Author Topic: BAD BREEDERS  (Read 4365 times)

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Re: BAD BREEDERS
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2010, 15:19:46 PM »
The Corona virus can mutate to FIP in a carrier if their routine is upset and having kittens can cause this - I lost a Mum and 3 kittens to FIP and have the remaining kitten who is a Corona carrier and her routine is set

Raggie forums I belong to will advise against breeding from a Corona carrier as the titres may decrease but she will always be a carrier - I have a rescue ragdoll
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2010, 11:20:06 AM »
The US forum I use have a lot of breeders, but if you have bought a breeding queen just to have one litter, it isn't fair on the cat, as you can't let her have too many unbred heats without risking her life, and I am surprised a breeder would sell you a cat. If you wanted to experience bringing life into the world, you would have been better to foster.
Please spay your cat

Offline emma123456

• Kitten
  • Slave to: koby theo roxy
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2010, 15:49:15 PM »
Hi, Thankyou, I will try that then. Emma

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2010, 15:45:35 PM »
I agree, of course you are welcome but you may get more useful feedback from breeders (which in the main we aren't) I know there is a bengal forum (I've got a bengal) so I
imagine there must be similar for raggies?

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #14 on: December 22, 2010, 15:42:11 PM »
No offense was taken, and of course you are welcome on the website, I did not mean to make it sound like you are not welcome here.
As Susanne mentioned earlier there are Ragdoll websites, where you might be able to get some more advice or warn people about the breeder in the hopes it does not happen to someone else?
 :)
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Offline emma123456

• Kitten
« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2010, 15:38:24 PM »
Hi, No there is no risk to the kittens as long as the correct proceeders are upheld. I am in the same mind set as you and many others about the welfare of cats/kittens that are in need of good loving homes. We had one set of kittens and all had homes to go to in advance so it wasnt a problem. My arguement is with the breeders like the one I unfortunalty came across that have no thought for either the cats or the owners welfare. It sickens me that this sort of conduct continues to go on without proper govening bodies protecting everyone involved. My comments were not ment to offend anyone just to make them aware of my findings. Do you know of website that I should use rather than this one to air my thoughts...? Thanks Emma

Offline JenGeorgieBob

• Auction Staff
  • Super Cat
  • Slave to: Billy and Zarny (Benji, Fred and Ginger, gone but not forgotten)
« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 15:28:29 PM »
welcome to the site, sorry it is under such a sad time,
what I think Feline Costumier means is that because this is a website geared towards rescue cats that we all read about and see the massive number of kittens and abandoned/unwanted cats that are out there. We all hear about the struggles of the amazing people who dedicate their lives to trying to help the situation and re-home these cats, but they have their own lives and own problems to deal with too and they are all really struggling at the moment.
There are just too many kittens being born and too many cats being dumped whilst at the same time less and less money is being given to the charities that try to solve the situation, if you stay on here and read a few of the rescue threads you will find it really is heartbreaking the amount of cats and kittens who cannot find a home and how many rescues are fit to bursting with beautiful cats who are in desperate need of homes.
It is for this reason nobody on this website would recommend breeding, especially from a queen who could possibly have health problems. (I am not knowledgeable on cat illnesses but would it breeding from her still have risks?)
This is not meant to offend in any way, it is just how a lot of people on here feel :)
...pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again...

Offline emma123456

• Kitten
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2010, 15:17:46 PM »
Hi, no she didnt die from the corona virus she was carrying it. The queen died due to kidney problems and she also had infections. Really me breeding from her was the problem. She should never have been sold as a queen. My new queen does have antibodies to the corna virus showing in her blood which does not mean you cant breed from her it means that I will have to make sure her levels go back to zero and find her a corona free mate.  All in all a nightmare but we are battling through it and learning alot. Thanks... Emma

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2010, 13:14:20 PM »
To be honest Emma, I don't think you should be breeding at all in this way.

Your vet should also have advised you not to bring any more animals into your home so soon after having a cat infected and die from the virus.

You should now get her spayed, there's already plenty enough kittens desperate for a home without you adding to them.

I don't mean to be harsh, we just see so much of the sadness surrounding over breeding and rescue on this forum.

Offline emma123456

• Kitten
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2010, 13:11:18 PM »
Hi, thanks again for your comments, I just feel like there is no justice with this sort of problem. It has broken my heart with all the things that have happened.  I was silly to buy from her in the first place but after having pedigree cats for a number of years and moggies all my life I only wanted to have a breedeing queen so I could have a litter of my own. Since my bad time with that breeder I did manage to meet some lovely ones and bought a heathy girl, but she too is no infected with corona that the other queen was carrying.... If only I had known more this sort of thing would not happen and animals would suffer less. Emma

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2010, 12:14:28 PM »
If you haven't already joined, it might be worth you joining a ragdoll club (I think there are few?  I know of the progressive ragdoll club and I think there's another one too).  As Yvonne mentioned, Kelly Joy might know a bit more.  Decent ragdoll breeders won't be happy about someone like this selling breeding cats and might be able to advise you.

Offline emma123456

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 11:19:38 AM »
Hi, Thankyou for all your comments. Yes both cats are registerd with the GCCF. I managed to return the second sickly cat she sold to me, minus money she withheld but the first cat had many infections that infecteted all my other cats and had to be put down also suffering with renal problems. She sold her to me saying that she had been mistreated by a previous owner and that she would be fine with tlc. After selling me two sickly cats I knew that she had done it knowingly and have heard of other people she had also done it to. This cat should never have been sold as breeding stock and I feel she died because we breed from her. I have complained to the GCCF but I hear that not much is done. The breeder has now relocated to cumbria and I have written to her asking for a refund, so will let you know the outcome. Thanks again. Emma

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2010, 18:33:13 PM »
Sorry to hear about your loss.  :(

I hear Trading Standards is also a good place to try.  ;)

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #5 on: December 21, 2010, 17:20:12 PM »
Hello Emma and   :welcome:  to Purrs

Sorry that you have had such a bad experience, we have a member on here Kelly-Joy who rescues Ragdolls and I feel sure could point you in the right direction.  I don't know with you being a new member whether you can send a personal message but hopefully Kelly will see this thread and respond. 

Do you know what was the matter with the cat that died?
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2010, 13:49:51 PM »
Presumably you have the pedigree papers for both and that will have her registration number and that of both cats to report.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 13:29:26 PM »
I'm sorry you've had a bad experience.  Unfortunately there are no regulations surrounding breeding, just voluntary guidelines.  Assuming the breeder registers her cats, then the appropriate registering body is the place to complain to.  They might not be able to do anything but it's always worth getting a complaint in anyway so that it's on record should anyone else make a complaint.  If it's GCCF then here is the link re complaining

http://www.gccfcats.org/pdf/complaints.pdf

If the breeder a member of any ragdoll club, I would complain to them also.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 13:12:15 PM »
was she registered? if so gccf or tica as applicable - this is actually a rescue and rehoming site so you won't find much info on breeding here sorry

Offline emma123456

• Kitten
BAD BREEDERS
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 12:58:57 PM »
Hi, I am new to this site and have had a terrible time with a Ragdoll breeder in Yorkshire. She sold me two breeding queens both of which were ill and one died, Where can I go to complain or post comments so no one else has the same treatment. Any help appreciated... Emma

Link to CatChat