Author Topic: Cathie gets comfy!  (Read 1443 times)

Offline Ellen2010

• Distinguished Cat
  • Sophie 9/93 - 3/10/11 Play hard my little angel
  • Slave to: Timmy, Baby, Danita, Tia, Miffy and Domino
Re: Cathie gets comfy!
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 10:56:44 AM »
Yeah I know that dilemma well as two of my furbies came to me feral and have managed to tame down, even defleaing them and worming is traumatic for them although I can get oral wormers down them every 3 months.

Just so you know there is an antibiotic injection that lasts for 2 weeks found this out recently when Domino was given one when the vets thought he had a slight flare up of his FLUTD even though it turned out to be nerve damage due to him pulling his catheter out himself (think he wanted to come home, lol).  Just thought I would let you know but would think they would prescribe looking at it cream for the eye to be administered.
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2010, 09:05:38 AM »
i am ok with giving meds usually but with her being feral it will have to be something i can put in her food

Offline Ellen2010

• Distinguished Cat
  • Sophie 9/93 - 3/10/11 Play hard my little angel
  • Slave to: Timmy, Baby, Danita, Tia, Miffy and Domino
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 08:20:23 AM »
If a good vet they will normally ask if you are ok giving any medication that they give you for your animal.

[spoiler]I can remember a locum vet at the practice trying to show me how to give one of my cats its cancer medication, without much success and was admitting defeat until I asked him to tell me which one first and ended up showing him how it was done  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: He was getting concerned as he was unable to get the cat to take them whether I would be able to.  The medication was for Cognitive care so was to try and make him as comfortable as they could until they saw him again on Friday as his other meds had not worked and they had just told me the bad news it was a matter of weeks possibly days and if he got an infection I could find him gone overnight.  They would not let me make a decision that day as I was in total utter shock.  He passed away in my arms when he was being seen by the vet on the Friday so the decision was taken out of my hands in a way at that point the vet was asking how he was doing and what his quality of life was like.[/spoiler]
It is better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 07:59:56 AM »
She's very pretty  :Luv2: Hope the vet visit goes OK  :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 02:51:03 AM »
Eye drops are a pain even with normally gentle cats but make sure your vet understands the situation with her.  :hug: :hug:

I have a tortie too that I cannot get near, took 3 attempts to catch her over a week to get her for her health check in the summer and she still hasnt forgiven me.

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2010, 00:36:30 AM »
She is very pretty  :Luv:
Oooh that eye does look sore. Good luck if they prescribe eye drops - my boy recently had them what a struggler and wriggler he was.

Offline lau200

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Mr Moustache, the Flick and Hairy Pants!
Cathie gets comfy!
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2010, 00:10:44 AM »
the cat tree was originally the big cats' but they outgrew it and handed it down the the kittens who kindly broke it. i put it in my bedroom out of the way, but Cathie seems to have decided if it's in "her" room it's fair game!

you can see her funny eye in these photos. i'm hoping to take her the vets on monday but i don't know how we'll ever gets meds into her, she goes wild if we get too close!

Link to CatChat