Author Topic: Bozita is confusing me...  (Read 15047 times)

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
Re: Bozita is confusing me...
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2010, 20:32:56 PM »
It's okay Firefox I don't mind you giving advice. My aim is to feed my cats a variety of foods for health and pleasure because I care about them and I would rather someone give me advice to improve my cats well being than not say anything if they feel the cats are not getting the right foods. So no worries. I do wonder though why human grade cooked chicken and turkey is adequate for humans and not cats? Is it because of the taurine alone?

My indoor cat will only eat Applaws chicken and ostrich cat food and raw chicken breast which I often get with the skin on as I know this is good for her.  She used to eat Hi Life when she was a kitten but wont touch it now along with any other commercial cat food apart from Applaws. I have tried to get her to eat other raw organ meats and chicken wings on very many occasions but she has never shown any interest.  I don't like feeding her too much dry food as I don't think dry food is good for cats.  She does love Whiskas Fish sticks with Omega 3 and Nature's menus salmon and trout which she has every day.

Could you please give me the name of a supplement I can use and where I could get this as I think this would be a good idea for her. 

My outdoor cat gets Hi Life Poultry collection or Bozita which I believed were complete foods. Is this not the case?  I mix this in with a few cubes of cooked chicken (skin on legs, breast or thigh - lots of brown meat which I believe has more taurine in order to get his jaws stronger for raw food.) I was only saying about skinless cooked chicken as it may contain less salt.

The reason I started making the chicken gravy with ground bones was because I wanted to get some of the nutrition from the bones into the cats. I know it's not as good as raw food but I thought it would be better than nothing and higher quality than commercial cat food. (?)

Neither cat will eat fish apart from Whiskas fish sticks or Nature's menu salmon treats.

I am completely with you on a variety of foods and can easily see how much you care :) - Noah has raw meat (inc. bone and offal), high meat and high oily fish wets, grain-free in winter, nutrient-enriched cat milk and raw eggs!! I believe there is a supplement called Instincts and another called Felini: try VetUK, Zooplus, a Bengal forum (many breeders raw feed) or the Pet Forums nutrition message board as it's not something I have needed to research.

If I had to grade different cat diets by how healthy they are? The worst I ever heard of was someone preparing their own vegan diet (!), next someone only feeding their cat canned tuna, next someone only feeding cooked meat (no bone). All these diets can be lethal or at the very least cause medical problems. If you don't want to be scared don't read about cats going blind without taurine or painful steatitis from lack of saturated fat. Despite my scathing description of foods such as Go Cat (meat-flavoured cornflakes :rofl: ) a cat can survive on it if not thrive.

Cooked chicken will provide amino acids (building blocks of protein) and very little else, plain meat is no more a complete diet for a human than a feline. Cooking meat denatures it and destroys enzymes - changes the chemical structure like cooking egg white - and for cats this means the amino acids are less bioavailable (usable). No idea if that is the same for humans as we don't eat raw meat as we don't have the digestive system designed to destroy bacteria. Arguably bioavailability in itself is not a big deal.

Each animal has the need for a different range of amino acids, some must be eaten and others can be manufactured in the body. Cats cannot make taurine and it is destroyed by cooking (see above) so a cooked commercial diet will always be supplemented. By far the richest source in the feline diet is raw heart, but there is also more in the dark meat than the white meat but this MUST be raw. Humans can manufacture taurine from several other amino acids.

Chicken breast contains little fat and cats need far more fat than humans as they have no nutritional requirement for the carbohydrates (from plants) we use for energy. Felines also have a clear dietary requirement for saturated fat whereas humans is very small; again cooked fat does not have the same nutritional profile as raw and usually roasting a bird means a lot of the subcutaneous (under skin) fat escapes. Skin itself is protein.

Protein alone can be used to supply energy, but can put a strain on human kidneys (Atkins diet can be lethal) and I believe this is the same for cats. Cats need a balance between phosphate from meat and calcium from bone - it is the ratio which is key to renal health. This is why I advised you not to supplement a complete diet (HiLife and Bozita) with meat on a regular basis.

