Author Topic: Socks & Bakira - (SW England, Bath) Bakira - homed Socks still waiting (Uknown Outcome)  (Read 2300 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
I believe this is sorted so will move this now.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
I've been informed that Bakira has now found a home but Socks is still waiting

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Socks & Bakira - Two Separate Cats Needing A Home (SW England, Bath)
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 20:33:35 PM »
I do hope they find a home soon, thats so long to be in a rescue Socks  :hug:
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 19:08:26 PM by Janeyk »

Offline NeonAngelZoe

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Tabby
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 16:34:33 PM »
Both cats are still urgently looking for new homes. Bakira is quite a sweet soul when you get to sit with her for a little while in her pod outside. She loves her head strokes and tickle under the chin.

Socks is equally lovely but looking for a female only environment. She loves to lick you and clamber upon your chest.

Please make them have a memorable Christmas with a fresh start. I don't mind transporting further afield. :thanks:

Offline NeonAngelZoe

• Kitten
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2010, 13:32:31 PM »
Socks in post number 1 - Socks - she has a gorgeous silky coat, with a white bib and beautiful white socks. She loves a fuss and will respond with a lick and a lap sit.

Bakira is in this post

Bakira, can be stroked but isn't a lap cat as such. She loves to play, especially with her rod toy with a fish on it.

Both cats are subject to a home visit and a meet and greet of the said animals. A donation will also be needed, which will be discussed with the carers on a visit. All cats are neutered, microchipped and vaccinated.

Both Bakira and Socks have a good physical health record. They just need a new chapter in their lives away from the hustles and bustle of cattery and rescue life (dogs barking, children running around etc - even with feliway and the right equipment these things aren't easy to hide away from).

Offline NeonAngelZoe

• Kitten
I have posted Socks and Bakira, two black and white cats that are urgently looking for homes in the Bath area. I am willing to do a distance travel further afield if necessary. Both cats are on Top Cat "Avon and Bristol" they're housed in the New Cattery - Bath Cats and Dogs Home.

"I’m called Socks and I am 3 year old black and white female. I am a loving, loyal, affectionate cat but need a very specific home because I have a few minor behaviour issues. I am really lovely though so with the right owner I will be happy, it’s just that I’ve never been too keen on male humans to be honest and some animals so when I meet them I react by becoming a bit upset and grumpy. I really need an all-female household with no other domesticated animals, children, and space away from urban areas, the ideal place would be a farm or home with a large field at the rear. Because of my past I need very experienced owners who can come up to see me over a period of time to get to know me and make friends first so I feel safe. Once I get to know you though I am real sweetheart and lapsitter who wants nothing more than fuss and cuddles, I will even lick your hand and face once I associate you with love and kindness. I am very intelligent and love to play, so toys and areas to explore will keep me entertained, I also respond very well to being taken around on a lead, I don’t mind that at all! Unfortunately I have been at the Bath Cats and Dogs Home since the 8 February 2009! I came in as a pregnant mother and gave birth on site. I have since been neutered, microchipped and vaccinated and I have had a clean bill of physical health and I so want a life outside of the rescue home. If you think that you can offer me the loving home I’ve never had then please contact us soon."

Not to be rehomed in Bath or Holt (Wiltshire). Socks came in as a pregnant queen a long time ago in cat years; imagine being here from 1 - 3 years of age and having children only at one years of age.
My concerns with Socks are is she's beginning to get really emotionally upset being indoors a lot at the rescue centre; she is starting to suck her bed through feeling insecure and comfort eating, though her weight is okay presently. Socks can be walked on a lead and is a very loyal cat. She almost responds like a dog in a call response kinda way. Her Carer has lots of video excerpts of Socks in the feral colony bounding around feeling free and keeping close to the people she trusts. Now the weather is getting colder, darker and wetter she isn't able to get outside much only through to her outdoor pod and her indoor snug area. Two thirds of her life have been at Bath Cats and Dogs Home.

---

Bakira

"Hi I am Bakira and I am a 6 year old neutered female. I came into rescue with my sister but we had to be separated because my sister was a bit insecure and attention needing so I was often overlooked and I started to redirect my aggression onto her. I am really a sweet cat though who is a little confused and misunderstood because I just don’t know if to be friendly or not. I love a fuss sometimes and I don't mind my head being stroked, but sometimes I just forget and get worried and then swipe out. I really need confident owners who can help me to relax in a home environment then I should settle down. I’m not a lap cat, but an independent character who loves nothing more than to chase my fish wand or my own shadow, I do love that! A home without children, other cats and dogs will be best for me please. I’ve been with the rescue home since March 2010 so I really do hope that you will be that special, kind person I need."

Not to be rehomed in Chippenham, as this is the origin of where both Bakira and her sibling came from. I believe their previous owner didn't have the time for the cats and therefore were a hand - over to the rescue home.
Bakira is a lovely quirky individual cat, who can be quite independent. Again she is starting to show upset at being stuck in the home; not playing as much and retreating in her igloo. She has never hurt me or told me off with a hiss.

-----

Both cats need to be homed as individual cats. Socks needs to be in a rural setting away from neighbouring cats. PLUS NO MALES IN THE FAMILY - as she was abused by a male visitor to her home and will attack males if she feels unsettled.

Photos to follow --

Please come and visit both cats at Bath Cats and Dogs Home in the New Cattery and ask for Tom or Liz, their main carers. My secondary email address is nostalgicpushhead@gmail.com

I am a volunteer training in feline behaviour and psychology plus feline auxiliary nursing. I have known both cats from the start of their residency here.

Photos to follow ....
« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 07:01:00 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat