Author Topic: Another Newbie  (Read 2412 times)

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
Re: Another Newbie
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 07:17:15 AM »
Hi Emz (and James, JayJay and Lauren!)

Welcome to Purrs.  This is a lovely, friendly site.  It's like an extended family.  There'll be plenty of people who can help with advice and stuff.  Hope you manage to get your little kittie addition very soon.

Offline emzbubble

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2007, 22:38:31 PM »
Thank you all for your kind welcomes :)

I'll def be going into WH Smiths on sat and looking at the cat magazines to spot the one with the allergy article. To be honest i didn't realise there was cat magazines available!

That product looks great! I'll be getting some of that for sure! Its mostly the runny nose. When i went to meet a long hair, gorgeous fluffy cat my eyes started to itch and without thinking i rubbed them without washing my hands and they went sore and i wasn't allowed that cat. i was devestated as the cat was so gentle and bonded with myself and the kids too. Oh well, i'm sure the cat is in a lovely new home now and i'm just glad that after spending time with short haired cats that i'm ok and am able to get an addition :)

I'm pretty sure i'll be asking you all for your advice when i get a kitty and will be very grateful as the information on the net regarding cat care differs and its always good to get advice from cat lovers old and new :)

Hope to get to know you all soon xxx

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2007, 21:10:56 PM »
Hi Ems and  :welcome: to Purrs

Hope you like it here  ;D

Good luck finding your furbabe  :)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 20:48:28 PM »
Welcome Ems  :welcome:

If you have allergies to your furbabes you may be interested in this months Your Cat magazine (I think it's Your Cat, could be Cat World) as there's a feature about allergies discussing different products and ways of dealing with allergy symptoms.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 20:08:00 PM »
Ay up Emma  :welcome:

Another Nottm'ite woo hoo!  As you can probably guess I live in Nottingham (Netherfield).

We are a very friendly bunch and are more than happy to answer any questions you may have about you new furbabe(s) when they arrive.

If you are slightly allergic to cats there is a wonderful product on the market called petal Cleanse http://www.woofnwhiskers.co.uk/product_info.php?products_id=917 and is highly recommended.

All the best

Sam, Foxy, Zephyr and Rossi

« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 20:08:22 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 19:41:48 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs, Ems.
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline emzbubble

• Adult Cat
Another Newbie
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2007, 19:31:41 PM »
Hi All,

My name is Emma, i live in Nottingham with my hubby James and two adorable kiddiewinks JayJay (3 yrs) and Lauren (8 mths).
After an issue with thinking i was allergic, then going on to spend time with short haired cats, i seemed fine around them just alittle sniffy nose that i'm told is ok??? i'm looking for a new addition to my household!  :) I'm really excited at the prospect of having a kittie around the place  ;D
Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Ems xxx

Link to CatChat