Author Topic: New food  (Read 1984 times)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Re: New food
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2011, 08:06:15 AM »
Joe & Jill's is sold in quite a few supermarkets and iirc (it's been a while since I bought it) it's not a bad dry food.  Failing that, I buy Purina One from the supermarket when I'm skint.   You could always try buying some of the JWB and something cheaper then mixing the 2 to make it go further.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 11:51:49 AM »
Just reread my post - I meant no wheat or dairy  :-[

I think it has rice & maize in but still pretty good compared to a lot of other foods.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline catalyst

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Milo and Pagan
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 11:46:19 AM »
Thanks! I think the tesco one might be the way to go. Im heading there today so will get it. Even if they have it for a month then back to JWB.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 01:09:59 AM »
Tesco have reintroduced their premium food (I'm sure they stopped selling it for quite some time) I bought the senior version and the ingredients are pretty good 35% chicken, no wheat or cereal. I don't know the full ingredients for the adult version but the senior has things like fish oil, glucosamine, rosemary oil etc so pretty good. A 1kg bag was about £3.20

Also it P@H premium dry is 1/2 price at the moment so a 2kg is about £5.50 (for some reason they show the full price and the discount is taken off at checkout - not sure if the offer is also instore)
http://www.petsathome.com/shop/cat/cat-products-on-special-offer/cat-food-on-special-offer/
From memory, P@H is the nearest to JWB.

Again, good ingredients.

http://www.mysupermarket.co.uk/tesco-price-comparison/Cat_Food/Waitrose_Active_Nutrition_Adult_Cat_Chicken_1Kg.html?ShowSwitchSMBar=3
It is shoowing as out of stock - maybe they have just started selling it again?
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 10:06:44 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline catalyst

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Milo and Pagan
New food
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 00:46:05 AM »
Im running really low on funds just now! And will be for a couple of weeks. I am running low on cat food so will need to buy some in the next few days. I usually get James Wellbeloved 2kg bag for about £13 and a 12 pack of Natures Menu meat for about £5. Its £20 that i really dont know if i can stretch to  :shock:

Its really good food but im wondering if i can get them something else just as good but not as pricey. Im talking dried food rather than meat as i tried to change their meat once and it wasnt pretty. Awful smelly poop!

So can any one suggest a better, cheaper food? Or somewhere i can get JWB cheaper! I have looked on line and there are cheaper bags but once you add the postage on its just the same price.

I have enough dried food left to slowly introduce a new one by mixing them.

Link to CatChat