Author Topic: Another person gets away with a slap on the wrist under the animal welfare act - birmingham  (Read 1953 times)

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
I would be more than willing to do it !

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Why cant this person just be thrown out of the same window
and see how she likes it?

I agree - fair's fair  >:(

We could argue it was done in the heat of the moment and therefore OK  :tired:

« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 20:27:24 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggerman

• Hero Cat
Why cant this person just be thrown out of the same window
and see how she likes it?

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
Didn''t read any of the links as i find all this animal cruelty too upsetting and there is so much about.
Bring back public flogging for these scum  :censored: :censored: :censored:

So glad she is being evicted -hope no-one takes her in either !

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy Fuzzlebug.
I can't read the second link. I hope someone pushes the piece of scum under a bus  >:(

Can't do that mate...might damage the bus!How about pushing her off Beachy Head instead..burial at sea n' all that..
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 17:04:46 PM by mervyn7451 »
center]Please join the Purrs save a life draw - £2 a month is all it takes!
Help the rescues to help the cats in their care plus the chance to win £££  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,38217.0.html
[/center]
[img

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
I can't read the second link. I hope someone pushes the piece of scum under a bus  >:(

« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 16:51:44 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Hopefully as they've published her photo her life will never be the same  ;)

I couldn't read the second article but was impressed by this in the first one - “This sort of behaviour against a tiny defenceless animal is despicable and I will not tolerate it from one of our tenants. I have asked my officers to begin eviction procedures and we will re-allocate this home to someone who deserves it."

Sadly she will now be able to rent somewhere privately and claim housing benefit to pay the rent so she won't be homeless but at least she has lost the secure tenancy of a council home.  I hope social services are on her back too, surely anyone who could do that to a defenceless animal is a potential danger to defenceless children too.

I agree with Mervyn - why the Magistrates went easy on her because it was an 'impulsive act' boggles the mind  :Crazy:

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
I hate the way people are excused appalling behaviour just because they're from a broken home or have a difficult life. Lots of us are from broken homes (I'm one!), and have difficult lives - it's no excuse for abuse and cruelty.

I have no interest in children whatsoever but in this case I do feel sorry for her kids.
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
I am afraid this whole country is a joke nowadays and the law even more so .
they should hand the person over to the animal rights people and let them deal with them  :censored: :censored: :censored:

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy Fuzzlebug.
The should be two things done here;

1-Impose stiffer penalties for animal cruelty

2-Make housing officers carry out home visits on single parents under 25 to asses all aspects of the home,including animal welfare.

Sickening doesn't come close to how I feel,the judge said it was an 'impulsive act',so on that vein,I can go out,get steaming drunk & punch a girl in the face & then claim it was an 'impulsive act' then...
center]Please join the Purrs save a life draw - £2 a month is all it takes!
Help the rescues to help the cats in their care plus the chance to win £££  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,38217.0.html
[/center]
[img

Link to CatChat