Author Topic: Female FIV+ cat looking for home  (Read 2524 times)

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
Re: Female FIV+ cat looking for home
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2011, 19:06:11 PM »
Had a look to see if any update on this little girlie:

She's been taken on by our local RSPCA centre (who are FANTASTIC and I cannot sing their praises enough!!), they'll keep her as long as needs be til she can find a special indoors forever home.

So can only assume she was confirmed as FIV+ (special indoor home needed) so now sorted as now in rescue?.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2011, 17:51:11 PM »
FoalFarm also take FIV

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2011, 17:24:32 PM »
Thanks for moving this post.

When I have a bit of time I'll join that forum or ask my friend who's a member to post on there to suggest a couple of places -
thanks for that info Mark. there's a few that direction that are FIV friendly.

When she mentioned it to me I thought it was local to us but North London is a long way away! (I'm in Wigan). I did do a 500 mile round trip for dog no 3 but like I say, another cat is not an option financially at the minute at all. Not checked on the forum today but looks like Edd has so am assuming no further news. Hopefully she'll be sorted and safe...

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2011, 21:53:39 PM »
Found the post you are mentioned on the other forum.  As you say,  the female cat was dumped in a unlocked carrier outside a vets in North London a few days ago.  >:(

The in-house test showed FIV+ and they have sent the bloods away to be checked in case of in-house false positives. Also could not open the picture - assume you need to be a member but from the posts and the OP she is apparently a little sweetie.

As she will be looking for a home - would it be worth also putting under Cats Needing homes Section  :hug:
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 00:34:46 AM by Edd »

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2011, 21:00:18 PM »
Which area Sue?

You are in Kent aren't you?

Have you tried Rhodes Minnis cat sanctuary - they have an FIV enclosure - they do rehome from it as well so they aren't stuck there forever.

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
Female FIV+ cat looking for home
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2011, 16:34:44 PM »
This might not be the right place to put this but....

A colleague came to ask me today if I could take on another cat (sadly answer is no due to poorly and very expensive dog)

The info is on petforums under cat chat section and thread is called what is wrong with people.

I've been unable to open the photo but she sounds like a little sweetie - was dumped at vets and has tested positive.

I'm never sure if we're allowed to put links to other forums on but wanted to put something on just in case someone passes by
and is lookign for a littl girl  :Luv:

Put a note on cat chat forum too.

x

Link to CatChat