Author Topic: trying to replace the irreplacable  (Read 1582 times)

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
Re: trying to replace the irreplacable
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 17:47:31 PM »
 :welcome: Sorry that you have found us due to sad circumstances, but sure you will find a ton of support and sound advice here!
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2010, 19:49:16 PM »
 :welcome:

Hi Luke, Sorry to hear about Freeway  :(
It really breaks your heart doesn't it

But You'll never replace him because you will never find another cat quite like him, another cat will never live up to Freeway ....
but what you can do it find another cat to love for who it is  :hug:
I speak from experience, I lost the love of my life last September....I would give ANYTHING to replace her but I know it can't be done

Have you a photo of Freeway you can share with us ?

xxx

Offline luke

• Kitten
  • Slave to: freeway
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 19:01:06 PM »

Offline luke

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2010, 17:19:18 PM »
Freeway,he had being abandoned at a garage called threeway's

Offline Pudding

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2010, 17:14:20 PM »
Where are you Luke?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2010, 16:50:02 PM »
 :welcome: to Purrs Luke, sorry it's under such sad circumstances  :hug:

I agree with Sam, visit a few rescue centres and see how you interact with some of the cats looking for a new home through no fault of their own.

A new cat is never a 'replacement' as you'll still love the cat you lost, they just help to fill the cat shaped hole in your heart! As endearing as your old cats traits sound, when you find the right cat for you the habits and personality of that new cat will make you fall in love with him/her and you'll be laughing at the things they do - some may be the complete opposite to your beloved old cat but you've love the new cat none the less  :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2010, 16:44:07 PM »
Hi Luke,

Sorry to hear of your loss.  Your big "bruiser" sounds like a typical cat .... fights if he has to, loves when he wants, prentends to be as hard as nails but is in actual fact a bit of a softie!  :Luv2:

If I was you I would try visiting a few rescue centres in your area and firstly see if any of the inmates appeal to you.  Then if you like the look of them you can ask the staff for more information on character and then have a one on one meeting with them. 

To find you nearest rescue centres have a look on the catchat pages .... click on the map in your area:  http://catchat.org/adoption/index.html

Also check out the rescue and rehoming section on this site ... there may be a special furbabe that catches your eye.

Good luck and please let us know how you are getting on. 
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 16:39:13 PM »
Sorry you have lost your best friend,,,,,what was his name? 

You never replace a cat you just get another to play alongside the Purr in your Heart  :hug: :hug:

Offline luke

• Kitten
trying to replace the irreplacable
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 16:07:20 PM »
Hi,we lost our true love a couple of months ago and we are ready to look for a replacement, but we do want to try to find a similar character.Here follows a poor description- short haired v big tomcat ideal fighting[and fight he did] weight about 6.5 kgs,a very unusual Roman nose- his snout had a noticeable lump before his eyes,rear legs quite a bit longer than his front, so firmly built he quite often got patted not stroked,couldn't meeow to save his life sort of half purred half chirped. Very territorial [would stand guard at the door and dare any passing dog to set foot on our garden]yet welcomed 2 kittens and a puppy into the family.Liked attention on his terms but when he got bored he would warn you then hurt you if you didn't take heed. Despite him being v playful it was impossible to play with him without the protection of thick gardening gloves he never pulled in his claws.He sounds quite horrid reading this back through, but he would walk us from the car to the house every night and welcome us home,would sleep with any one of us that was ill and insisted on reading the papers with us though him sitting on them didn't make it easy. The research I've done suggests he may of had a fair bit of Siberian in him despite being short haired but any ideas on his genealogy would be very welcome

Link to CatChat