Author Topic: Simple Solution vs Urine Off  (Read 4429 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Simple Solution vs Urine Off
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2010, 08:14:59 AM »
I like the smell of RX66, but my favourite one (smell-wise) is the one made by animalcare. As it only comes in 375ml bottles, can work out expensive if you have to use a lot. http://www.vetuk.co.uk/veterinary-supplies-hygiene-sterilisation-c-141_268/total-care-biological-stain-and-odour-remover-375ml-p-4604

RX66 is industrial-strength stuff with a really high concentration of enzymes & bacteria. The company supply things for hospitals, morgues etc so you can tell their stuff does the job.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 02:47:11 AM »
I quite like the smell of Simple solution but think it depends how much you are forced to use LOL

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 20:44:06 PM »
Also hate smell of Simple Solution too and use Urine Off although tempted to switch to RX66 when current supplies run dry
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 20:44:22 PM by Rosella moggy »

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2010, 19:07:18 PM »
Does anyone have any opinion on which of these two is best? I've never used Urine Off before but noticed that they do seperate versions for cats and dogs due to how their diet makes their urine different so I wondered if it was better? 

Here's the science bit  :evillaugh:

Cat & dog wee has different proteins, so they need different enzymes. Each type of protein has its own shape so only one particular enzyme can digest it. Just think of it as round peg, round hole, except the shapes are a bit more fancy  :evillaugh:

We did this in biology a couple of years ago - also, I spoke to the owner at Xeria last year. He told me there were quite a few different enzymes in RX66; one each for cat, dog, rat & human wee + others for blood etc.

The RX66 is economical as you water it down before use (normal strength is 1 part RX66 to 9 parts water, although you can make it up stronger depending on what you are dealing with)  - a bit of a pain when you only have the bottle it came it. You can transfer it over to another spray bottle (wilkos do a decent one for about 50p)

I hate the smell of Simple Solution. It is really cloying and smells like you are covering up a smell rather than dealing with it - also the smell of it lingers. It makes me gag. I tried Urine-off once. I can't remember how well it worked but was worried about the warning on the bottle (can't remember what it said now)

If you do end up ordering direct from Xeria, I can also recommend the micropots that change the geometry of airborne smells. I had a couple of the small ones for our small cloakroom in the basement and it lasted for a good couple of months - only about £1 each as well  ;D
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 19:23:02 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 18:13:01 PM »
I use Urine Off and find it better than the simple solution (I cant stand the smell of this either)
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 15:46:51 PM »
There are also two different versions of Simple Solution for cats and dogs. I have only used that so cant comment on the other.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2010, 15:43:25 PM »
I haven't used either but wanted to throw RX66 that Mark recommended into the mix, it sorted out a wee'd on suitcase with no problems! Also used it when Lu had his attack of vomit/wee/diarrhoea all over my bedroom carpet (the wee had to be a weeks worth!) and it completely got rid of it. Have had independent sniff testers round too  :evillaugh:

If you try it and are happy with it you can buy a 5 litre one from the manufacturers, cheapest place for the small bottle is here

http://www.livingiseasy.co.uk/products/cat5/cat499/XERIA_RX66HS_BIO_ENZYMATIC_STAINING,_FOULING_AND_FOUL_ODOUR_DIGESTER_SPRAY_PLUS_HIGH_PERFORMANCE_AIRX_ODOUR_ELIMINATION_TECHNOLOGY._NATURES_MIRACLE._Seeks_out_and_eliminates__surface_and_sub_surface_fouling,_foul_odours_and_stains._500ml/

Manufacturers:
http://www.xeria.co.uk/kolist45/1/Full%20Product%20List/26/RX66J.htm

Offline Lottie (Team Svartalfheim's)

• Distinguished Cat
  • GB* Svartalfheim's Sunset Boulevard
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest cats
Simple Solution vs Urine Off
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 15:36:17 PM »
Does anyone have any opinion on which of these two is best? I've never used Urine Off before but noticed that they do seperate versions for cats and dogs due to how their diet makes their urine different so I wondered if it was better? 

I normally use Anti Icky Poo but I can't find it anywhere in the UK now and the big bottle of it I had all got used for Findlay :(
Feel free to visit the Team at www.svartalfheim.co.uk

Link to CatChat