Author Topic: Please help me, Mister stocked in some one garage  (Read 7201 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: Please help me, Mister stocked in some one garage
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2011, 23:40:10 PM »
Sorry, I missed this before - what a worry for you Pav - thank goodness you got him back safely  :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #58 on: January 31, 2011, 01:45:47 AM »
Quote from: Gill (sneaky feline) link=topic=36405.msg 647298#msg 647298 date=1296432567
No Ellen, Pav cant take him because he cant go outside, so he will need a new home in this country.
Sorry i didnt see your reply Gill, thankyou.x

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #57 on: January 31, 2011, 01:42:48 AM »
If you are taking him back home with you once your flat is sold you will have to keep him in then for several weeks so he does not get lost.
Thankyou, but the reason i dont think is right to take him back with me is cos there is no out door or garden access at home so he has to be an indoor cat and he is not happy as indoor.Yes i do know when you have new cats or move home you have to keep them in for 6-8 weeks

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #56 on: January 31, 2011, 00:09:27 AM »
No Ellen, Pav cant take him because he cant go outside, so he will need a new home in this country.

Offline Ellen2010

• Distinguished Cat
  • Sophie 9/93 - 3/10/11 Play hard my little angel
  • Slave to: Timmy, Baby, Danita, Tia, Miffy and Domino
« Reply #55 on: January 31, 2011, 00:04:47 AM »
If you are taking him back home with you once your flat is sold you will have to keep him in then for several weeks so he does not get lost.
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2011, 17:20:16 PM »
Quote from: lau200 link=topic=36405.msg 647096#msg 647096 date=1296332040
i'm afraid i'm still new to this forum and to everyone on it so i don't know your background but some kittens do settle down with company, because they entertain each other. our Polly was outdoors all the time at our previous home apparently and at first she kept crying to go out but she has settled down now (since penny passed away i won't let my cats out when it is cold enough to use anti-freeze). if you keep strong and don't give in perhaps he will get used to being indoors.

he is gorgeous by the way and i'm glad you have got him back safely x
Thanks Lau, i am afraid another Kitten is not an option for me, i am moving back home once my flat is sold and i was planing to take Mister with me and then once i am settled i home a cat over there, an older cat !
I kept him in yesterday and today but he doesnt look happy and keep running to the door and crying , he even poo in the bath so is obvious he is stressed, he doesn't understand i am trying to keep him safe  :(
He wants to be out chasing everything and play and i am taking that away from him and that is not right .
Thankyousomuch for the advise. Pav x

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2011, 01:18:02 AM »
so pleased he's back safe with you, and that the owner of the garage was reasonable  ;D  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2011, 01:10:48 AM »
Pav I am so delighted for you and Mister. What a horrid night for you.

You have nothing to be sorry about, it is only natural for you to cry and worry and not think straight.  I just wish we could have all been nearer to you to come and be with you.

He is one lucky pussy to have you, it's such a shame that he won't stay in.  The only thing Bonnie ever wants to go outside for is grass so I buy cat grass and she loves it.  Maybe Mister would like some , you never know it might work.

Mary x

:chicken:  :chicken:  :chicken:  :cuddle: :cuddle:  :happy dance:  :happy dance:

:ahh:  :clap:   :Party 3: 
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2011, 23:36:51 PM »
Well OH said that would be garage users' response all along  :innocent:

Ain't MSG just the most handsome Prince?   :blow kiss: :blow kiss: :blow kiss: :cccooorrr: :catluv:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2011, 21:05:23 PM »
Worth the wait  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

What a gorgeous boy! Glad he's out and safe.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #49 on: January 29, 2011, 20:56:54 PM »
Worth the wait  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #48 on: January 29, 2011, 20:14:00 PM »
i'm afraid i'm still new to this forum and to everyone on it so i don't know your background but some kittens do settle down with company, because they entertain each other. our Polly was outdoors all the time at our previous home apparantly and at first she kept crying to go out but she has settled down now (since penny passed away i won't let my cats out when it is cold enough to use anti-freeze). if you keep strong and don't give in perhaps he will get used to being indoors.

