Author Topic: Hello All  (Read 1711 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Hello All
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2010, 07:24:32 AM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Annalou  ;D

love the photos of your cats  :Luv: :Luv: I'm sure that things will settle down in time  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2010, 15:33:49 PM »
Hi there Anna and  :welcome: to Purrs

What beautiful boys you have.  Simply gorgeous  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

It is very early days yet but there is not a vast difference in their ages so I'd hope you won't have too much trouble settling Gizmo in.  He will of course be full of energy but Nipper isn't exactly an old fella is he?  :)  Just ensure that Nipper continues to get lots of attention and doesn't feel overlooked.  It's always a worrying time for the first couple of weeks but I'm sure all will be well in time :)

Have you tried any Feliway plug ins to try and calm things down a little?

I love tabbies (we have one girl) but in the main we seem to lean towards blacks (currently 2 girls and 2 boys) in addition to a black & white girl and ... well then there's Freddie of course :Luv:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2010, 14:31:29 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

Nipper is a beauty, what stunning markings he has :drool; As for his new baby brother  :Luv2:

I've not had to introduce a kitten to an existing cat before as mine are brothers so no practical advice I'm afraid, but lots of people on here have and can reassure you that it will all work out in the end  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2010, 13:51:45 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs  ;D

Love Nipper and Gizmo is soooooooo cute, take time with the intros cos Nipper will definately feel there is an intruder  :hug:

Offline AnnaLou

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Nipper and Gizmo
Hello All
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2010, 13:38:45 PM »
I'm New so just introducing myself and cats.  My name is Anna and I have owned Nipper a silver and white tabby since February, he is now 18 months old he was a rescue from RSPCA.  This week I also brought home Gizmo a 10 week old male Tabby Kitten from Cats Protection.  Nipper is not happy at the moment as he feels there is a intruder in his house.  See picture of them attached.  I thought it was an ideal time to join so I can get help and lots of reassurance and it's a hard time in the Nipper house at the moment.

Link to CatChat