Author Topic: Tricked in to drinking!!  (Read 1668 times)

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
Re: Tricked in to drinking!!
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 21:44:21 PM »
I had canned salmon for lunch, of course Noah was in the kitchen like a shot.  :rofl: He happily laps up the liquid, no added salt and contains omega-3 so I am happy to oblige.  :evillaugh: If you don't make your own you can buy fresh stock from the supermarket (meaty and fishy) which is not high in salt like the cubes. Could be something to freeze into an ice cube size portions for reluctant drinkers?
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2010, 14:59:44 PM »
What a cracking idea!  ;D

I don't see mine drink....shall have to invest in a laser pointer then!  :evillaugh:

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 11:16:47 AM »
Thats brilliant!!! I will try that with Amber next time she has cystitis. Then again Amber does drink now but usually after filling her belly with food and is then sick  :sick:
love
Tab

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 00:29:44 AM »
 :wow: Noah drinks regularly when he has had a dried food meal but rarely over the summer when all food was wet or raw. The laser pointer tip will be really useful to those who worry about renal issues!
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2010, 22:34:01 PM »
Haha that's genius!

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy Fuzzlebug.
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 22:19:51 PM »
In the year & a bit that I have been Daisy Cats servant,I have never seen her drink!! Not once! I've tried all the usual suspects,leaving the tap running..(Orbits preferance!)siteing the bowl away from her food,useing cold once boiled water,fountains...nada!
So I'm butter if I know the answer!
center]Please join the Purrs save a life draw - £2 a month is all it takes!
Help the rescues to help the cats in their care plus the chance to win £££  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,38217.0.html
[/center]
[img

Offline princessmaizie

• Senior Cat
Tricked in to drinking!!
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2010, 22:01:23 PM »
I've been worried about how much Maizie is drinking for a while, she never seems to drink from her bowl and the water fountain is ignored. I running tap is popular, but I can't leave it running all the time and she only eats wet food on my insistence, she'd prefer to just have the dry.

Tonight however I've succeeded with the help of the laser pointer!!!

Usually I point it at her food dish to encourage her to finish the wet food but today (distracted by corrie!!) I pointed it at her water dish by mistake and she drank from her dish for about a minute at a time!! Clearly a laser pointer is the key for my reluctant drinker!! I hope she carries on falling for it!!  ;D

Link to CatChat