Author Topic: Greetings From The USA  (Read 2479 times)

Offline Owned_By_Napkin

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Napkin
Re: Greetings From The USA
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2011, 22:38:39 PM »
well, Napkin is certainly unique! :)

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2011, 17:56:01 PM »
welcome to the forum, Napkin sounds like something out of supernatural  :rofl:

i have 2 tabby cats, one eyed Lucie and the newcomer miss pussy as well as the rest of the gang :)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2011, 11:22:39 AM »
 ;D  :welcome: to Purrs
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Owned_By_Napkin

• Adult Cat
« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2011, 02:15:53 AM »
Photo has been posted down in the appropriate forum :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2011, 23:16:54 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

I am very sorry but think I have the worlds prettiest kitten  :rofl: :rofl:

Ssadly she is leaving me for a fab new home tomorrow.

She has a story too cos she walked in to my house out of the snow two days before Christmas, all thin with iceblocks in her tail but she is so gorgeous and 4 months old  ;D ;D

Show Miss Napkin please  ;D

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2011, 22:16:58 PM »
Welcome to Purrs! We definitely need a photo of Napkin.... ;)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Owned_By_Napkin

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 21:50:34 PM »
As long as you agree (to Napkin's face) that she is THE WORLD'S MOST PRETTIEST KITTY you'll be fine. It's the ex-model thing... they never quite get over it!

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 21:38:30 PM »
Eeek!  Youve been here 5 minutes and already I'm threatened with death by cat !  Well I could think of worse ways to go  :rofl:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2011, 21:39:07 PM by Wibblechick »
People Power Works!!!

Offline Owned_By_Napkin

• Adult Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 21:30:11 PM »
Yes, now the "cat is out of the bag"... they all know who to blame for me being here!  ;)  :evillaugh:

I will post some photos of Napkin later... after giving everyone fair warning that they are about to gaze upon the WORLD'S MOST PRETTIEST CAT! (Family joke... it will make sense as I share more about her but in her younger days she was QUITE the hunter. Aaron told me one day of coming outside to find this tiny kitten growling and dragging a RABBIT twice it's size under the house. He said he didn't want to know what Napkin did with the bunny but I assured him she was just having the bunny over for a tea party.) So long story short, Napkin legend goes that SHE has decided SHE is the WORLD'S MOST PRETTIEST CAT and if you disagree with her... she will murder you in your sleep.  ;D

Offline Wibblechick

• Royal Cat
  • Mr T and Chloe - We will meet again at the Bridge
  • Slave to: Celyn and Olwyn
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 21:13:40 PM »
 :welcome:

YAY !! You made it !   :wow:

Now where's a picture of that Miss Napkin ?   We ALL need to see how gorgeous she is :evillaugh:
People Power Works!!!

Offline Owned_By_Napkin

• Adult Cat
Greetings From The USA
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 21:11:42 PM »
Hi there! I was referred to your fine community by a friend who shares my love for fur-covered bundles of love known as cats. :)

I've had cats all my life... when I was younger and we lived in apartments we were a magnet for strays that would always manage to somehow become part of the group. (We had 13 at one time...  :Crazy: )

Currently I have one little darling, Napkin. She is rather unique, as you'll find as I share more about her. She was an orphaned kitty... my friends Aaron and John had a house up in the boonies in the mountains of California. (Up around the 7000ft elevation, VERY remote) There were of course a few feral cats roaming around and they would put food out for them. One day they noticed one of the kitties was expecting. After the normal period she gave birth... if there was a litter we don't know as they only ever saw ONE kitten. After a few days Aaron went outside and saw something awful, Momma cat had met her end at the nahds of an animal... coyote, raccoon, or something.

Knowing there was a now motherless kitten roaming around, the search was on. Finally, peeking under the porch he saw two little eyes staring back. Of course, the kitty would NOT come from under the house, so finally it was decided to "encourage" her to come out... with the help of the garden hose. The kitties bruised feelings were soothed with some chicken from the fridge, and since she was only a week or so old she was young enough to be domesticated. Fast forward 15 years and she's still here with no signs of slowing down. It's the family joke that she will outlive all of us. :)

Link to CatChat