Author Topic: Its now a waiting game!  (Read 5995 times)

Offline Meowal

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Alan RIP
Re: Its now a waiting game!
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2010, 17:06:02 PM »
Oh ladies, i think im 12 hours too late!  The RSPCA rang today and have a cat for us, we have already had a home check with them etc... im soo soo sorry, i cant believe. I hope this little girl is sorted soon.  Please keep us posted x

Offline Shirley

• Hero Cat
  • My Ollie
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2010, 13:04:14 PM »
Sharon, fingers and paws crossed here!   :Luv2:

Offline cookielady

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2010, 11:33:46 AM »
Hi :)

I am that person that postd about Lucy on CC. Where are you based? we are in Crewe :) feel free to message me your details if you would rather than post them.

Lucy is far from being feral she is right now very very thin, very scared and not very trusting HOWEVER considering she has been roughing it for so long yesterday I lifted her out the trap held her in my arms and stroked her with no struggle fuss hissing or spitting.

She needs alot of time and alot of love and help to readjust, indoor cat for her for at least 3-6months to adjust to her new home care and attention she will be just fine.

I have her sister Millie and if you want to come and see her to see what kind of cat she could be your more than welcome :)

I am collectiong her hopefully tomorrow, from then I have no idea what will become of her.

I also understand that if this is too much of an ask to bring her out her shell and you want something already bombproof, that you decide not to take her :)

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 10:33:01 AM »
  it's such a coincidence, the very same area, that it must be meant, surely
« Last Edit: December 15, 2010, 10:47:49 AM by trigger, Reason: remove smiley »
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 10:07:02 AM »
yes I did!  thanks Edd

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 10:06:09 AM »
there is a cat on cat chat in that area that is going to be released as a feral because of no room (although apparently not a feral) which is looking for a home very quickly

If you mean Lucy - have now crossposted on Purrs - in the urgent section
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,35840.msg637927.html#msg637927

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 09:46:08 AM »
there is a cat on cat chat in that area that is going to be released as a feral because of no room (although apparently not a feral) which is looking for a home very quickly

Offline Meowal

• Kitten
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 21:46:55 PM »
Thanks, any advise would help, though i dont mind what type he or she is. Hopefully we can offer a home soon x

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 21:40:29 PM »
We have a few persian owners on Purrs, Gillian(ambercat) anf Bunglycat come to mind and am sure they can advise  ;D

Offline Meowal

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 21:32:48 PM »
Thanks for replying, i am south cheshire/ north staffs border.  Its not that we live by a busy road or anything - Alan used to go out to the loo, sniff around and would come back in which suited him and us, as i do work (school hours) so i liked knowing he was in,warm and safe .  I have only ever known that really.  I think i may panic a bit if he or she didnt come back so a cat who likes staying close would be better!  My friend suggested a Persian may suit as they are very chilled and dont go far, but i dont know?  I wondered if Al was cross persian, he had a lovely long coat and little legs, huge paws!.  We do have cats next door, 4 of them, and they all use our garden as a cut through, Alan didnt seem to mind?!?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2010, 21:06:23 PM »
What area do you live in and is it an indoor only cat or a come and go outside cat you are looking for  ;D

Offline Meowal

• Kitten
Its now a waiting game!
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2010, 21:02:11 PM »
Not sure if im posting in the right bit ?.  I am new to this site, i have been lurking on Cat Chat, our beautiful Alan (ally cat) died in November and we are wanting to offer a cat a new home.  We arent bothered about what he/she looks like, we are more concerned about us fitting with he or she and vice versa. We have a 4 year old who is typical boy and an 11 year old, Al suited us in that he was so chilled, Jack would play Vets with him and he would just let him listen to his heart etc, he never wrecked anything or jumped up anything, he would trot out to in the garden, you'd shout his name and he would be back - a dream cat and my complete world.  Anyway, hopefully our RSPCA centre will fix us up, they ahve said they will let us know if he or she come across a cat we would be suitable for...til then its a waiting game ;-(

Link to CatChat