Author Topic: Celia Hammond Cat Sanctuary - PLEASE read - HELP NEEDED  (Read 2519 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Celia Hammond Cat Sanctuary - PLEASE read - HELP NEEDED
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2010, 16:25:27 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Glenys it would be lovely to see a photo of Penelope  ;D
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2010, 18:46:33 PM »
welcome to the forum :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2010, 01:17:18 AM »
Nominatioins are supposed to be kept secret and the person should not know. those are the rules of the system. If the panel found out that the person knew, they would be struck off the list.

If she was nominated and offered a dong, then she could turn it down but if that was to happen(offered a dong), she would get more publicity for the cause by accepting it.

For her it would be more of a nomination for the work she does, I think, but as she would never know if she was only nominated, this is a mute point.

Many thousands are nominated each year and only a few get awarded a gong.

It could take years of nominations before some one maybe got passed the nomination panel. its a very hard thing to get through.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2010, 23:07:49 PM »
I've spoken to Celia a number of times. Yes, she's a very lovely lady.  :)

From what I know of her character A) It wouldn't surprise me at all if I found out she'd already been nominated for an honour at some point and B) It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that she's refused one in the past.  ;) She is an extremely selfless person who shrinks away from self publicity and hates talking about herself. Not exactly private but she would much rather spread the neutering message and talk about her work than accept a personal reward I suspect.

So how do you know Celia would actually welcome such a thing?  :shify:

Offline Yvonne

• Super Cat
  • Cleo
  • Slave to: Trevor, Clare, Spotty, Homer, Parrot, Cody, strays, Ginger Snaps and Jacob Black.
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2010, 11:23:47 AM »
Hi Glenys and   :welcome:  to Purrs

I do not know Celia Hammond myself but after the documentary last month wow what a wonderful lady

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,34894.msg620431.html#msg620431

Good luck    :hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner? 
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2010, 09:46:54 AM »
while I'm sure many of us agree that Celia should be honoured I think your recommendation letters should really come from someone with first hand experience of her
work, evreything I know about her is from her own website so not sure that would really stand up - good luck though, she does deserve it

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 20:24:17 PM »

:welcome: to Purrs   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

Hope you can get your campaign off the ground  :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Celia Hammond Cat Sanctuary
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 12:40:58 PM »
Hi Glenys  :welcome: to Purrs,

I am sure there are lots of people on here who agree that Celia should be honoured.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline GlenysT

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Penelope
Celia Hammond Cat Sanctuary - PLEASE read - HELP NEEDED
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 21:03:58 PM »
Hi All
My name is Glenys and I own a beautiful Tabby cat called Penelope.She is a rescued cat from Derby RSPCA.
She has a floppy ear on account of the fact that she had a tumour removed from her inner ear.This was before we took her in. £500 was raised by very kind members of the public after her plight was published in the press.
People sent donations in as small as £1.00 and the money was raised for her op whilst she was in the care of the RSPCA. When we spotted her at the RSPCA she came straight to us and has been a member of the family ever since.
She is a lovely cat loves lots of fuss and purrs like mad.
I have written to Her Majesty the Queen and received a reply as I am determined to try to push for Celia Hammond who does wonderful work in London at her Cat Sanctuarys.Apparently it is very difficult and competitive for someone to be honoured by the Queen in this way but Celia Hammond in my opinion should receive such an award.
I have received all of the paperwork required  from London to put her forward but I have to send 2 supporting letters from 2 seperate people who know of her wonderful work and are prepared to put it in writing.
Please Please will you send me supporting letters so that I can forward them on with the application for Celia.Why should it be just Celebrities that receive such awards I have attached a link to her website

Please E.Mail me. Many Kind Regards    Glenys.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 12:41:37 PM by Sam (Fussy_Furball) »

Link to CatChat