he is gorgeous by the way and i'm glad you have got him back safely x

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #47 on: January 29, 2011, 19:38:58 PM »
 Thankyou Gill. :hug: :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2011, 18:49:15 PM »
Here is Mr SG in person and he is like a mini Misa  ;D

I will put his pictures on the other thread too

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2011, 16:03:05 PM »
glad he is out  :hug:
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #44 on: January 29, 2011, 15:51:09 PM »
So pleased he's out! Am glad you've spoken to the garage owner too and all is well  :)

I really wish he would settle down indoors as you are the best cat Mum a cat could have and he must love you to bits, it will be hard on both of you if he won't settle inside and you have to find him a new home before you leave the UK :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #43 on: January 29, 2011, 15:37:16 PM »
So glad he is back home and safe now.
I wouldn''t worry a bit about the garage owner -you have not caused any damage and its all safe and secure -only got a different lock thats all .

As for the neighbour -i would have told her where to get off and how would she feel if it was one of her kids locked in a garage for 2-3 days !
Thankx
The guy who rents the garage just turned up,he said he normally comes here once a week but he left some thing yesterday so had to come back!!I explained what happened and he said he has 2 cats and HE WOULD HAVE DONE THE SAME THING and he was quite happy with the new lock cos is good quality i paid him for the 2nd lock and we checked the garage and no mess at all. He said his cat SmokeyJo was locked in a room for 2 days and never made a mess, good boy.
No i am afraid we have a communal garden in the back and there is no way to cat proof it. If Mister was an indoor cat which i was hoping he would i was more than happy to take him back home with me but in Iran i am going to live in second floor flat with no garden or out door access so it wont be fair to him Its breaking my heart to have to rehome him but i am going to put him on cats need home page here on Purrs, I KNOW ITS HARDER TO REHOME B/W and Black cats but once his picture is up some one might fall in love with him he is so friendly and gorgeous.
Thanks x
I would have been the same as you and would have done the same thing regards getting him out .

Is there no way you could have a pen in the garden for him -or fence a bit off so he can''t get onto the road?
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #42 on: January 29, 2011, 15:27:07 PM »
so relieved he is home and safe  :hug:  :hug: :hug:

agree with what the others have said about the garage.

have to go out and get some more things for ducha but tonight will add msg pictures on the other thread  ;D
Thankx Gill. is no rush with photos i know you have so much to deal with atm.
Thankyou x

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2011, 15:18:21 PM »
So glad he is back home and safe now.
I wouldn''t worry a bit about the garage owner -you have not caused any damage and its all safe and secure -only got a different lock thats all .

As for the neighbour -i would have told her where to get off and how would she feel if it was one of her kids locked in a garage for 2-3 days !
I would have been the same as you and would have done the same thing regards getting him out .

Is there no way you could have a pen in the garden for him -or fence a bit off so he can''t get onto the road?
 :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #40 on: January 29, 2011, 14:53:24 PM »
No worries Pav, I was just trying to keep you calm but its very easy to give you advice when its not happening to you, if it were me in your situation I probably would have been the same :)

Just glad he is home save now.

I can't really advise on the going out as all my 3 are indoor. Bourneville did go outside before he came to live with me and it did take a little while to convert him and he did make a couple of dashes but you just have to be firm like your friend said...I know its hard *hug*
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #39 on: January 29, 2011, 14:38:11 PM »
so relieved he is home and safe  :hug:  :hug: :hug:

agree with what the others have said about the garage.

have to go out and get some more things for ducha but tonight will add msg pictures on the other thread  ;D

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2011, 14:15:49 PM »
Thankyou somuch for the support.
Mark your post made me laugh :)
Rossella tbh i didnt check the garage but i will offer the guy to clean it if he has made a mess.MSG never got to the spraying he was neutered at 4 1/2 month.
I really need to be logical about this, as soon as i got him in he was calm for an hour and then started crying to go out and he wont stop untill he goes out this happens every day and i know our road is not safe and every day when i let him out i feel sick of the thought of him having accident :(
I know i have to find him a home with safe garden and i am finding it so hard i have never rehomed my cats but its for his happiness and i have to do it, as i said in my other tread he has got almost every toy from Purrs shop but is not enogh to keep him happy inside i play with him for hours but he is happy out side and right now neighbour took him upstairs and when i went to see him he was playing she said he cried a bit but she ignored him she said i have to show him i am the boss, and i think he knows i am not and he get away with everything he also pick up on my stress i think he is not happy .Oh god cant stop crying is one of those days.
Steff trhankx again for your support everything you said made sense but i wasnt thinking straight .
Thankyou xx :hug:

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2011, 12:30:13 PM »
So glad Mister is out and safe and you can now breathe a big sigh of relief Pav.

