Author Topic: Beavis will NOT stop wailing!  (Read 2702 times)

Offline Skiddaw

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: The Munchkin and formerly to dear, departed Uncle M
Re: Beavis will NOT stop wailing!
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2011, 14:39:25 PM »
Kirst, our Uncle M used to do that and he didn't even have the excuse of being a Birman! His 'toilet trick' we used to call it. When he was young I lived in a shared house, the loo door of which would't shut properly. Oh, the hours of fun he had! It was especially good with unsuspecting visitors.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 14:16:31 PM »
Its a bloomin birman thing and Franta is driving me up the wall at present..................I worry when he is too quiet and get stressed when he is shoiuting non-stop..................if only it was a mew LOL.

He doesnt know how to mew tunless you count WAILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL   Napoleon  Wailllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll NAPOLEONNNNNNNNNNNN wailllll Napoleon waill  waill wail wa wa.........silence

Offline Ellen2010

• Distinguished Cat
  • Sophie 9/93 - 3/10/11 Play hard my little angel
  • Slave to: Timmy, Baby, Danita, Tia, Miffy and Domino
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 13:58:48 PM »
Not just pedigrees who do the talking - in outr case Minmin Raggie is vocal but so are the clan moggies and ferals - Blue mr nasty feral now yowls at me for cat milk just in case I have forgotton to top up the family room bowl he then has to walk to the kitchen :rofl:

Now the dogs have satarted talking to especially when Sky is being given in to trouble for opening doors in his haste to go out and play ball :shocked:

I can hold a perfect converdation and one of the darling s will answer in the right place :rofl:

Oh I used to have a cat that did that and would if anyone phoned and I was talking would sit with her mouth near the mouth piece and meow down it at all the right places.  Those that knew me and my cats well would always say Hello Tasha when she did this and she would answer back which at times was funny and she had done it from being a kitten.  Sadly lost her 2 years ago come the 22nd January due to her kidneys suddenly failing the first signs was she refused food and as this was not her took her straight to the vets that run blood tests which came back complete renal failure, bear in mind this cat was eating normally the day before and playing normally and was basically overnight her kidneys failed on her.
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Offline Owned_By_Napkin

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Napkin
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2011, 22:08:02 PM »
We often have howling competitons with Beavis =..................we haven't won yet! :tired:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I dare say you never will!

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2011, 17:52:49 PM »
We often have howling competitons with Beavis =..................we haven't won yet! :tired:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2011, 11:20:02 AM »
Not just pedigrees who do the talking - in outr case Minmin Raggie is vocal but so are the clan moggies and ferals - Blue mr nasty feral now yowls at me for cat milk just in case I have forgotton to top up the family room bowl he then has to walk to the kitchen :rofl:

Now the dogs have satarted talking to especially when Sky is being given in to trouble for opening doors in his haste to go out and play ball :shocked:

I can hold a perfect converdation and one of the darling s will answer in the right place :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Owned_By_Napkin

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Napkin
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2011, 01:46:34 AM »
My Napkin is the same way... drives me bonkers sometimes going from room to room MWROR! MWROR! MWROR! at the top of her lungs (which is quite loud) She was taken to the vet for this ages ago, when she was a kitten, and we were told that that's just how she is. We've tried various things to quiet her, nothing works... not even pointing the TV remote at her and pushing the volume down helps!

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2011, 16:03:47 PM »
Think yourself lucky - My bridge birmen Oscar used to let himslkef into the loo , wait till you were *engaged* and then try to nip ANY exposed floesh he could find! :Crazy:

:evillaugh: :evillaugh:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2011, 11:59:04 AM »
Birmans !!

I get scared now every time he licks cos most times it ends up in a bite and when I try to stop him licking he thinks I am playing ...........maybe!  and it makes him more determined to get a chunk if me!

Ducha is also a nipper and he uses it if he doesnt get his own way or you have made him annoyed in some way.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2011, 11:50:18 AM »
Think yourself lucky - My bridge birmen Oscar used to let himslkef into the loo , wait till you were *engaged* and then try to nip ANY exposed floesh he could find! :Crazy:

Beavis is more partial to toes - Bare feet are a bad idea in my house! :evillaugh:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 11:46:21 AM »
Well Franta was being cuddled and has just bitten my chin again for no reason at all...............and I am not amused!

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 11:31:55 AM »
He is as quiet as a mouse today..........................I have a feeling he wanted me to make it stop raining! :shify:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 07:57:14 AM »
Mosi is a noisy so and so too as well as having demanding feeding time rituals.  This morning he ate about a third and then wandered away knowing full well I'd follow after him with the bowl (because I don't want Jaffa eating his food - hi life and some biccies not a good combo for senior cats).  So I ended up feeding him the rest on top of a bookshelf.  he wolfed it down in a couple of minutes.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 00:11:47 AM »
I am afraid Franta and Ducha are doing this too and I just dose off to sleep which is hard for me at best of times, and then Franta starts.

He has just eaten and he will be sitting by the side of the bed.........sigh

I too wish I spoke birman

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 23:44:12 PM »
At least Beavis makes up for it with his beauty  :naughty:

I feel your pain, Riley has the moaniest wail in the world and it does my head in sometimes!  :tired:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 22:08:16 PM »
If you are at all concerned about this then would advise that you took him to the vet or if it is totally out of character is best to get it checked out.

Oh its totally IN Character - he's a Birman , who are renowned for shouting. There is nowt wrong with him , he is just  , shall we say , 'High Maintenance'

His latest foible is demanding dinner , eating three mouthfulls , then wandering off and 20 minutes later shouting for more food. Unfortunatley he has yet to realize that with four other cats about his chances of any dinner being left are few so we now have to feed him a third of a pouch at a time. He still refused to eat anywhere but in a bed - he chooses which one! :tired:

He is still my fluffy little fairy-cat tho! :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 21:28:23 PM »
I so wish I spoke cat so I knew how to tell him to shut up! :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

Are you sure you'd want to know what he was saying?!!!  lol! :evillaugh:

Offline Ellen2010

• Distinguished Cat
  • Sophie 9/93 - 3/10/11 Play hard my little angel
  • Slave to: Timmy, Baby, Danita, Tia, Miffy and Domino
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 20:36:07 PM »
I so wish I spoke cat so I knew how to tell him to shut up! :evillaugh: :evillaugh:

If you are at all concerned about this then would advise that you took him to the vet or if it is totally out of character is best to get it checked out.
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
Beavis will NOT stop wailing!
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 18:59:32 PM »

Link to CatChat