv: :Luv:

Poor old cardboard.  What did it ever do to deserve that sort of treatment?  :( ;)

note the flectabed right next to her! she just loves cardboard, she scratched a few boxes in the spare room so we decided to let her have a bit of her own in the living room, she sleeps on it if we're in the room and in her iglu if we're not. it gets changed once a week when it's been destroyed and trodden through the house!

she does have lovely markings, she has a spotty tummy too and is very slim (apart from her little tufty tummy flap) so we think there may be a bit of bengal in there somewhere. Oh and she screams the house down in the morning when she wants attention or a meal so i suppose we might be right!

Offline AllShookUp

• Senior Cat
  • R.I.P Annastasia 1994-2009
  • Slave to: Elvis & Miki-MooMoo
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 15:23:36 PM »
 :rofl:  :Luv2:

Elvis is catnip daft. Miki doesnt like it though. She prefers meaty treats. She doesnt like the milky drop things either. But Elvis is mad for the catnip!

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 09:40:43 AM »
What very beautiful markings Sadie has  :Luv: :Luv:

Poor old cardboard.  What did it ever do to deserve that sort of treatment?  :( ;)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 01:12:03 AM »
Glad Sadie had a good time and you too  ;) :rofl:

Bonnie plays with her catnip toys ofr a few minutes and then a few days later another 2 mins. then a month later 5 mins.  We will never work  them out will we?  :rofl: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 20:59:39 PM »
Bless her  :Luv: She certainly likes her cardboard scratchy pad doesn't she! :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 02:10:04 AM »
Some cats have no reaction to it and believe I have heard that kittens dont.

My franta plays with it a bit and then he stamps on it wirh back paws  :hug: :hug:

Sadie is  :Luv2:

Offline Alex S

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Sadie
Sadie has discovered she now likes catnip... cue hilarity!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 02:00:54 AM »
Six months (to the day) in to her life here and until now she has completely ignored everything catnip related... until tonight!

I just cracked out the bag of organic catnip we bought the day we took her home, she sniffed the bag and wandered off uninterested but i wasn't going to take no for an answer this time. I wrapped a bit up in kitchen roll and left it for her to sniff, which she did, then she sneezed, started dribbling and rolled around with her parcel plastered to her little face. I then sprinkled the contents onto her piece of cardboard which she likes to scratch and sleep on (instead of the flectabed which still lies, unused right next to it) as it was due to be replaced tomorrow with a fresh bit and she went mental. It's now drenched and as a result we have a very affectionate, slobbery, and slightly unsteady-on-her-feet cat who's actually now looking like she thinks a nap might be a good idea.

Thank you catnip, this was far, far better entertainment than late night TV!

Catnipped:
« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 02:02:14 AM by Alex S »

Link to CatChat