Author Topic: PLEASE HELP, 2 of the worlds friendliest, cuddliest cats need a new home urgently (Unknown Outcome)  (Read 2933 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
As there's been no updates will move to sorted.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Any news please?

Offline misshx

• Adult Cat
Do you have any pictures of the cats? Would be nice to see them! x

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
I agree. Landlords can't just change the terms of your agreement without notice (and without good reason). What if he suddenly imposed a no-children ban?
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

Offline Becksies

• Adult Cat
Does it specifically say in your contract that you are allowed animals, if so you could probably argue the fact with your landlord...I find they usually back down when confronted with the law :)

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Hi, so sorry that you're having to rehome your cats that must be hard.   Do you have a time limit on which to rehome them?

Contact all the rescues on the list Mark has given and if they are full ask to go on a waiting list or for a direct homing but state that this is urgent -  if so.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Have you contacted rescues in your area? There is a list of rescues on Catchat http://www.catchat.org/adoption/kent.html

We have some advice on our website about direct rehoming (Canterbury CP) http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk/index.asp?m=showNews&newsid=1782

The rehoming situation is really bad at the moment. I took 4 calls last Wednesday from people needing to rehome. Two of the calls were for 2 cats, so 6 cats in one day. We are full so couldn't help any of them, except the woman with 2 Persians where a Persian rescue I put her in touch with offered to take the cats. It is really depressing.

DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline ashleighjolr

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Lysander and Ghengis Khat
Hi there, thanks for reading. I am in a heartbreaking situation but have to look for a new home for my 2 cats. I am based in Kent but would travel up to about 2 hours with them for a nice home. They ought to go together as whilst they're not related, they've been a pair since the youngest was a tiny kitten and I think they'd be lost without one another. Both are neutered, happy to be picked up, love being stroked, will sit on laps happily, LOVE children (I have a 6 month old baby and they get tugged about without a care in the world!) but neither has any experience of dogs.

One is a black male, one year old, with white bib, white whiskers and lovely pale green eyes. He's quite a stocky boy and by far the most affectionate cat I've ever come across. He is a real peoples cat, always wants to be centre of attention and generally a great family pet.

The other is a tortoiseshell female, two years old. For such a young cat she's incredibly laid back. She's happiest curled up on a comfy lap on the sofa or anywhere warm and cosy.

Both cats currently eat a dry food diet.

Please get in touch if you think you can offer these guys a home. Unfortunately there was an incident in a property owned by my Landlord (involving a dog) which has resulting in him introducing a blanket ban on all pets in all of his properties, despite us originally being given permission to keep them. It's a horrible horrible situation to be in but we simply can't afford to move house. My number 1 priority is that these two go to a forever home where they'll be truly adored as they really are wonderful.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2011, 06:59:52 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat