Author Topic: Silly but  (Read 1607 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Silly but
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2011, 10:59:42 AM »
 :evillaugh:

Willow was the same. She had a mousie that cam in a 'good girl' xmas stocking years ago. It was really manky & dirty. I bought another stocking just for the mouse (none of them would eat the horrible dried fish treats or the catnip biscuits and I hate the hard plastic balls that come in them) but all she did was pee on it so I binned it. I bought another and she ignored it. I found the old one under the sofa and she went back to carrying it around in her mouth - she used to walk up the stairs making growly noises when she had it in her mouth  :evillaugh: ) It disappeared again and only turned up after she died. It is now in a china box I keep her little things in. Another favourite that only turned up months after she was gone was a stretchy piece of silver elastic. She had it from when we first moved here 6 years ago. It was on a box of xmas cards and she managed to get it off the box - she never tired of it  :Luv2:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 10:43:29 AM »
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:
love
tab

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 10:42:00 AM »
Yup - mine are the same.  Jaffa has a mousie that is old and manky and I've tried to find replacements for the day when it finally gives up the ghost but none are acceptable.  It has to be this particular mousie.

Offline Ellen2010

• Distinguished Cat
  • Sophie 9/93 - 3/10/11 Play hard my little angel
  • Slave to: Timmy, Baby, Danita, Tia, Miffy and Domino
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 00:57:38 AM »
When I got one of my cats 12 years ago I bought a tinsel ball or that is what it looked  like.  I have bought many like it since then but no he will only entertain that first ball although it is all flat, as soon as he gets it he behaves like a kitten and will walk around with it in his mouth calling and then drop it at my feet for me to pick up and safe guard for him until next time.  I lost it in a move then when I was sorting my mums stuff out found it in one of her boxes and he had not seen it for six years and he was ecstatic that he got his favourite ball back.
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2011, 20:59:07 PM »
Bet that feather is real LOL.............my Sasa can sniff out a real feather from an artificail one and only real will do  :rofl:

I think many cats like one toy better than another.

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2011, 20:30:28 PM »
Well...my 3 aren't fussy lol...they will play with anything...even things that aren't meant to be toys...like my glasses!!
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
Silly but
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2011, 19:26:29 PM »
I very kindly gave my friend a toy for her new furry baby Dakota. Dakota loved it and totally destroyed it and as I had given it I was 'volunteered' to take Pat to buy another.
Now toy in question was actually from the auction last year and Amber wasnt impressed. So I dont know the make or anything. I do know it has a lovely long feather on it that Ive spent hours convincing Pat, who hates feathers, that its synthetic.
So we buy a toy and take it to Dakota and having got 3 similar toys this one she actually likes!!!!

I told my parents who have never had cats always dogs who were amazed that cats could like one toy but not the exact copy

Please tell me its not just my cats??

Link to CatChat