Author Topic: GUTTED  (Read 2847 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: GUTTED
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2006, 08:31:30 AM »
Our vet does not PTS a healthy cat unless they have to, like they have tried very very hard to persuade the owner to sign the cat over to them but the owner insists, our vet knows we would never refuse such a cat no matter how full we were although the very may have to keep the cat a few days which the don't mind. (what a shame it would be if the owner left a cat at vet vets and did not wish to see the terrible deed and  thought the vet had but they didn't, surely that would not happen at any vets, would it?) You may say they can refuse, however very close is another vet who would without a moments hesitation.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 21:20:37 PM »
I am so glad you have found a space for this one - these are the cases I always bend over to help - but then our calls like that actually come from the vet when the cat has been left there, so no chance of the owners not doing it!! WAs talking to the vet today and they have a lot of small animals like mice dropped off for the same reason.
Please spay your cat

Offline isabel

• Adult Cat
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 21:06:43 PM »
im glad the kitty is safe now  :)
Give blood! They'll give you biscuits...

Offline x Beckie x (Buffy)

• Senior Cat
  • x Missy and Pickle x
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 20:37:31 PM »
Things like this astound me - i really cant believe it!! How dare she!

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 20:32:08 PM »
oh I'm so glad to hear that Ela!!!!!!!
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 20:00:42 PM »
Hello all
This sounds similar to something that happened last wk to me. A lady took a young 2 yrs old female puss to the vets to be PTS for no reason then it didnt get on with her other cat. She had had it for 2 months.  She contacted the place the cat was originally came from and would you believe it they agreed for the cat to be PTS.  The only reason I got to here about it was my niece works at the practice and flatly refused to put the cat to sleep even though the night vet was willing. I ask you! I had an hour to sort something out.  Turns out she is abit hissing, dosnt like other cats or dogs but certaintly not aggressive.  Some times my faith in vets declines or of the apathy of the public. It amazes me!" The amount of times we are bribed with the PTS story is worth mentioning, some say it just to make us abit more willing to help, others mean it.  Feel being held to ransom sometimes I tell you! 
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 19:51:06 PM »
Really glad you got a space for this one Ela.  Sometimes people are unbelieveable.  Thank God for the likes of you 

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 19:43:36 PM »
Believe me we are  always really desperate, but this one was really really desperate. I have a huge list of cats waiting to come in.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 15:55:55 PM by Ela »

Offline Beccles

• Distinguished Cat
  • Daphne and Elettra born 18.06.06, Figaro 23.08.07
    • My weblog: Comprehension Dawns
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 19:34:34 PM »
Strewth - good job, Ela. Give us a shout if you're ever REALLY desperate as my pal lives over your way so we could probably sort something short-term out.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2006, 23:09:01 PM by Rebecca (beccaviola) »
Spaying and neutering saves lives.
Nobody has a right to own a cat. It's a privilege.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 19:31:16 PM »
glad to hear that ela, i kinda feel sorry for peeps like that aswell though.

if it had been me i'd have wanted to stop the original guy harming it but then i also have no place at all to put a stray cat so i could kind of understand her perdicament, altho no i wouldnt have had it put down but i might not have been able to take it in if that makes sense.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 19:13:57 PM »
Thank heavens for that, some people are just beyond belief >:(

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 19:09:10 PM »
Phew, have found an emergency foster space. I know sometimes people threaten and don't mean it, this time my gut feeling was they it would have been taken to the vets tomorrow.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
GUTTED
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 18:29:37 PM »
Someone phoned me last night to ask if I could bring in a cat she had taken in  as she felt sorry for it as its owners said if it comes back to my door I will kill it. She said she had 2 house ferrets and they did not get on. I said I would put the cat on the list waiting to come in and advised her about all the usual things you do in circumstances like this. Well not usually ferrets). She has just rung  me now and said if I don't take it in she is going to PTS tomorrow as it bit a neighbours child. Now what I want to know is why did she let the child near a cat she hardly knew and she had only had for a couple of days. I am now frantically trying to find somewhere.

Link to CatChat