Author Topic: Rehomed! No longer available. A ginger kitten  (Read 2817 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Rehomed! No longer available. A ginger kitten
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 14:43:43 PM »
Excellent news ... so pleased this little lad has found his forever home.  Thanks for all your help Andrew xxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2010, 11:41:19 AM »
 ;D Thats great news!

Thanks for the update Andrew
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2010, 11:35:45 AM »
Great news - it sounds like with your help, he has land on his paws  :Luv2:

PS - great memories of Bosham & 'Chi' fro when I used to stay with friends that lived there  :)
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Andrew

• Adult Cat
  • Ginger
Re: A ginger kitten to be rehomed (Chichester)
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2010, 10:48:52 AM »

My apology for not replying earlier -- all the previous notice of replies ended up in spam :-(

Good news -- This ginger kitten has gone to a new home in a very quiet rural area with a huge garden!

Thanks everyone for the concerns!

Andrew

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2010, 07:34:32 AM »
Any news on Alfie?
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2010, 17:58:55 PM »
He is abso-flippin-lutely gorgeous!  :Luv:

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2010, 17:57:19 PM »
I do wish a kitten would turn up at my doorstep!

I to say I am so in love with this little fella. He is gorgeous

Offline Skully

• Adult Cat
    • Pirate Pixie Crew
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2010, 14:24:24 PM »
He is adorable!

I have just been put in a similar situation as you when a tiny little black kitten turned up at my back door about 7 weeks ago. He was trying to steal food from the bowl I put out for my ex-neighbours large ginger and white cat (long story). He had absolutely no fear of the neighbours cat or of my large long haired male cat Widget but he was terrified of humans. I guessed from that behaviour he was probably feral. He was in such a skinny state and his fur was in very bad condition so I decided, feral or not I needed to get him into the house and feed him, get him checked over by the vet and see if I could get him into a better condition.

Well to cut a long story short, I had vowed I would get him happy, healthy and vet treated and then re-home him, as my elderly arthritic cat, Widget, really didn't need a bouncy annoying kitten living with him. Well as I said that was over 7 weeks ago and I have fallen madly in love with Alfie (as I named him) and he has been integrated with my cat Widget. I'd be lying to say there weren't any spats along the way or that they are best buddies, but they are getting on. Widget, being so much bigger than Alfie, can just give him a bit of a slap and that usually stops Alfie from being too bouncy around him, but I also make sure Widget can have peaceful quiet moments on his own by closing Alfie into the sitting room at night and by giving Widget , Widget only spaces in the house where Alfie can't get to due to cat flaps, so Widget can get away from Alfie if he wishes.

Alfie has brought a bit of a spark back to Widget, as if having a bit of a young whipper snapper around has reminded him how to play and that life doesn't all have to be about eating sleeping and asking for pain killers for his aches. He still gets his pain killers when he feels bad, but it seems to be less often than usual. I think chasing Alfie has done him a lot of good.

I'm telling you all this just because if you do feel you would like to keep him, maybe try integration with your wobbly legged oldie, as it just might work out for you. I'm a strong believer that cats choose us, not the other way around, and it sounds to me like you were meant to find this pretty little boy. As long as your older cat has safe places to get away from this bouncy boy and you keep a careful eye on them until you are sure they have established boundaries you could find that the wee one puts a new spring into the oldies wobble.

Good luck whatever you decide is right for all concerned.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 14:36:09 PM by Skully »

Offline Andrew

• Adult Cat
  • Ginger
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2010, 16:51:58 PM »

Hello all,

Thanks for the replies and information.

I was told by the girl working in a close-by garage that this kitten was abandoned.

I have also contacted local rescues for the past few days. They are mostly full. But two can take this kitten and they want me to proceed to vaccinate the kitten and have him neutered in a few weeks. There is also one rescue which can take this kitten straight away.

But... this kitten will probably not have too much plays and human interactions. So I believe it is better to keep him here and I can play with him.

I am very interested in direct homing and I will find out asap! It's a shame that Teresa of Paws Inn is 5 hours from me or I could probably take this kitten to Teresa -- She does fantastic jobs and she deserves much more supports!

Meanwhile, if anyone is interested in adopting this kitten, please let me know :-)

My cat is 12 yo and he has some weak hind legs.. It isn't fair to ask him to adapt right now...  Because of the scent, he is starting to hiss at me from time to time..

Andrew
(I'll post more pictures!)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2010, 14:16:27 PM »
He's lovely! :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline CatGirl

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 11:58:08 AM »
Don't you just love him? :hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 11:48:33 AM »
 :welcome: :welcome:

OMG he is gorgeous. :shify:

You obviously have a soft sport for this little lad already as you have done so much for him.  You say your senior doesn't like him... this may change once you have the little man neutered.  If you have the room in your home to accomodate a little ginger man I would urge you to persevere with the introductions (or if you are like me … just let them sort it out for themselves) and see how things go.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 06:48:16 AM »
Hi and welcome to Purrs Andrew  :welcome:

Well done for caring and doing so much for this cat already, he's lovely!

I was just wondering, have you contacted lost and found registers to check whether he's not someone's cat who has got lost? if not there are details in our Lost and Found section.

If you've already done this, and the cat is a stray it would good idea to contact rescues in your area: http://www.catchat.org/adoption/sussex.html (I've added the area to the title btw)

they will most likely be full right now but can put you on a waiting list for homing or ask for Direct Homing so he'll remain with you until a home is found.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Andrew

• Adult Cat
  • Ginger
Re: A ginger kitten to be rehomed
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 23:40:42 PM »

Another photo of Ginger.

Offline Andrew

• Adult Cat
  • Ginger
Rehomed! No longer available. A ginger kitten
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 23:39:08 PM »
Hi all,

I found a ginger kitten by a dual carriageway.

He is about 6 months old. He is very affectionate and very intelligent. However, he is a bit rough when playing (I was told this is normal for kittens) Sorry but I have no experience with kittens!

I don't think he will be happy around children.

He has been wormed and he also had his first vaccination last Friday. He was also tested for FeLV and FIY, which are both negative. He was also microchipped.

He will receive another jab in three weeks and then another three weeks later, he will be neutered.

I am looking for a family, who would love him throughout his life. A family who would love him for what he is, not what he is wanted to be.

He will come with one year's AXA insurance and lots of toys. I am based in Chichester.

I would really love to have him because gingers are very friendly and clever... But I have already had a 12 yo senior cat... And he is finding it very stressful... He really doesn't like the scent.

So if you live off major/busy road and you can give him unlimited love and care, please contact me. He will give you unlimited rewards...

Name: Ginger
Breed: moggie?
Colour/Pattern: ginger with white paws. Please see photos.
Sex: M
Current location of cat: Chichester
neutered: not yet
fully vaccinated: 1st vaccination done. Second to follow in 3 weeks.
micro chipped: Yes
de fled: Yes
wormed: Yes
Reason for coming to Rescue: abandoned
Are they used to dogs: no
Are they used to cats: no
Are they used to small animals: no
If so how do they behave around them: will hunt and kill
Are they used to children: No
Do they have any toileting problems: No.
Do they have any behaviour problems: as any kitten, he plays a bit rough. But he is very sweet and affectionate.
Do they have any medical problems: No.
Period of time they can be left alone: any reasonable
indoor/outdoor: currently indoor. But he would be much happier to go outdoor in the field or in a big garden, OFF any busy/major roads!
what type of home are you looking for: No children and no other dogs or cats. Off main/busy roads and preferably close to any field or a big garden.
Their diet any: Currently on Bozita kitten.
What litter is used: World's Best
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 10:51:32 AM by Andrew »

Link to CatChat