I wouldn't worry about the garage, hopefully they will understand and if not, they can't really complain you didn't cause any damage or inconvenience or cost to them so they can't really complain. You replaced the lock and left their garage secure again but you had to get your baby out, I'm sure they will understand and if not, then they're idiots!
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #36 on: January 29, 2011, 12:24:56 PM »
Glad to hear MSG is home. Don't worry about the garage owner. And if its who I think it is tell her she needs to get a brain cell together with and another, rub them together and get a clue. The woman is an idiot.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #35 on: January 29, 2011, 10:06:35 AM »
Unless you know the person that uses this garage to be a nasty person Pav, please do not worry yourself over the weekend about how he/she will react. 

Most people would understand completely that you could not leave MSG in there for 3 days all for the sake of a replaced padlock. 

ETA And bear in mind garage user certainly wouldn't want his garage used as a cat toilet for 3 days!  Could there be a tom cat urine smell left behind? I doubt it as he was neutered 2 weeks ago at 5 months old.  Our Groucho never reached the stage of tomcat urine as he was neutered at 4 months but I don't know when the tom cat smells start  :evillaugh:  Anyway be prepared to offer garage user something like a simple solution spray to get rid of any odours left behind  :hug:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 10:25:56 AM by Rosella moggy »

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2011, 09:36:34 AM »
Glad he is out Pav  :hug:

I agree - A garage isn't like a house and you were doing it for the right reasons - especially after the police & RSPCA being so unhelpful. Legally it may be iffy but morally not at all  :hug: - I'm sure any sensible person would understand that. If however, they did get nasty, a cat is property and they had your property which you were entitled to get back  :P  :hug:
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 09:38:15 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #33 on: January 29, 2011, 09:22:10 AM »
Am so pleased to hear this Pav   :) :) :)

Your neighbour sounds a right git  >:(  Forgive me but he/she does.  I would fully understand if someone broke into my house to rescue their much loved pet, let alone just a garage. 

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2011, 09:18:11 AM »
Mister is out, my baby is ok. Dynorod just left they had to break the padlocks and replaced it. He is fine sitting here next to me.I have to get some sleep i stayed up all night and kept taking warm water for him.
My neighbour said i have done wrong by having some one lock removed and how would i like it if any one do the same to me? I cant think straight i am going to put a note on the garage and appologise and cover his cost i couldnt let him stay there over week end.
Thankyou every one , Mark thanks for the number . :hug: :hug:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2011, 09:00:32 AM »
Sorry I didn't see this last night sweetie, hope you've got the door open by now and are both safe and warm back home  :hug: :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2011, 08:28:50 AM »
Just a thought Pav but, in case MSG is a bit nervous following his ordeal, it might be useful to have a cat carrier with you to pop him in to stop him running off when garage door is opened  :hug:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2011, 08:01:51 AM »
Have everything crossed that MSG's adventure is over now or at least close to it and that you have an opportunity to rest today Pav.

I well remember the overwhelming relief when Millie finally came down from the roof.  She was soooo grounded.  Fingers and toes crossed Pav  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2011, 07:35:57 AM »
Sorry I missed your reply but I couldn't keep my eyes open last night. I hope by now the locksmith has been and Mister is safe & sound.  :hug:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2011, 07:16:12 AM »
He will be ok Pav honestly, its all just so much worse for you than it is for him. Try to get some rest otherwise you may not be up for when the locksmith comes in the morning *hug*

Spot on, I know how worried you are but he will be just fine and it may make him appreciate his comfy warm bed at home that little bit more  :hug:

Hope by the time you read this that he is out and tucked up in bed at home  :hug:

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2011, 01:48:39 AM »
Pav, many, many cats - even young kittens - are spending tonight outside with no shelter whatsoever.  ;) If you can get food under the door he will be fine!  :hug: :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2011, 01:41:04 AM »
Sending lots of good vibes and that Mr SG is out early tomorrow and back in your arms again  :hug: :hug:

