Author Topic: 2 of my little ferals  (Read 6938 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: 2 of my little ferals
« Reply #41 on: April 23, 2007, 00:22:44 AM »
Here's a couple of piccies of the kittens that I craftily took to the vets for Margarets daughter to fall in love with  :evillaugh:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 01:50:43 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2007, 13:40:24 PM »
Am glad they are doing well.
Please spay your cat

Offline alexgirl73

• Adult Cat
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2007, 12:47:32 PM »
lol@your kittens !! :evillaugh: You gotta love the little blighters. Great to know my girls are all doing well. Really looking forward to the pics now :)
A home without a cat is just a house!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2007, 22:27:34 PM »
I spoke to Margaret today and these little ladies are all doing fine  :Luv:  She said there was a little bit of a dispute over food this morning :shify:  so she's moving them into the horsebox which is being meshed so they've got more room.  My little kittens are also doing well and already wrecking the place  :rofl:  I will be going over early next week to see them all and to get some piccies  :)

Offline alexgirl73

• Adult Cat
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2007, 18:38:21 PM »
awww, you soppy lot  :).  I'm the same as you Dawn, if I could have kept them I would!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #36 on: April 20, 2007, 14:30:17 PM »
Gail, you know me and tabbies.......I just lurvvvvve them  :Luv:  :Luv:  But I have to say, the torties stole my heart and if I'd have had the room and the money, I would have snapped them all up  :Luv:

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #35 on: April 20, 2007, 11:43:00 AM »
AWW DD that tabby  was just so  :Luv: :Luv:.  I love a good tabby  ;D

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #34 on: April 20, 2007, 10:20:39 AM »
Awww, did the kittens make you broody  :evillaugh:   :rofl:  I thought I played a blinder with the kittens and my little plan worked  :rofl:  :rofl:  I will be getting the next lot sorted for next week sometime and in the meantime, I hope I don't get too many phonecalls.  My friend from the CP phoned last night, she has 2 ferals there and she's trying to get round me to take them to the stables  :Crazy:  Margaret will end up barring me from her property at this rate  :rofl:

Offline Rosiecat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #33 on: April 20, 2007, 10:14:24 AM »
I just want to echo what Dawn has said - it is an absolutely idyllic place and heaven for cats. 

The four little girls were so chilled out and, as Dawn said, ate straight away and looked very settled.  They were so pretty I could have happily catnapped all four!!!  They will have a wonderful life there  :Luv:

Will take me a while to recover from having little furry kittens on my knee though - thank you Dawn!!!  :evillaugh: 

Sarah

Offline alexgirl73

• Adult Cat
« Reply #32 on: April 19, 2007, 21:35:55 PM »
Oh I'm sooooo glad to hear that Dawn! Ican't wait to see piccies of them in their new home. I hope you are feeling better about what happened. It was all for the best  :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2007, 21:35:26 PM »
Excellent news Dawn, and the piccies???

I forgot my camera but I'm going over in a few days so will take loads then.

Offline Elaine

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #30 on: April 19, 2007, 21:33:07 PM »
Excellent news Dawn, and the piccies???

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2007, 21:31:47 PM »
All these babes are now in their new home and they are so chilled out, it's unreal  :Crazy:  They ate as soon as I got them out of their cages and seem absolutely fine  :)  :)  I feel abit better about things now, and I've had a good chat to Sean this evening........he definitely thinks I did the right thing.  I also took 2 kittens to the vets this evening and they are now starting a new life at the stables......there was method in my madness  :evillaugh:  :evillaugh:  They will be indoor babies and I'm sure they too will have a fab life.  Sarah has had a good look round and is seriously considering the stables as a new home for Pickles.......it's a cat's paradise, that's all I can say  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2007, 20:46:01 PM »
Dawn you did the right thing despite waht you are feeling they can now enjoy kittenhood in a wonderful new place and you can concentrate your efforts elsewhere after doing a wonderful job as usual.

Its a tough life but you can do it just keep the faith I'm sure there will be more to follow and you will do whats best for them even if it breaks your heart again just get out the tube of superglue and patch it up - sometimes its for the best no matter waht it just takes us longer to see it sometimes. :)
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #27 on: April 19, 2007, 20:32:08 PM »
Aww, I think you did the right thing by them Dawn, esp for the younger ones - and at least they wont get chance to increase the population anymore. And yes, they will now get to enjoy their kittenhood in a fab new place.
Please spay your cat

Offline alexgirl73

• Adult Cat
« Reply #26 on: April 19, 2007, 17:27:22 PM »
ALL FOUR!!!!! :censored: OMG Dawn, I am so sorry to have done that to you :(, although I am so glad that they have been done now before there was a poulation explosion. You definitely made the right decision for them all, and now they can enjoy life as you say , being the kittens they are! I feel like crying now, but smiling at the same time 'cause now they will be healthy and free. ((hugs)) Dawn :hug:

Offline Elaine

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #25 on: April 19, 2007, 16:33:03 PM »
Awww poor babies, the decision was the right one DD, I know it upsets you but as you say, now they can get back to being kittens and enjoying life. :hug:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2007, 16:29:21 PM »
Sean's just phoned me now and I asked the inevitable  :'(  :'(  :'(  All 4 babes were pregnant  :censored:   :'(  :'( They were all relatively early on but I'm now convinced the right decision was made for them.  I feel crap about it but now they can all get back to being kittens and enjoy life to the full  :Luv:

Offline Elaine

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2007, 16:04:36 PM »
Good luck little ones in your new home xxx

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2007, 15:36:08 PM »
If Sean doesn't phone me to say otherwise, he's taking them to the other surgery for 6pm.  Margaret is also taking one of her cats for a check up tonight so I'm meeting her and Sarah there and then we'll be going to the stables.  I'll give them all a big love from you and I'll try and remember my camera and take some piccies  :hug:

Offline alexgirl73

• Adult Cat
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2007, 15:26:35 PM »
oh that's great news! When do you go to collect them and take them to the stables Dawn? Give them a love from me :(

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2007, 13:17:05 PM »
Just phoned the vets and all these little babes are now in recovery........I'm so pleased they are all okay  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #19 on: April 19, 2007, 12:14:44 PM »
Thanks Alex  :hug:  It must have been so difficult for you parting with them and it will take time to get used to them not being around  :'(  God, I was in tears within hours of them being here.......I made the mistake of giving them a fuss and that's all it took for me to fall for their charms  :Luv:  :Luv:  I promise they will all be fine, I'll take some more piccies of them later and let you know how they are, xxx

Offline alexgirl73

• Adult Cat
« Reply #18 on: April 19, 2007, 11:12:03 AM »
 :hug:Dawn!! I would back you up whatever decision you made Dawn! Stripe will do fine no matter what! And she and the other girls are the ones to be concerned about, not who may appear! I have really appreciated everything you have done for them. It was so strange to go out the back this morning and not have to put breakfast down :(, but I know they have gone somewhere fantastic for them :). Will be on tenterhooks 'til I know that all has gone well with the surgery!

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: April 19, 2007, 10:17:44 AM »
Thanks Alex and Liz  :hug: They are all now in the vets.......had a good cry all the way there and then cried when discussing the options with Sean  :'(  :'(  He did say he would give me the choice and do whatever I decided but I have to think of all of them and not just my feelings.  This is the harsh side of doing rescue, you have to make decisions on what's best, not the way you feel about it.  Alex, seriously they are all gorgeous, I put them all in the cage this morning at the vets and they were all fine and didn't struggle when I picked them up.........I just really wish I had the room and the money to keep them all.

Lainey, thanks for the lovely message, I'll be fine  :hug:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 10:27:39 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #16 on: April 19, 2007, 08:15:09 AM »
Alex you raised beautiful feral torties, Dawn you will do what is best for them no matter how hard the decision.  I just like to think of it as a challange and how you thrive on the adrenalin its cheaper than drugs and means you can help more needy kids!
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline alexgirl73

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2007, 08:02:30 AM »
aww Dawn ((hugs))! I'm so sorry to have left you with this dilemma. I know you will do what is best for Stripe. Let me know how things go, thinking of you all this morning  :hug:

Lovely to see the pics btw!
Modified to add, I just saw your modification above lol! Thank you, and I'm so glad that they've settled ok from their long journey. I'm sure 4 more wouldn't be noticed :rofl:
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 08:04:58 AM by alexgirl73 »

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: April 19, 2007, 03:07:27 AM »
Why does doing rescue make you feel sooooooo crap sometimes  :'(  :'(  I have been in tears twice tonight over these little darlings and I have got to get my act together for going to the vets.  I think one is pregnant  :'(  :'(  The dilemma is, if I allow her to keep her brood, she has to be split from the others, if she is spayed in the morning, she can go to the stables to start her new life.  I really feel crap about it as the only option I've got for her sake is to have her done and as much as I hate the thought of having her pregnancy terminated, I really can't split her up from her siblings :'(  :'(  I've just come down now to check on them and one is suckling on the other and they just seem so contented........I really feel like I'm doing the wrong thing aborting but deep down I know it's the best for her  :'(  :'(

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2007, 00:59:05 AM »
and more piccies  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #12 on: April 19, 2007, 00:57:36 AM »
Here's a couple of piccies taken earlier  :Luv:  :Luv:  :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2007, 22:33:12 PM »
I will give you an update tomorrow, I'm sure they will be fine.  There has been no hissing, spitting or growling which I'm really pleased about as it means I will keep my fingers a bit longer  :evillaugh:  What tablets  :shify:  What are you trying to say  :evillaugh:  :rofl:

Modified to add:  After spending some time with these babes and giving them a fuss, I have to say I wish I could keep them all here  :Luv:   :Luv:  :Luv:  I am totally in love with them all already, they are just beautiful.  They are all extremely loveable, one of the torties has been headbutting and purring in my face  :Crazy:........they are such babes and Alex, you have done a fab job with them.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2007, 00:02:27 AM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Offline alexgirl73

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2007, 22:30:43 PM »
Aww, so glad to hear that they are chilled Dawn! I look forward to hearing how they get on at the vets tomorrow. It was great meeting you too, and keeping taking the tablets lol :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 22:22:06 PM »
Picked all these babes up today and they are all gorgeous  :Luv:  They had something to eat as soon as they got in and all seem quite chilled out.  Stripey was a little whinge bag but soon settled down.  They are all booked in the vets tomorrow and then they will be off to their new home  :Luv:

Alex, it was lovely meeting you, xxxx

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 21:44:47 PM »
Thats good news.
Please spay your cat

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 20:42:15 PM »
Glad to be of help.......when I come over and pick them up, I'll have them spayed and they can go straight to their new home to recover  :hug:

Offline alexgirl73

• Adult Cat
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 20:09:07 PM »
Dawn is my new hero  :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 19:28:09 PM »
Woo Hoo what great news.  Stripe is gorgeous!  :Luv:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 19:26:24 PM »
Wonderful wonderful  ;D

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2007, 19:24:50 PM »
Just spoken to Alex and all 3 babes will be going to the stables with the six of mine so they can all stay together  :Luv:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2007, 18:56:02 PM »
Ohhh, I've got good news on that score, I've got a home lined up for 2 of them, done the homecheck today and they willl love it  :Luv:  :Luv:

Link to CatChat