Author Topic: south wales cats following bereavement (Unknown Outcome)  (Read 2579 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: south wales cats following bereavement (Unknown Outcome)
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2011, 20:22:45 PM »
As there has been no update I'll move this now.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: south wales cats following bereavement
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2011, 07:18:51 AM »
Any news please?

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2010, 17:45:24 PM »
I am talking of just S and SW Wales here , sorry if you thought I meant country wide  :-[

We have some truely awful places.

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2010, 15:17:54 PM »

Please be careful of non-Cp rescues cos most are truely terrible and them being on Cat Chat pages does not make them good!

:shify:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2010, 15:17:35 PM »
Please be careful of non-Cp rescues cos most are truely terrible and them being on Cat Chat pages does not make them good!

I think it a bit unfair to say that Gill and I would have to disagree there are excellent Independent rescues out there.   It would have been fair to say that Phillip should check there is no kill policy (with certain rescues) if the cats are FIV but these cats are not and that Cat Chat is a very good site which covers most rescues in all areas and to please not be put off contacting as many rescues as possible as that is very important.  It would be very sad and wrong to put Phillip off contacting other rescues.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 15:26:42 PM by Janeyk »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2010, 14:55:56 PM »
I live in SW Wales and there are really no good rescues, my nearest is Swansea CP but CP have a rehoming centre at Bridgend...............no I think its some where close to that...............they do not have a no kill policy if the cats have FIV or anything but yours should be fine.
They will take in urgent cases although it may take a few weeks, so if they are definately fit and healthy this maybe the best option if you dont get offer of a home.

I will just find out where the rehoming centre is for you. It is Bridgend.

Bridgend Adoption Centre
Cats Protection,
Green Acres, Pant Hirwaun, Bryncethin,
BRIDGEND,
Bridgend,
CF32 9UJ
Email: bridgend@cats.org.uk

Tel: 01656 724396

So sorry you are in this situation  :hug:

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2010, 08:49:29 AM »
Hi Phillip and welcome.   I'm so sorry to hear about your relative and that your family are in this situation. 

Here is a comprehensive list of rescues in the area that can be contacted there may be some that they've not tried.  Most will probably be full but if they state this is urgent they may be put as a priority on their list so do tell them to ensure that this is stated.

http://www.catchat.org/adoption/waless.html

Some rescues will do direct homing where they help you find a home but the cat remains with you until that time, that may be an option and a may be a better one for the cats. 

It may also be a lot to ask to rehome all the cats together so may be they could ask that they be homed in pairs?   

Best of luck.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 09:35:32 AM by Janeyk »

Offline Phillipscats

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Pippa Blue Blaze Charlie
south wales cats following bereavement (Unknown Outcome)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 08:43:29 AM »
 Thank you to all who read this ..

A female relative, aged fifty, died suddenly on Saturday leaving two daughters. Their dad died 9 months ago. The home will have to be sold. They are in great distress and just one of the many problem facing the family is that there are four cats in the home, beautiful healthy creatures.  The elder girl lives in a tiny 'no pets' flat in Gloucestershire, the younger one aged just eighteen ( who was the live-in carer for her mum)  will have to find a bedsit or such locally . They have decided, sadly that the cats will have to be rehomed and have already contacted all the official and amateur animal protection bodies they can think of but there are long waiting lists. They accept of course that the cats may have to go to separate homes and we are doing all we can to find caring homes for them ourselves...

The cats are
Pippa (f)  tortoiseshell, spayed aged 10 years,
Blue, (m) spayed, tabby aged 8 years,
Blaze (m) spayed, ginger striped aged 4 years,
Charlie (m) tabby unspayed 4 months

All the cats are beautiful, strong and healthy

We are in South Wales but would be willing to travel to deliver the cat/ cats.  Even if you can't help, thank you for taking the time to read this.

This email address has been set up just for this situation  willah580@aol.com               Thank you again.

« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 20:22:17 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat