Author Topic: Having a major panic - Hobbes has disappeared somewhere in the house - he has surfaced!  (Read 3800 times)

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
Ours understand VET - infact even the ones not going understand the parent shuffle with cat boxes this weekend its 8 cats boxes and 2 crush cages including our new fosters McKenzie and Gypsy and her Physconess Miss Skye of Sunny Harbour plus 4 other ferals and Peanut our domestic Physco - god help the vets this is not our best visit :evillaugh:

Sometimes I spend about an hour checking where the cats are and in the right side of the house and walking like I am with  my back I must walk  miles or it seems that way

Some of the ferals hide in the strangest of places and when you look you can't see them = I use a feather stick to poke the strange places :shocked: :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
I'm so glad that by the time I read this that Hobbes was getting lots of cuddles from you.

If it happens again - cook some fish - the strong smell might get him to come out - if he likes fish that is  ;) :rofl: :hug:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
Ours understand VET - infact even the ones not going understand the parent shuffle with cat boxes this weekend its 8 cats boxes and 2 crush cages including our new fosters McKenzie and Gypsy and her Physconess Miss Skye of Sunny Harbour plus 4 other ferals and Peanut our domestic Physco - god help the vets this is not our best visit :evillaugh:

Sometimes I spend about an hour checking where the cats are and in the right side of the house and walking like I am with  my back I must walk  miles or it seems that way

Some of the ferals hide in the strangest of places and when you look you can't see them = I use a feather stick to poke the strange places :shocked: :rofl:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Yahhhh so pleased he is out

Now......get on and tidy that room  :evillaugh:

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
I learnt that she understood the word vet and could hear me talking about her on the phone making the appointment and if she wasnt feeling well , she would hide..............never could understand how she new what day and time  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

:rofl: I bet she could tell by the way you were behaving.

Noah knows when I am going to work and sometimes sits staring at the front door handle mewling. Bear in mind I only work a couple of days a week and the times and days vary! He never acts that way on a normal day when I am getting ready, nor when I am getting ready to nip into town to run errands. :shify:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
Phew, glad he's come out  :hug: :Luv:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
It's amazing where they can get to isn't it I have put little one in my bedroom for a while to give him time to sort himself.

Asked delivery men to give me a call when they are on the way then I can make sure both of them are locked in a room so there are no escapes  ;D

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Thats really good and so pleased he wants cuddles  :hug: :hug:

Just remember sofa delivery means open doors to the outside and stress for him so make sure he is shut in a room when the delivery takes place  ;D ;D

My tale of woe was when Kocka urgently needed to go to the vets and I like you knew she was indoors but could not find her anywhere. The cat flap was shut off and in the end I did a search of every room from back to front and shut every door when finished a room.

I ended up sitting on the sofa in the front room with all doors closed, vet appointment cancelled and I couldnt find her anywhere.

While sitting there I started to try and rack my brains as to where I hadnt looked and was looking around the room and by the bay I had an old cupboard and it was about 3inches off the ground on feet. I know Kocka was a little cat but thought there was no way she could be under there.

Anyway as I was gonna have to start looking again................in a past vet appointment she got behind the curtains in the bedroom and sat totally still but I noticed a more rounded lump than usually LOL........................so started off by getting a torch and looking under the cupboard and yesssssssssssss there she was lying flattened to the ground and looking at me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I learnt that she understood the word vet and could hear me talking about her on the phone making the appointment and if she wasnt feeling well , she would hide..............never could understand how she new what day and time  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
Thank goodness he has finally come out from his hiding place  ;D Went upstairs to go to the loo and out he came large as life  :Crazy: He's still majorly freaked out and keeps wanting to go back into the front bedroom but I have now tied the door so he can't get in. I don't mind him hiding anywhere else but I don't like him being in there for obvious reasons. I think it's a combination of the incident this morning and all the upheaval in the living room. I can relax now and just let him sort himself out which will probably be after the sofa delivery tomorrow  :rofl: Thanks so much for all your support, I know I was overreacting but I have loads of rotten stuff going on at the mo and am very stressed so your comments really did help  :thanks: :hug:

He's just come downstairs for some cuddles  ;D I think I have aged about 10 years  :Crazy: where's the wine  :rofl:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 20:20:39 PM by Ann Clarke (Tabby cat) »

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
Pepsi did this to me about a week after we got her, we were keeping her downstairs until she got used to being in the house with us, she managed to sneak out of the door and went upstairs. It turns out that she was underneath Phil's bed in amongst loads of boxes too, I looked absolutely everywhere calling her, she sat perfectly still so I didn't even hear any rustles of her moving around. I ended up walking the streets calling her as I thought she'd managed to get out the front door when it was opened, thinking I was the worst meowmy in the world because I'd let her escape within about a week of her coming to live with us  :doh: Then of course she calmly appeared looking at Si like 'what's all the fuss about?'  :innocent:

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Is the title right and he is back in the normal rooms ?

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
Re: Having a major panic - Hobbes has disappeared somewhere in the house
« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2010, 19:47:15 PM »
Ann can't you go through each room one by one ?
Surely he can't be that hard to find ........  ;)

wheres kim and aggie when you need them? :rofl:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2010, 19:39:53 PM »
Michelle how did you get apic of my flat????

I hope Hobbes re-appears very soon and you can stop worrying. They are experts at making us worry I think
love
Tab

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2010, 19:24:47 PM »
Ann  :hug:
Stop thinking the worse Sweetheart, He will have tucked himself away and will be fine  :hug:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2010, 19:23:51 PM »

wheres kim and aggie when you need them? :rofl:

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2010, 19:05:48 PM »
Michelle where did you get a picture of my front bedroom  :shify: I have looked in all the other rooms so I think he can only be in the front bedroom. I've had a look with a torch under the bed and couldn't see anything so goodness knows where he is. I think I'm just imagining the worst, that he's had a heart attack with the fright he got or he's injured himself. I'll never forgive myself if he's come to some harm, I feel guilty because he's been more nervous since the little one came, even though they've been getting on really well. I'm hoping it's just because he can hear me moving stuff round and hear the hoover that he's staying hidden cos he hates anything like that going on. If he doesn't come out by tomorrow it will be a case of trying to move everything out of the room to try and find him (in whatever state he is in  :() Unfortunately I'm getting a new sofa delivered tomorrow so I have no choice but to carry on with what I'm doing. I've been in a few times calling him but can't hear anything at all, hoping that he is just keeping quiet cos he doesn't want to be found at the moment. I've left him some food and water in the room but so far he hasn't gone for them. I think it's a waiting game at the moment, 9 hours and counting  :(

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2010, 18:50:43 PM »

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2010, 17:23:14 PM »
Still no sign - I hope he's ok, wherever he is  :Crazy:

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2010, 15:22:27 PM »
 :hug:

I bet he'll be out soon enough making out like nothing has happened  :hug: At least you know he is definitely in teh house and hasn't escaped  :hug:

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2010, 15:08:26 PM »
I tried that earlier but no effect, will try it again later if he doesn't come out cos he may be hungry then. I can't even hear him that's the worrying thing, why do they always pick the places you can't get to  :Crazy: I am trying to just get on with things and not keep checking on him. Dylan once went under there when he got a fright but he eventually came out for Whiskas Temptations, Hobbes is having none of it  :( Mind you if Dylan managed to get out I'm sure Hobbes will, he's not quite as round as Dylan was  :evillaugh:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2010, 14:56:06 PM »
Oh bless him - he will come out but I can understand why you'd be panicking  :hug:  I'd be the same.  Will he come out if for food?  putting a bowl of something down that he will smell and eventually venture out for?

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2010, 14:11:29 PM »
I hope he comes out soon although I have to hoover soon so that will stop him coming out cos he hates that. Things were going so well too that's what's so upsetting, he's never done this before. The trouble is I am having to sort out the house because I'm getting a new sofa and chair delivered tomorrow so that doesn't help. He may well be in hiding for a couple of days at this rate  :rofl: If all else fails and he hasn't come out by the time the furniture is delivered tomorrow I will have to try and sort the front bedroom out to see if I can find him - one way to get the room tidied I suppose  :rofl: Thanks for the support guys I'll keep you posted on progress if any  :Crazy:

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2010, 13:52:35 PM »
 :hug: I have had that panic before and it was Elvis stuck behind a deep draw but even when I found her she didn't want to com eout - was happy as larry.

Give it a bit of time, turn off tv/radio, anything making a noise so you can listen out.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 13:42:02 PM »
At least you know he's inside hun, that's the main thing :hug:

He's probably found himself a cosy hidey hole, and has been snoozing away, merrily unaware that his human is wondering where on earth he's got to  :evillaugh:  Max was a terror for doing that  :Luv:

I'm sure he'll come out soon and he's just fine :hug:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 13:18:58 PM »
Thanks guys, I am trying to keep calm (ish) and hope he will decide to come out soon  :scared:

Offline Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 12:55:34 PM »
Take a deep breath and have a cup of tea

He will come out when he wants to - imagine  me looking for some of my ferals its like a military operation in the morning and they seem to find new places  :shocked: :hug:
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 12:48:25 PM »
Try not to worry, the main thing he's inside  :hug:

I can remember looking for Byron for hours once and it turned out she was in a deep kitchen drawer! another time she was curled up asleep in my wardrobe she just liked hiding her nickname was hiddy biddy  :Luv: 
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 12:46:52 PM »
I know I'm over reacting really, I'm a bit stressed with other stuff at the moment and this is the last thing I need  :Crazy: I will try and calm down but I can't guarantee it  :rofl:

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2010, 12:41:10 PM »
calm down and give him time, the last thing he wants is a manic human after him :rofl: :hug:

• Super Cat
    • Gateshead CP
As it says really, I am having a major panic because Hobbes has run off and is hiding somewhere in the house. He is a very nervous cat and although he has been getting on really well with my little one he still runs off at times if she gets a bit too full on. This morning as I was coming downstairs the little one got under my feet and I trod on her, she made the most awful noise as you can imagine and when I followed her upstairs I realised that Hobbes had been spooked and disappeared from the bed where he'd been. I looked everywhere but I can't find him and I'm really worried. I think he has gone under the bed in the front room which is full of junk so I can't see or reach him. I've tried everything, rattling the treats box, calling to him, desperately trying to see if I can see him. Goodness knows how he got under there with all the junk. I'm panicing becuase he's been missing 2 and a half hours now and I can't hear him or anything. I don't know if he's hurt himself, had a heart attack or what. Sorry I know I'm probably imaging the worst but it's really freaked me out. Any advice would be very welcome before I go mad  :(
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 20:06:30 PM by Ann Clarke (Tabby cat) »

Link to CatChat