Author Topic: FOUND IN KENT - unneutered male gray/black tabby. Unusual deep voice!  (Read 6557 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: FOUND IN KENT - unneutered male gray/black tabby. Unusual deep voice!
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2011, 16:06:43 PM »
Excellent news I hope he will be happy in his new home xxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2011, 14:58:25 PM »
lovely - that sure is my sort of happy ending  :Luv:

well done you for bringing cat and slaves together
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2011, 13:53:53 PM »
Wonderful  ;D

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Cash, Izzy and Scruffycat the stray.
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2011, 13:50:28 PM »
A final happy note on the beautiful stray Tomcat.... nobody came forward and he is now neutered and being happily spoilt and adored in his new home!

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 19:15:54 PM »
Not sure but hopefully if he is being homed from a vets, he will be getting a good home. It is amazing how many people don't have the nous (sp?) to make enquiries when their cat goes missing. A few months ago, we (my partner & I) were going to adopt a cat that had been in foster care for 2 months. He had been in for so long that Sharon (our homing officer) asked other CP branches to advertise him on their websites. The day after we agreed to take him, the owner turned up - they knew it was the owner as they confirmed his limp was caused by a broken femur a couple of years ago.

If you really aren't happy, unless you signed him over, I'm sure you are entitled to have him back? - although they are probably entitled to bill you  :scared:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2011, 18:56:27 PM »

Does anybody think I am being paranoid?  I spoke to  the vets today about picking up Tomcat as he has been there for a week & nobody has claimed him & the story from them now is that one of the nurses "recognises" the cat but the owner isn't back from holiday until after weekend.  I feel quite suspicious.... not even sure I believe them.  Why hasn't this owner made an effort to find him over last 4 weeks & how will I know that its the real owner.....  Am pretty convinced somebody has taken a fancy to him & they are stringing me a line so that I can't have him back..... I really wish I had never taken him to the vet as they have made me feel impotent now....   or do you think I am mentally ill & maybe I need to start taking my tablets again!!!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 10:25:05 AM »
Great that he has found a good home  :) - By the sounds of it, the old owners won't be making a great effort. I have contacted Phil, our L&F coordinator and he is holding fire.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 20:02:17 PM »
That's good news if the owner can't be traced and well done for all the effort you're putting in  :)
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 18:09:18 PM »
Thats really great, well done  :hug:

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 18:07:59 PM »
Happy news on the Tomcat front.  I have found him a nice setlled home if nobody comes forward. 

Since his owners didn't neuter or chip him and have made very little effort to find him over the last month as far as I can tell I don't really know if they deserve him anyway but that's just my opinion...  I have contacted so many organisations and advertised on as many websites and other places as I can so I feel quite satisfied that I have made every effort to find his owner over the last two weeks.

So, it's a lovely family home in a cul-de-sac backing onto woodland with a young daughter who wants a cuddly cat (and he is certainly that) for our gorgeous Tomcat once we have had him chipped, neutered & vaccinated... A happy ending to see the old year out.

Thank you for your posts, it felt nice to know that people cared!

Jo
« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 18:08:55 PM by jo.austin2010 »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 22:28:10 PM »
Have you contacted local vets?

Ash is a bit out of our patch - my geography is terrible - I think Folkestone branch might be nearer? (probably half way between the two) - Anyway, I will copy the photo and forward to our lost & found. Is there any chance you could get a vet to scan him in case he has a chip?

I'm guessing anyone that doesn't neuter isn't too bothered about their animals.

« Last Edit: December 30, 2010, 22:36:16 PM by Mark »

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 20:28:36 PM »
Isn't he stunning? He has a gorgeous character too.  I have called everybody I can think of to try to find his owner.  I am not giving up on him.  When the vets took him away yesterday I cried my eyes out in the waiting room but they assure me it is just procedure and if nobody comes forward I can take him back. I would love to keep him but I have indoor cats and I don't want him to be cooped up after an outdoor life. He seemed very happy in my garage though so I will hang onto to him until I find somewhere perfect.  I had a chap interested in him today but he lives in Edinburgh so not very practical.  Thank you for your interest, I am sure I will find something for him.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 20:00:24 PM »
what a lovely boy, we have a few members here from Canterbury cat protection have you contacted them to see if they have any on the missing list - thanks for caring for him

Offline maddercow

• Hero Cat
FOUND IN KENT - unneutered male gray/black tabby. Unusual deep voice!
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 19:38:22 PM »
Beautiful grey/black tabby boy cat found early December in Ash, near Sandwich, Kent.  Youngish intact male. No visible white on him but when you part hair he is white near skin.  Amber eyes. Scar under chin. VERY friendly and cuddly. Distinctive deep raspy voice and quite vocal.  He has been living in my garage for a couple of weeks but vets now have him for a week in case anybody comes forward.  If not I will take him on until I either hear from owner or find him a better home.  If he is yours please contact me.

Link to CatChat