Just like humans cats need a whole raft of vitamins and minerals - few of which are found in meat. Water soluble vitamins are largely destroyed by cooking, fat soluble vitamins are concentrated in the fatty tissue and offal and minerals in the bone. Humans cannot digest bone, so we source most of our vitamins and minerals from fruits, vegetables and wholegrains (or fortified refined flour). Plant foods are something cats do not need to eat, so they must get their vitamins and minerals from the meat part of their diet (or from fortified complete pet foods).

With my human clients I try to look at what each food is adding to the diet, as well as what each food is robbing from the body. I look carefully at the balance of wholefoods to treats -  for humans the government recommendations are no more than 5% of daily calories should come from sugary or fatty foods (i.e. treats)!

If you have a picky cat IMO this needs addressing urgently, I am sure there is a wealth of knowledge in this area on Purrs. :hug:
For a cat, I see meat without bone or raw heart as a treat, complementary foods such as Applaws as a treat. Will your indoor cat eat offal and bone when it is ground into a mince with the raw chicken?  :sick: Can you switch her Royal Canin to any of the grain-free dry foods I mentioned in an earlier post? Does she refuse Bozita pate/ chunks in jelly?

Here endeth the longest post EVER in the history of Purrs!! :censored: Bet you wish you had not asked about the difference between cooked chicken for cats and humans!  :rofl:
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 20:38:19 PM by Fire Fox »
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2010, 19:35:17 PM »
Funnily enough Mark it was your post I saw mentioning Arden Grange so I had a little look on their site ;). Did you buy it from them direct?

Nearly missed this  :evillaugh: - No I bought it from vetUK - cheaper than buying it direct  :Crazy:. If you spend more than £29 you get free delivery  ;D - Alice's cortavet are £26 so I had no problem hitting the min spend  :tired: :evillaugh:

I am going to try this next. It actually works out cheaper than most premium foods but all the ingredients are organic - I love the idea that they use organic meat (much higher standards than free-range) http://pero-petfood.co.uk/products/Pero-Organic-Cat-Food-4.5kg-%286-X-750g-Packs%29.html

I also want to try Organipets and Yarrah http://www.steenbergs.co.uk/subcategory/86/organic-cat-food
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 20:02:57 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Honeysuckle

• Adult Cat
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2010, 15:36:16 PM »

Thanks, great advice! I haven't managed to get him to eat raw food yet - something I'm working on as I agree it is so much better nutritionally. My indoor cat loves it. I don't add anything to the gravy apart from the chicken bones and water so there should be no salt. The cooked chicken probably does have some salt on the skin (maybe I could wash it off beforehand) - skinless probably less so. I thought that by making a gravy with the left over bones that at least it is not going to waste and is a way of getting him to drink more. Do you think it is safe to give my cats gravy made from just bones and water?

Maybe I could buy raw chicken myself and roast or poach it so I know there is no salt or colouring?! Why haven't I done this already! Doh!

Also, cat foods are basically just mush and I want him to exercise his jaws and prepare him for raw food by giving him cooked chicken or turkey which he has to chew. This is how I got my indoor cat to eat raw chicken.

At the moment I'm trying to give him a variety and balance between commercial cat food, cooked poultry and a small amount of dried as treats so hopefully he should have everything he needs and I'll be trying him out with raw again over the weekend.

You are welcome! Sometimes I give 'advice' where it is not wanted, rather too passionate about healthcare sometimes!  :rofl:

If you are just giving fresh chicken stock (no gravy powder or stock cubes) that should be fine, but there is no need to feed skinless chicken, cats have a nutritional requirement for saturated animal fat which we humans do not. There is more fat and more taurine in leg and wing than in the breast, I buy the Value/ Basics frozen portions are these are cheap (£1.40 a kilo  :wow: ) and all drumsticks or thighs.

I really hope you don't mind me commenting again, but you posted the daily diet of both cats on the other thread. I don't see any complete foods in your indoor cat's diet barring a teaspoon of Royal Canin? AFAIK the Applaws adult is complementary, chicken breast is pure protein (no vitamins, minerals or essential fats). I see fresh chicken alone (cooked or raw) as a treat - on that basis neither cat has a balance between treats and complete foods.

On a raw day Noah has 200g total, and he is a large (6.5kg) greedy indoor male. A meal of 75g chicken is two thirds of that daily intake, but only providing one of the essential macronutrients and few micronutrients. If you are going to feed a homemade meal - and it's brilliant that you are!  :) - on a daily basis you need some offal, skin and bonemeal OR a supplement that is designed specifically to be added to a meat only meal. Maybe you are already doing this?

Sorry I really don't mean to come over as critical, probably I have got the wrong end of the stick.  :-[

It's okay Firefox I don't mind you giving advice. My aim is to feed my cats a variety of foods for health and pleasure because I care about them and I would rather someone give me advice to improve my cats well being than not say anything if they feel the cats are not getting the right foods. So no worries. I do wonder though why human grade cooked chicken and turkey is adequate for humans and not cats? Is it because of the taurine alone?

My indoor cat will only eat Applaws chicken and ostrich cat food and raw chicken breast which I often get with the skin on as I know this is good for her.  She used to eat Hi Life when she was a kitten but wont touch it now along with any other commercial cat food apart from Applaws. I have tried to get her to eat other raw organ meats and chicken wings on very many occasions but she has never shown any interest.  I don't like feeding her too much dry food as I don't think dry food is good for cats.  She does love Whiskas Fish sticks with Omega 3 and Nature's menus salmon and trout which she has every day.

Could you please give me the name of a supplement I can use and where I could get this as I think this would be a good idea for her. 

My outdoor cat gets Hi Life Poultry collection or Bozita which I believed were complete foods. Is this not the case?  I mix this in with a few cubes of cooked chicken (skin on legs, breast or thigh - lots of brown meat which I believe has more taurine in order to get his jaws stronger for raw food.) I was only saying about skinless cooked chicken as it may contain less salt.

The reason I started making the chicken gravy with ground bones was because I wanted to get some of the nutrition from the bones into the cats. I know it's not as good as raw food but I thought it would be better than nothing and higher quality than commercial cat food. (?)

Neither cat will eat fish apart from Whiskas fish sticks or Nature's menu salmon treats.

« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 16:10:42 PM by Honeysuckle »

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2010, 13:54:14 PM »

Thanks, great advice! I haven't managed to get him to eat raw food yet - something I'm working on as I agree it is so much better nutritionally. My indoor cat loves it. I don't add anything to the gravy apart from the chicken bones and water so there should be no salt. The cooked chicken probably does have some salt on the skin (maybe I could wash it off beforehand) - skinless probably less so. I thought that by making a gravy with the left over bones that at least it is not going to waste and is a way of getting him to drink more. Do you think it is safe to give my cats gravy made from just bones and water?

Maybe I could buy raw chicken myself and roast or poach it so I know there is no salt or colouring?! Why haven't I done this already! Doh!

Also, cat foods are basically just mush and I want him to exercise his jaws and prepare him for raw food by giving him cooked chicken or turkey which he has to chew. This is how I got my indoor cat to eat raw chicken.

At the moment I'm trying to give him a variety and balance between commercial cat food, cooked poultry and a small amount of dried as treats so hopefully he should have everything he needs and I'll be trying him out with raw again over the weekend.

You are welcome! Sometimes I give 'advice' where it is not wanted, rather too passionate about healthcare sometimes!  :rofl:

If you are just giving fresh chicken stock (no gravy powder or stock cubes) that should be fine, but there is no need to feed skinless chicken, cats have a nutritional requirement for saturated animal fat which we humans do not. There is more fat and more taurine in leg and wing than in the breast, I buy the Value/ Basics frozen portions are these are cheap (£1.40 a kilo  :wow: ) and all drumsticks or thighs.

I really hope you don't mind me commenting again, but you posted the daily diet of both cats on the other thread. I don't see any complete foods in your indoor cat's diet barring a teaspoon of Royal Canin? AFAIK the Applaws adult is complementary, chicken breast is pure protein (no vitamins, minerals or essential fats). I see fresh chicken alone (cooked or raw) as a treat - on that basis neither cat has a balance between treats and complete foods.

On a raw day Noah has 200g total, and he is a large (6.5kg) greedy indoor male. A meal of 75g chicken is two thirds of that daily intake, but only providing one of the essential macronutrients and few micronutrients. If you are going to feed a homemade meal - and it's brilliant that you are!  :) - on a daily basis you need some offal, skin and bonemeal OR a supplement that is designed specifically to be added to a meat only meal. Maybe you are already doing this?

Sorry I really don't mean to come over as critical, probably I have got the wrong end of the stick.  :-[
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook

Offline Honeysuckle

• Adult Cat
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 13:11:09 PM »
However I always mix in a few cubes of cooked chicken, turkey or ham with his cat food to be certain that he is getting enough good protein. Cooked human grade roast chicken from M&S or Waitrose is often cheaper gram for gram than most cat food so it's not like I am spending more money. If I buy cooked legs or thighs then I use the bones afterwards to make a plain chicken gravy. The bones are often quite soft afterwards and if you have a good food processor you can mash these up to a paste and put them in with the gravy which I can mix with his food so he is getting lots of nutrients. I take out the bigger bones and throw them away so no risk to cat.

I agree with you completely that fresh chicken is cheaper and more nutritious gram for gram than most cat foods!  :) However pre-cooked chicken can be high in added salt and colours as can gravy (depending what you are using to make it). If you are feeding a good food such as Bozita it should contain the correct ratio of quality protein to minerals and essential saturated fats. The nutrients in cooked bone are not as bioavailable as raw to a feline, plus cooking destroys essential taurine in the meat (commerical foods have to add this back). If you would like to supplement commercial food with poultry it might be better to use raw as that is what a cat's system is set up to process.  :shy:

« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 13:28:00 PM by Honeysuckle »

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 12:35:40 PM »
However I always mix in a few cubes of cooked chicken, turkey or ham with his cat food to be certain that he is getting enough good protein. Cooked human grade roast chicken from M&S or Waitrose is often cheaper gram for gram than most cat food so it's not like I am spending more money. If I buy cooked legs or thighs then I use the bones afterwards to make a plain chicken gravy. The bones are often quite soft afterwards and if you have a good food processor you can mash these up to a paste and put them in with the gravy which I can mix with his food so he is getting lots of nutrients. I take out the bigger bones and throw them away so no risk to cat.

I agree with you completely that fresh chicken is cheaper and more nutritious gram for gram than most cat foods!  :) However pre-cooked chicken can be high in added salt and colours as can gravy (depending what you are using to make it). If you are feeding a good food such as Bozita it should contain the correct ratio of quality protein to minerals and essential saturated fats. The nutrients in cooked bone are not as bioavailable as raw to a feline, plus cooking destroys essential taurine in the meat (commerical foods have to add this back). If you would like to supplement commercial food with poultry it might be better to use raw as that is what a cat's system is set up to process.  :shy:
Lulu's Catbook

Offline Honeysuckle

• Adult Cat
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 12:20:39 PM »
My outdoor feral loves Bozita, (Rabbit and Turkey Flavours) he eats noisily and with great pleasure. I assumed that the meat content was 93% as it says on the carton so I'm a little disconcerted that it might not be. I also feed him Hi Life because of the high meat content.  I don't mind the high moisture content as I think this is good so he doesn't get dehydrated - as long as it does contain meat.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2010, 10:11:24 AM »
I don't know about all the maths and dry matter calculations but when Bozita say 'up to 93% meat' I took that to mean that each flavour has a slightly different %, hence why the 'up to'.

An example of ingredients from the chicken liver flavour - Chicken (min. 4% chicken liver in the chunk), pork, minerals, egg, paprika, ß-1,3/1,6-glucan.

I don't see how with those ingredients it can be anything other than a high meat content food, there literally is nothing in it apart from meat, egg and minerals!

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 23, 2010, 02:01:36 AM »
Nutritional value:  Protein 9% (taurine 0.07%), fat 4%, fibre 0.5%, ash 2.0% (calcium 0.3%, phosphorous 0.3%, magnesium 0.02%),moisture 83%, Metabolisable energy: 275 kJ/100g.

from Bozita website

I quoted Zooplus as saying the meat was 97% of dry solids.  :shy: Meat has a naturally high water content of around 75%: the additional 8% will be in the jelly, for example
Felix supermeat pouches: Moisture 83%, Protein 8.5%, Oils and Fats 4.5%, Fibre 0.5%, Ash 2.5%
Whiskas kitten pouches: Moisture 80%, Protein 9%, Oils and Fats 7.5%, Fibre 0.3%, Ash 2.5%
Lulu's Catbook

Offline Pudding

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
« Reply #12 on: October 23, 2010, 01:28:29 AM »
Nutritional value:  Protein 9% (taurine 0.07%), fat 4%, fibre 0.5%, ash 2.0% (calcium 0.3%, phosphorous 0.3%, magnesium 0.02%),moisture 83%, Metabolisable energy: 275 kJ/100g.

from Bozita website

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2010, 01:11:24 AM »
Mmmmm a whole tin of jelly with one tineeee piece of meat it in lol!! I would not be happy!!!

What do you reckon FF, worth giving it a go alongside the raw and Hi Life?

Also looking to change from JWB still. Couldn't see PAH Purely 70% on their website at all :( Arden Grange looks slightly better and slightly better value for money. I know Orjen is one of the best but the price tag when feeding 3 *ouch*. Plus if I'm upgrading the cats diet I'll have to do the same for Esco otherwise that would be mean.

I really want to give them all a bit more variety. Poor Bourneville and Marble have been on the same food for 5 years plus...how boring for them!!!

Noah and I are confirmed Bozita fans, IMO it is the best value for money commercial wet food (meat content for the price per kilo) on the market.  Noah prefers the pate; the tetrapacks were cheaper from K9Capers than the tins are from Zooplus. P@H Purely More Meat 70% has never been on the website but isn't in my local store at present either, they still stock the 40% meat but has also disappeared from the website since the repackaging.

I feed Orijen occasionally but it is super expensive even considering the portion sizes are far smaller than JWB etc. so I tend to mention it with other grain-free dry foods. Applaws comes on offer regularly, as does Sainsbury's Encore (identical to Applaws), Porta21 from Zooplus (Finest Sensitive variant), Fish4Cats is also cereal free and very keenly priced - around half the price of Orijen!  :wow:

Arden Grange is a lower meat content than any of the brands above, but IIRC the meat is free-range if ethics are part of your decision making. If price is more important you could try Jollyes Lifestage which has the same meat content for half the price, but neither are much higher meat than your James Wellbeloved (Mars).

Also if ethics are not your prime concern most Hills (Colgate-Palmolive) variants bar the 'light' variants are ~50% meat and often on a three for two. I sacrificed some of my ethics when I realised it was not possible to buy a free range, high meat content cat food at a price I was willing to pay, but I won't buy Nestle, Mars, C-P or Proctor & Gamble which means most big name food is out. With four furry mouths to feed you may find your final purchase is decided by majority vote! :rofl:
Lulu's Catbook

Offline Steff - Petsearch Bedford HQ

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
    • Petsearch Bedford - Facebook Group
  • Slave to: Bourneville, Marble, Soap, Tyson, TT and Esco (the Staffie)
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 00:14:55 AM »
Funnily enough Mark it was your post I saw mentioning Arden Grange so I had a little look on their site ;). Did you buy it from them direct?
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator
Petsearch UK - Bedford HQ

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 00:07:52 AM »
I had some Arden Grange sensitive chicken & rice today. Pretty good ingredients for under £10 for 2.5kg

Ingredients

Chicken Meal* 30%, Whole Grain Maize 16%, Whole Grain Rice 16%, Dried Brewers Yeast, Chicken Fat*, Beet Pulp, Fresh Chicken (Min 5%), Egg Powder, Fish Meal*, Fish Oil*, Cellulose, Minerals, Vitamins, Nucleotides, Prebiotic FOS, Prebiotic MOS, Cranberry Extract, Taurine, Glucosamine Sulphate, Chondroitin Sulphate & MSM.
*Preserved with mixed tocopherols and rosemary extract.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 23:51:51 PM »
Mmmmm a whole tin of jelly with one tineeee piece of meat it in lol!! I would not be happy!!!

