Author Topic: Katz Castle Open Day - Cobham. Sunday 13th May 2007  (Read 11794 times)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Re: Katz Castle Open Day - Cobham. Sunday 13th May 2007
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2007, 21:20:54 PM »
 :clap: :yesss: thats great news for Harold and i hope the day went well too.  :Luv:

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2007, 19:32:42 PM »
Yay, that's fantastic new  ;D  I did't make it down in the end, double booked to go to o/hs car show in Cambridshire, and it was pouring down there too  :rofl:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2007, 15:34:01 PM »
Aww, that is a lovely tale, good to hear of oldies being adopted.
Please spay your cat

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2007, 14:45:42 PM »
We've just come back from Katz Castle Open Day, armed with one of their excellent hanging baskets and a jar of home made chutney!

The weather is diabolical down here (torrential rain, thunder and lightning) but it was heartwarming to see the number of people who were streaming in and out and milling around inside.  I hope Katz Castle did well.

We had a look at some of the puddies who are up for rehoming and one elderly black and white cat caught my eye.  He was sitting quietly on the floor and no-one seemed to be taking any notice of him.  I crouched down and quickly discovered he was the most delightful, friendly pud, eager for cheek rubs and ear tugs.  One of the managers came over and asked me if we were looking to adopt a cat - I said we weren't, but if we had been, this chap would have been the one we would have chosen.

My heart soared when she said: 'Oh, you'd have been too late - Harold has been adopted this morning!'.

So Desley, another golden oldie off to a comfy home  ;D
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2007, 08:33:38 AM »
Good luck for today, I hope it goes well, and if I was closer, I would certainly go and look at the oldies, it is so sad that so many end up in rescue, and i just wish I had more money and could take more on.
Please spay your cat

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2007, 14:55:22 PM »
Sadly too far for me Pete. But my very best wishes that lots of dosh is raised  :Luv: :Luv:

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2007, 12:21:06 PM »
Just a reminder about Katz Castle Open Day next Sunday.

I regret to say that I cannot now attend which is annoying in the extreme, so i will offer my support another way. My wife will make up for me by putting in a shift.

I can't emphasise enough what a good day this is and the work in the preceding months to make it both enjoyable and special is quite staggering. Ann Knowles and Annie are a couple of gems and, along with Croydon Animal Samaritans provide the largest independent cat support in Surrey.

If you go, take a look at my favourite place - Liverpool Corner.  It is for the Golden Oldies who nobody seems to want. It is both refreshing to see their 'home' as it is sad to see them without a permanent loving lap. Some have been dumped when they have served their purpose whilst others have had loving owners who have died without any relatives to offer them warmth, love and sanctuary. This will be an all too common scenario for people in rescue but I would urge anyone to take a first hand look for themselves and not bury their heads in the sand. They are all beautiful and deserving of a loving home.

Owning a cat is a lifetime partnership.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2007, 10:55:39 AM »
Shame I am the wrong end of the country, sounds like a good do. Fingers crossed you raise lots of money.
Please spay your cat

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 12:34:09 PM »
A reminder bump

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi

"I am in favour of animal rights as well as human rights. That is the way of a whole human being." - Abraham Lincoln

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2007, 13:31:04 PM »
Is this Cobham in Surrey or near Gravesend??

This is the Surrey one  :Luv:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline x Beckie x (Buffy)

• Senior Cat
  • x Missy and Pickle x
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2007, 23:54:51 PM »
Is this Cobham in Surrey or near Gravesend??

Offline @Cat

• Kitten
  • Nose, @, Iris
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2007, 08:39:28 AM »
Oh, I thought that was close to me but I'm near Cobholm, not Cobham.
I wouldn't have been able to get out anyway but my family would have had a look.
I hope the open day goes really well.  :)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 13:59:39 PM »
Defo hope to make it along this year  ;D

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 13:53:41 PM »
Now funnily enough, I was going to post up a 'Message for Beanie' asking about exactly this!  OH and I went last year and had a thoroughly good afternoon.  I hope there'll be hanging baskets again this year!

Highly recommended if you're anywhere near.

Offline Beanie

• Senior Cat
  • Beanie
Katz Castle Open Day - Cobham. Sunday 13th May 2007
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 10:22:05 AM »
Yes folks, it's that time of year again and the good folks at Katz Castle are busy beavering away to make the day even better than before. The amount preparation never ceases to amaze me.  :welcome:

Make a note in your diaries, on your calendar or tie a knot in anything that will help you remember  :evillaugh:

The Date: Sunday 13th may 2007

Times: 10.00am - 4.00pm

The Venue: Katz castle Animal Shelter, Redhill Road, (Opposite entrance to Silvermere Golf Club)

Admission: £1

Gifts, tombolas, Bric-a Brac, cakes, raffles,collectors items;
cat accessories; cat advice; games for big and little kids (fun for all the family)

Who can resist Alex's jams and chutneys.   

Come and see the residents both feline and canine, cats looking for homes, the hens, the 2 pygmy goats and a host of other things. There are likely to be some other small independent animal charities present so come to support them as well.

It's a great day out and you area ssured of a great welcome.

Come and say hello. I'm back in business  (so to speak) and at present I'm on the Wine tombola so I'll be after your brass!!

Link to CatChat