Author Topic: 2 lovely long haired cats need rehoming - colchester (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 3782 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: 2 lovely long haired cats need rehoming - colchester (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 07:22:25 AM »
As there have been no updates will move this to sorted now.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: 2 lovely long haired cats need rehoming - colchester
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2011, 08:00:15 AM »
Any news please?

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2011, 16:05:04 PM »
Ihope you asked the landlord about your lovely cats living with you?

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2011, 20:10:59 PM »
Most properties will be adverised as 'no pets' because its in the standard contract but as others have said, many relax that rule if you fit their rewuirements in all other ways.  At the end of the day a landlord wants a tenant in his/her property because an empty property is costing money.  Usually they will insist on any damage caused by the pet being made good when you leave.  It can't hurt to ask and you may be pleasantly surprised but it makes sense to have a plan B in case you come up against a pet-hater.  Good luck.

Your cats are gorgeous btw.  :Luv2:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2011, 19:59:28 PM »
So soryy you're having to rehome your cats they are both beauties.  Have you contacted any rescues in the area? http://www.catchat.org/adoption/essex.html

I don't rent so I have no idea how easy it is to find a landlord who will accept pets but as others have posted it does seem many landlords will.
Best of luck.

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2011, 19:01:13 PM »
Def agree with FC and as a landlord I have always said that a cat or two would not be a problem at my property. There are some understanding landlords out there. So might as for an additional deposit or even offer that if it helps persuade them :D
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 18:58:59 PM »
I rent as do many Purrs members and having worked in the lettings industry myself I can assure you there are landlords who will take pets, even if the property is advertised otherwise. In fact, I lived in London, notoriously one of the most difficult areas of the country to rent with pets and I found 3 places that would let me take my two in my time there.

It would be so sad to rehome these two, if you could even find someone in time (it's very tough to find homes for any cat at the moment) when with a little owrk and persistence you could keep them with the humans they love :shy:

Offline barry1903

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Tigger & Sully
2 lovely long haired cats need rehoming - colchester (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 18:50:37 PM »
We have two lovely long haired male cats to be re-homed. We are having to sell our house and can not afford to buy again so are going to have to rent. Unfortunately all rental properties in our area do not allow pets.
The first cat is called Sully, he is 8 years old and is a long haired black and white Tom.
The second cat is called Tigger, he is 3 years old and is a long haired Ginger Tom.
Both cats are quite big and are very friendly and are used to children. They are both chipped, wormed and de flead regularly.
We would like them to go to a loving home as they will be leaving a home where they are very much loved.

« Last Edit: December 19, 2011, 07:22:14 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat