Author Topic: Two FIV cats & one house rabbit in urgent need of foster home, Gillingham, Kent (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 3533 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Will move this now as there's been no definite update.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
 :) Yep just found the other thread with the offer of help thanks. 

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
  • Slave to: Paolo and Murphy
Janey ~ I was stumped as well cos I could have sworn I saw an offer for the cats too.
Anyway it just occured to me to look in the FIV section and that's where it is  :doh:
xx

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I think the cats were taken by someone on Cat Chat (someone definitely offered, but it hasn't been updated for a while), not sure what happened to the rabbit though.

I couldn't see anything on the Cat Chat thread other than a plea for a home, I'll pm and see if I can find out.

Offline Susan + 8

• Adult Cat
I think the cats were taken by someone on Cat Chat (someone definitely offered, but it hasn't been updated for a while), not sure what happened to the rabbit though.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Any news please?

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
I think most rescues are in the same boat as CP. We get calls once in a while asking if we can look after cats while people move or are going to be away for a while. We have to say no as due to waiting lists of strays etc waiting to come in, we can't tie up fosterers.

It might be worth asking Swale branch (they are based on Sheppey) if they know of someone. They are a nice bunch.

It is worth speaking to a few catteries - now it is off-season, a lot of them will do a deal for a weekly/Monthly rate. They have to be up-to-date with vaccinations.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
If you haven't already done then I would ring ALL rescues on this list not just CP as I can think of a couple on that list who just may be able to help you:

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/kentw.html

Very best of luck  :hug:

Offline Gemmaloue

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Janey,5,& Socks,2 1/2
Thankyou everyone for your responses.
Janeyk,I am in Gillingham,Kent.No,sadly my friends are not able to accommodate the pets as well as me.I have contacted the cats protection to ask about fostering,but they said they are unable to help.I think that a cattery will work out too expensive,but I have contacted a couple any way.
Blackcat,thankyou.I will definitely check them out  :)

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
I used to use this service when I was in Chatham: K9nanny.co.uk. They were very reliable and cared well for my animals when I went away. They may not be able to help you directly, but may be able to refer you to someone who can assist. If it is only for a short period - like until you find new accommodation, then they may be able to assist with reduced rates etc ...

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Thanks Sue! I always like to ask but as she's answered the same question on CC that's fine  :)

Offline suecav

• Adult Cat
  • OSCAR (R.I.P.) xxx
  • Slave to: Paolo and Murphy
Re: Two FIV cats & one house rabbit in urgent need of foster home
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 16:21:10 PM »
It's Gillingham, Kent according to the thread on CC Janey x

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 13:58:35 PM »
Hiya, I hope you manage to sort out short term care for them, and its not too long before you're in your own place  :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 13:41:11 PM »
Hi, which area are you in please? it will help to add it to the title  :hug:

So sorry that you're in this situation.  I suppose you've tried all family/friends? would the friends you're staying with not let you keep the pets with you if it's only going to be a short time until you can get something sorted?  Have you contacted rescues in your area? they may have some fosterers who will be able to help you for a time.  The other thing is a cattery but may be too long for them and expensive depending on the time?

Best of luck with sorting something out  :hug:   

Offline Gemmaloue

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Janey,5,& Socks,2 1/2
Hello there.I am posting this as a last resort.I am in the process of leaving my husband,& am going to stay with friends until I have a flat to move into.However,I have two beautiful FIV cats & a house rabbit that I am unable to take to stay with me at my friends.Is there anyone who could possibly help me?I am not sure where else to turn.Any suggestions would also be very welcome.When I have my new flat,which hopefully wont take too long,I will move the pets back in with me.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 12:58:07 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat