Author Topic: Have started the ball rolling...  (Read 1568 times)

Offline AllShookUp

• Senior Cat
  • R.I.P Annastasia 1994-2009
  • Slave to: Elvis & Miki-MooMoo
Re: Have started the ball rolling...
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 10:59:56 AM »
Thank you :) I have done :)

xxxxxxxxxxxx

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 20:38:25 PM »
You should also consider contacting Sarah at Sunny Harbour as she is in Fife and I am sure she has lots of lovely kitties looking for homes at the moment.
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Offline AllShookUp

• Senior Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2010, 20:32:54 PM »
Awesome. Thanks so much :) xxxx

Offline Ellen2010

• Distinguished Cat
  • Sophie 9/93 - 3/10/11 Play hard my little angel
  • Slave to: Timmy, Baby, Danita, Tia, Miffy and Domino
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 19:54:36 PM »
Basically the reason for the home check is to make sure you are who you are and you live where you live and to see how the other cats are cared for in the home.  Is not really anything to worry about at all so don't get yourself too worked up and if it is any consolation even fosterers if they decide to adopt a cat or kitten in their care still have to have the home check before adopting them.

Don't fret too much about it and just be honest if any questions are asked.  I have had the home check for fostering and the home check because I wanted to adopt a cat in my care, the latter a couple of times even though they were already in my care as a foster cat.
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Offline AllShookUp

• Senior Cat
Have started the ball rolling...
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 18:12:19 PM »
My husband and I have talked alot about getting another rescue cat... our last one Anna, she passed away a while back. We had gone through to fife 10 years ago and met a lady who took in unwanted/stray cats and we discovered  5 year old Anna hiding under a bed. My husband fell in love with her there and then and so she came home with us. 

We got Elvis 2 months ago and fell in love all over again. My husband decided the time was right to start looking into the local Cats Protection etc. I emailed them with all the details they needed to know about us and our house etc. I just got a phone call from one of the main ladies and shes asked us to come down and speak to her as soon as the snow clears etc (next week more than likely). She said there are a few cats that would be suitable for us (IE OK around other cats and young children etc)  ;D She said we can come down and talk things over, then she will sort out paper work and do a house check etc and show us the cats she thinks are suitable for us. I'm quite excited.

Its been so long since we got a rescue cat though and things were different back then. No house checks etc. What kinda thing should I expect them to ask etc when we go down or they come out? Thanks :) xx

Link to CatChat