Author Topic: Please help my 2 cats- about to be made homeless!!!! (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 2319 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
As there's been no updates will presume this has been sorted and move.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Please help my 2 cats- about to be made homeless!!!!
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2011, 22:44:39 PM »
Any update please?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, 16:22:26 PM »
Looking at the college address, it is North Staffs. I agree re the rescue you got them from should be abl to help. Any other rescue worth its salt should make them high priority. Could you put them in a cattery short term. Once the new year is in, I would imagine a lot of catteries have a quiet period and would probably do a deal.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, 16:16:52 PM »
Very valid point - contact the rescue immediately. They would more than likely under the circumstances try and make space.

A location is also very much necessary. Can I ask how long you've been trying to find your boys somewhere?

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2010, 13:46:40 PM »
What area are you in?

Have you contacted the rescue you got them from, most, if not all have a policy to take back any cat they have adopted out should it not work out for whatever reason.

When did you get them, the rescue should have had them vaccinated before adopting out, I don't know of any that don't.

Hopefully someone with more advice will be along shortly.

Offline littlevoices

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Shakespeare and Sam Hathaway
Please help my 2 cats- about to be made homeless!!!! (Uknown Outcome)
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2010, 13:34:54 PM »
I am being evicted from my property, I have to hand the keys back on December 31st at the very latest. I have found somewhere else to live, but my poor cats are about to be made homeless too! I can't take them with me, and I've tried private advertising and calling every shelter and rescue centre in the area with no luck at all.

Please can somebody help? They're both boys, about 4 years old (I got them from a rescue centre.) Both neutered, flead and wormed, microchipped and completely house trained. I don't think they are vaccinated, but I can help pay for the cost of having them done.

Shakespeare is a domestic long hair, medium build, very fluffy and proud looking with dark black fur. He will give you lots of headbutts and is ususally very affectionate, but like everybody there are times when he just wants his own space, and he'll just toddle off and sleep in a corner on his own for a while until he's hunrgy or wants fussing again.

Sam Hathaway is a domestic short hair, black and white and looks like Felix. He's very shy at first, but once he gets to know you he becomes so playful. He will chase his own tail for hours on end, loves jumping into carrier bags and scratching around, and has his own set of marbles that he likes chasing around the living room.

I don't want to get rid of them, but my circumstances have changed and I have no choice. I just want to know that they are going to be loved and looked after, please can someone help? Contact me through this site, or email me- hilittlevoices@hotmail.com or lucy.pointon@nulc.ac.uk, call me on 07845277762. Please help, I only have until New Years!!!!!! Photos available on request.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 06:56:58 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat