Author Topic: Hi All  (Read 2283 times)

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
Re: Hi All
« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2010, 18:48:44 PM »
sorry to hear of your loss, i have recently lost my cat penny to kidney failure.

welcome to the forum :)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2010, 06:54:25 AM »
Hi  :welcome: to Purrs

So sorry for your recent loss  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2010, 11:16:29 AM »
I didnt think i would ever want to replace him but found myself here, so who knows!  Hope everyone is well!

It's a slippery slope - now you're on here, you won't be able to resist the cats looking for forever homes!
Welcome!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline AllShookUp

• Senior Cat
  • R.I.P Annastasia 1994-2009
  • Slave to: Elvis & Miki-MooMoo
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2010, 11:06:49 AM »
 :hug:  :welcome:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2010, 07:56:29 AM »
:welcome: to Purrs

So sorry to hear about Alan and its so hard losing your best friend, however he will be up on the Bridge guiding you to your next friend  :hug: :hug:

However he will also tell you that you never replace a friend, you just get a new friend cos the old friend will always have a purr in your heart.  ;D

What she said.   :)   Welcome to Purrs Meowl.   :welcome:   I think you've already taken your first steps to paving the way for your next feline friend, and as Gill and Helen have already gently pointed out, it's not a case of "replacement", but allowing Alan to guide you on to sharing your life again with someone who needs to be loved and cared for just as much as you do.    :hug: :hug:    I suspect Alan would approve of that, cats being so much cleverer than we are.   :)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 22:24:07 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:

So sorry to hear about Alan  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 20:28:28 PM »

:welcome: to Purrs   ;D Sorry it's under such sad circumstances  :hug:

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

When the time is right you'll know but you would never be 'replacing' Alan as, like all cats, he is simply irreplacable and will always have a space in your heart  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 17:29:53 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs

So sorry to hear about Alan and its so hard losing your best friend, however he will be up on the Bridge guiding you to your next friend  :hug: :hug:

However he will also tell you that you never replace a friend, you just get a new friend cos the old friend will always have a purr in your heart.  ;D

Offline Meowal

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Alan RIP
Hi All
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 17:26:39 PM »
 :) Im new to this, and found myself here after recently loosing my bestest pal, Alan to kidney failure, he had a very good innings and opened my heart up to cats.  I didnt think i would ever want to replace him but found myself here, so who knows!  Hope everyone is well! 

Link to CatChat