Author Topic: I think cat litter should come in a reinforced bag  (Read 2032 times)

Offline Owned_By_Napkin

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Napkin
Re: I think cat litter should come in a reinforced bag
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 03:29:10 AM »
I don't know if you guys in the UK get the barrels we get here... but I only buy Napkin the Tidy Cat in this package for all the reasons you've just described!!!

And yes, I do have just the one cat but she goes through A LOT of litter. I always joke I should rent her to a cat litter company to test their "multiple cat" formulas!!  :scared:

Offline Lindsey (thefunkyinuit)

• Senior Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2011, 11:49:46 AM »
hehe this made me giggle!  :evillaugh:
I glad its not just my kitty that seems to want to go to the toilet when I'm trying to clean her tray!
As soon as I'd pick it up, she'd come trotting in, i'd have it half in the bin bag before she'd start scraping the puppy pads that I keep under her tray incase she slightly misses her target! I know she'll just do her business there and then if I don't hurry up so I usally have to frantically scoop the rest, refil and shove it under her bum, all the time I'm going 'wait! wait! wait! wait! wait!' These days I usually wait until shes just been or make sure shes sound asleep before cleaning it!  :evillaugh:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2011, 12:34:48 PM »
Oh dear!

Then when I went to fetch a dustpan and brush to clean up Ember peed on the litter on the floor :doh: Figgy started digging in it and Indie tried to poop in it  :-: *sigh*

Well you can't flaw their logic!  ;D

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2011, 17:10:22 PM »
I pour ours into a small kitchen swing bin - Darwin enjoys digging in said swing bin..... :tired: :-:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Elanor3

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Indie, Ember, Fig
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2011, 13:38:15 PM »
Ember always uses the litter before I even finish tipping it in the litter the little  :naughty:

I like the bin idea very much  ;)
:sick: They're such little angels aren't they? I can remember when we shared our home with some domesticated rats and I was cleaning the cage out I put the clean base on the floor only to turn and find Parsley using it as a litter tray..... :-:

:rofl: Ember did that with the litter tray we originally had for Figgy when she was too little for the hooded ones ... little bug ... er darlings  ;)

Offline souffle

• Super Cat
  • muvver to Callie & Monty RIP
    • custardhamstery.weebly.com
  • Slave to: Callie and Monty
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2011, 11:02:29 AM »
They are also rather hard to open and frequently as I pour the litter in I see the top tearing down and I pour it into my shoes  :doh:
I bearly get the hood on (sometimes dont) and someone leaps in and and pees in it!
souf by Lynne Blair, on Flickr

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 10:59:14 AM »
We have a plastic flip top bin lined with cat litter plastic bags due to this problem makes life so much easier a bin lasts us 2 days before we decant to outside for tip disposal - one upstairs and one downstairs

Of course with RSI I have dropped the bin and as we use 4 types of litter it can be an awful messy clean up usually with several Clan cats help :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2011, 10:26:27 AM »
 :sick: They're such little angels aren't they? I can remember when we shared our home with some domesticated rats and I was cleaning the cage out I put the clean base on the floor only to turn and find Parsley using it as a litter tray..... :-:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Elanor3

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Indie, Ember, Fig
I think cat litter should come in a reinforced bag
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2011, 09:17:45 AM »
I was doing the litter yesterday and when I picked the bag up it split, right down the seam!!  Then when I went to fetch a dustpan and brush to clean up Ember peed on the litter on the floor :doh: Figgy started digging in it and Indie tried to poop in it  :-: *sigh* I had to throw it away and it tooks ages to clean up - thanks Fig!  When I did finally get around to doing the trays I was taking the bag of poop and pee out and then that split on the kitchen floor :shify: I sense a conspiracy ....

Link to CatChat