Author Topic: How to drive your cat insane (without really trying ...)  (Read 2488 times)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
Re: How to drive your cat insane (without really trying ...)
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 19:36:41 PM »
Am planning on cutting a hatch in the floor in the loungeroom. I also need to get under the house, but this seems a slightly less complicated way of getting there. The piers supporting the loungeroom floor have collapsed at some distant time in the past so at present it works like a trampoline. Once the hatch is cut, the cats will be given controlled access to the underfloor from time to time for pest management (at which they are both very good).

Offline Elanor3

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Indie, Ember, Fig
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 15:19:18 PM »
Clearly you have to put the gaps back..... :evillaugh:

I agree!! It will take a  lot of tuna to right you oversight  ;)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011, 09:38:51 AM »
Glad your girl's OK, BC. :hug:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: January 14, 2011, 05:30:31 AM »
I would have been happier if she had not had post-anaesthetic manic outburst all last night, preventing me from getting a well-earned sleep, lol. Still, she is safe and well and indoors once again due to the rain that continues despite forecasts for clearing showers today ...

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2011, 09:43:56 AM »
Glad all's well with Esther now  :hug:.  I know we say it all the time but wouldn't it be fab if they we could communicate better. 

Glad her mouth trouble is sorted now Jo and well done for getting on to it so quickly.

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 08:59:18 AM »
No so much a payout, rather a cry for help. It seems she had managed to loosen one of her front canines. So a trip down to Hobart for the vet (our local vet closed just before Christmas), an anaesthetic, tooth extraction, long acting antibiotic and she is back purring so loudly it is deafening. She was particularly pleased with the soft and very fancy food she had on her return.

Oddly enough, the surgery cost more than it cost me to have one of my own teeth out recently. But it was a huge relief as they had originally diagnosed a traumatically dislocated jaw, so I was having rather dark thoughts about my nutty neighbour. But all's well that ends well and she is home safe now.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2011, 15:38:07 PM »
Aaaw bless  :Luv2: :hug: :Luv:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2011, 05:16:52 AM »
She is still paying out on me. Today, at the beginning of the day she was sitting with her tongue out staring at me. I thought 'how cute' then noticed she was also dribbling. Close inspection of her mouth revealed no foreign objects but resulted in her total disappearance. Was worried in case she had been poisoned or similar, but Wayne (the builder) tells me she was sitting at the back door about an hour ago but did not come in. Odd, given it is wet and miserable out there, and I have the fire going.

In the mean time, site supervisor Shadow, covered in sawdust and rain, decided to do his best to pretend he was Esther so curled up in the cat bed in the loungeroom to see if that worked for me. He seems to have taken a major liking to it so I have had to encourage him to move onto his own bed in case she comes home  once more ...

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2011, 00:56:35 AM »
Oh, dear! Poor thing! She doesn't understand what's happened to all her "cool places"!!!

I wonder how right you are cos Jo is in Tasmania, dont know if you knew that  ;D

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 23:57:53 PM »
Oh Jo, you will have to buy something from the hardware shop that has bricks and holes in it for her to play with  :rofl:

You could build a wall out of lego for her  ;)  :naughty:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 22:46:38 PM »
Clearly you have to put the gaps back..... :evillaugh:

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Owned_By_Napkin

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Napkin
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2011, 22:37:02 PM »
Oh, dear! Poor thing! She doesn't understand what's happened to all her "cool places"!!!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 17:57:10 PM »
Poor Esther, she probably thinks she's losing her marbles  :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2011, 14:42:05 PM »
Oh my goodness how cruel  :innocent:

I hoe she will forgive you when the house is all finished and she is snug for the winter  ;D

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2011, 09:30:49 AM »
Awwww bless her, you meany meowmy  :evillaugh:

I'm sure she'll understand that you have to works to the house though, and shall be forgiven in no time  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline blackcat

• Purrrrrfect Cat
How to drive your cat insane (without really trying ...)
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2011, 08:25:52 AM »
Poor Esther is distraught! For the last year and a half she has been free to come and go under the house to her heart's content. First, there was a hole in the floor for her to go through (not to mention all the holes in the wall), and then, when the weatherboards were removed to run the wiring, there was this lovely long rectangular gap she could come and go through to her heart's content.

But the big bad meany mother that I am has come to the point in the renovations where the last of these inviting gaps was finally closed yesterday afternoon. First there was the insulation batts, then the layer of insulation foil which was attached all the way along the side wall. Esther popped in to visit during the work and wandered along the wall looking for an opening. But it wasn't there!!! :shocked:

This morning, clearly hoping things had improved, she worked her way along the wall again. And again. She even tried poking her nose through the side of the concrete slab at the back where the extension was added. She poked her paws between the stones. She eased her nose up under the insulation foil. All in vain.

So she spent the rest of the day on the bed sulking. I seriously doubt I am forgiven even now .... :-[

Link to CatChat