What do you reckon FF, worth giving it a go alongside the raw and Hi Life?

Also looking to change from JWB still. Couldn't see PAH Purely 70% on their website at all :( Arden Grange looks slightly better and slightly better value for money. I know Orjen is one of the best but the price tag when feeding 3 *ouch*. Plus if I'm upgrading the cats diet I'll have to do the same for Esco otherwise that would be mean.

I really want to give them all a bit more variety. Poor Bourneville and Marble have been on the same food for 5 years plus...how boring for them!!!
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 23:27:12 PM »
I think the phrase to look out for is ' up to 93%' which could in fact be just 5%!
Now that is cynical.

It may be cynical but that is exactly the way I think, and the way we need to think with most commercial pet foods!  >:(

The only way Bozita could be 5% meat is if the product is ~90% jelly as IIRC chicken or lungs  :sick: are listed as the main ingredient on each variant, whereas the first ingredient in most commercial wet foods is 'derivatives'. As Bozita doesn't contain any grains (carbs) or derivatives AND is low in fat, the only way it can sustain a feline is protein calories from meat. From experience the chunks in jelly contain less meaty bits than the pate but still plenty of meat, hence the 'up to'. In fact, Zooplus claim the cans are "97% pure meat (dry solids) in appetising clear jelly".
Lulu's Catbook

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2010, 18:48:14 PM »
my understanding is that is 4% crayfish [or anyother flavour] and then the remaining 89% being chicken.   
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline Pudding

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2010, 12:00:07 PM »
I think the phrase to look out for is ' up to 93%' which could in fact be just 5%!
Now that is cynical.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2010, 08:05:55 AM »
Although the meat content is much lower, I think it is the same with Whiskas/Felix type foods as well. It is just a legal requirement that there has to be a minimum 4% of the named flavour, although in reality, there is a lot more. It would be good if other manufacturers were more transparent about ingredients though. I would try more Bozita but it didn't go down too well here. Our local pet shop sells a few of the fishy flavoured ones which I ried when we had 4 cats - none of them touched it  :tired:

Willow loved the game flavoured Schmusy - Christine gave me some different Zooplus foods to try and that was the only one she ate.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 23:59:03 PM »
They changed the description a while ago I think so it's not as clear, the 4% mentioned is of the main flavour ie as an example, 4% Crayfish. On the Bozita website itself it has the meat content which it says is up to 93% -  http://www.bozita.com/en/Feline/Productgroups/Bozita-Feline-tetra/crayfish/

The ingredients on the Crayfish one, again as an example, are: Chicken, pork, crayfish (min. 4% in the chunk), minerals, egg, dill, ß-1,3/1,6-glucan.

That's a brilliant price, haven't seen in that cheap for years! It was well over £1 a carton at Zooplus last time I looked, I'm defo going to be stocking up.

If you haven't ordered from them before (or use a different email address  ;) ) you can get 10% off your first order AND they donate 5% to the Purrs fund every time you use the link at the bottom to get to Zooplus  ;D

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 23:51:40 PM »
P.s. The variety I was looking at is Bozita chunks in jelly 18 x 370g savings pack (mixed variety)...its £13.89 at the moment...I'm guessing that is good??
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator

• Hero Cat
  • Mummy to Six!!
Bozita is confusing me...
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2010, 23:49:34 PM »
*shy*

I wanted to try my lot on Bozita after hearing good things on here. It is on offer on Zooplus at the moment but I'm a bit confused by the ingredients listings.

I thought Bozita had a high meat content...but on Zooplus it states at least 4% which I understand is the minimum required for pet food...so on the actual packaging does it state the true meat content??

They are currently on Hi Life so it would be silly for me to change to something with a lower meat content. Really I just wanted to give them a bit of variety and grab a bargin at the same time but not if its not as good as what they are currently getting.

If any of you Bozita feeders out there could help me please :)
Stephanie Novell
Lost & Found Coordinator

Link to CatChat