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2011, 01:13:15 AM »
He will be ok Pav honestly, its all just so much worse for you than it is for him. Try to get some rest otherwise you may not be up for when the locksmith comes in the morning *hug*
Thankyou Steff, your reply means so much
After having cats for 45 years , one thinks that i ahave more sence .
Atleast i have stoped crying now and hope Dyno can get Mister out in the morning I am going to check him over night though,if he can sense me then he should feel safe.x Thankx

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2011, 00:50:15 AM »
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2011, 00:45:29 AM »
I know you must be upset Pav - but please be positive. He isn't lost or worse  :hug: - It may be uncomfortable but cats don't think the same way as us so it is probably worse for you than him.

Years ago I had to phone Dynorod to break into my flat around 4am when I lost my keys and was surprised that they didn't ask for ID.

One thing though, make sure you use a well-known company as there are a lot of rogues out there who will charge hundreds to do a simple job.

Try to get some sleep  :hug:

http://tinyurl.com/6ktzx8v I'm sure they are owned by British Gas - it says 24hr helpline.

They can probably pick the lock without causing any damage.
Mark Thankyou so much, i just called them and waiting for them to call me back. Bless you Thankx
I told them my oh locked my cat and he is away till Monday. Ijust had a call from them and they said they can come tomorrow morning i hope they can sort it, its going to be a long night for my lil man but do youthink i should keep going and check him as talk to him so he knows he is not aloane
I hate the thought of him being scared in dark oh god he must be so scared, i know he manage without food or water .Thankyou Markx

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2011, 00:12:59 AM »
Thanks Mary i have looked every corner no way in or out for my lil man and i know iys not eme
Pav sweetheart it is not your fault - cats will be cats and we can not keep them in if they want to go out.  We all know how curious they are and they like to explore everywhere.

Have you had a good look around all the garage to see if there are any bigger spaces where he could come out.  He might not be crying cos he's settled down.  At 5 months old he is stronger than you think.

Pav please stop torturing yourself.  They class it as not being an emergency because he is safe and not in a danggerous situation.  Yes you feel it's an emergency and so would we but they have to go by the rules and regs unfortunately.

Mary xx :hug: :hug: :hug:
[/quote
Pav sweetheart it is not your fault - cats will be cats and we can not keep them in if they want to go out.  We all know how curious they are and they like to explore everywhere.

Have you had a good look around all the garage to see if there are any bigger spaces where he could come out.  He might not be crying cos he's settled down.  At 5 months old he is stronger than you think.

Pav please stop torturing yourself.  They class it as not being an emergency because he is safe and not in a danggerous situation.  Yes you feel it's an emergency and so would we but they have to go by the rules and regs unfortunately.

Mary xx :hug: :hug: :hug:
Thanks Mary
Yes i have looked every corner but there is no way he can get in or out but the main door, i know is not an emergency and RCPSA has more important cases but i have been supporting them for last 20 plus years and i just cant go through tronight knowing my lil guy isw there scared and every one tells me he is going to be fine but we have to get through tonighwt and i am sorry if i sound so desperate i am just so scared and cant stoip crying i am always like this with my cats not with people though so sorry just scared to loose him.
I am going to go and find a bolt cutter from builders shop first thing in the morning and try to cut the locks, my neighbour says i shouldnt cos is some one property and how would i feel if some one break to my place cos their pet was locked in my home but i dont care i face what comes after i am happy to cover all damages

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2011, 00:09:42 AM »
I know you must be upset Pav - but please be positive. He isn't lost or worse  :hug: - It may be uncomfortable but cats don't think the same way as us so it is probably worse for you than him.

Years ago I had to phone Dynorod to break into my flat around 4am when I lost my keys and was surprised that they didn't ask for ID.

One thing though, make sure you use a well-known company as there are a lot of rogues out there who will charge hundreds to do a simple job.

Try to get some sleep  :hug:

http://tinyurl.com/6ktzx8v I'm sure they are owned by British Gas - it says 24hr helpline.

They can probably pick the lock without causing any damage.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 00:16:29 AM by Mark »

Link to CatChat