Author Topic: LUCY BLACK SMOKE PERSIAN GIRL 7YRS OLD (Homed subject to HC)  (Read 11546 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: LUCY BLACK SMOKE PERSIAN GIRL 7YRS OLD (Homed subject to HC)
« Reply #45 on: October 27, 2010, 13:39:36 PM »
Update on Lucy from Pauline:

'a couple newly retired cam to visit the cats at the weekend they have fell in love with Lucy I have told them her PKD is bad she could die in 2 weeks, 2 months or 2 yrs or longer.I told them they could not insure her due to this, they have there own buisness so money is no object.They have told me  they  feel they can give Lucy the cars and love she needs for the rest of her life however long that may be.The home check is on Friday, if it passes they are collecting her at the weekend.I have also wavered the adoption fee and I put a fee on her as I felt if they could not afford the fee they would not afford the care she will need. The owner was going to put her to sleep before I stepped in.'
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 13:41:12 PM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: LUCY BLACK SMOKE PERSIAN GIRL 7YRS OLD
« Reply #44 on: October 23, 2010, 17:31:00 PM »
Hi all, I'm locking this thread now until it's been discussed with Tan.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Ginny B.Winston, Fifi, Smartie ,Bungly,Sophie,RIP
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #43 on: October 23, 2010, 17:24:30 PM »
To be honest i think this is sickening -the same people as last time .!!!!

Please get on with your own stuff and stop being so bitchy towards others -its offputting to a lot of us on here.
Get on with your own life and work and don''t poke into others .

Funny how these people including Rockmaiden who newly appeared on this site -had a go at this rescue , stirred up loads of trouble and has now disappeared .
Its the same people that had a go last time too !
Then you start another thread threatening to leave the forum , so you can get sympathy votes off people saying don''t leave -well i for one won''t miss some of the ones if they do leave ,being so bitchy !!!!

I am so sick of this and the sarky remarks -which by the way is the lowest form of wit !

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #42 on: October 23, 2010, 16:43:09 PM »
OMG have you lot heard yourselves??? Certain people on here are getting right on my nerves!

This forum is NOT a platform to hurl insults at each other ffs!  >:( >:( :grrrrrr:

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2010, 16:26:40 PM »
Amen

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Pandora , Cody, Smudgie , Blueberry , Angel and Merlin . RIP. Ginny B , Winston , Smartie, Bungly and Sophie and Fifi
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2010, 16:24:35 PM »
Neither is Pauline -she didn''t know Kelly was posting her cats on here as she won''t come on here herself anymore due to all the hassle last time !

So, she won''t be posting anything on here -you drove her away a while ago !

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2010, 16:21:45 PM »
Chapelhouse Persian rescue charge £150 - the cats are still with their owners and not even in the rescue itself .
The  cats are rehomed from their owners and as far as i know are vaccinated and usually speyed .
This rescue STILL charges £150 !
This is said to cover home checks and vetting -all done by email only -as far as i know here no-one visits the potential owners home (well, no-one visited mine when i had Bungly , but i myself had visited the rescue twice when it was in Cheshire) .

So, how come no-one is saying anything about this charge ?

It just seems Paulines rescue is singled out every time and its always about the same thing and the same people saying it !

As i also pointed out - if a cat isn''t rehomed like Lucy , she will stay there for the rest of her life anyway !

My posts concern charges by anyone who purports to be rescuing cats, not just Pauline Anyone. I guess Chapelhouse isnt being singled out because they arent to my knowledge using Purrs as free advertising space.
As for Lucy, a little more time spent maybe telling her story to the cat lovers on Purrs in relevant section may have endeared her to someone, suprising how well that works rather than £150 price tag, money doesnt motivate us all, however it is driving many away.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2010, 16:10:01 PM »
Chapelhouse Persian rescue charge £150 - the cats are still with their owners and not even in the rescue itself .
The  cats are rehomed from their owners and as far as i know are vaccinated and usually speyed .
This rescue STILL charges £150 !
This is said to cover home checks and vetting -all done by email only -as far as i know here no-one visits the potential owners home (well, no-one visited mine when i had Bungly , but i myself had visited the rescue twice when it was in Cheshire) .

So, how come no-one is saying anything about this charge ?

It just seems Paulines rescue is singled out every time and its always about the same thing and the same people saying it !

As i also pointed out - if a cat isn''t rehomed like Lucy , she will stay there for the rest of her life anyway !

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #37 on: October 23, 2010, 11:58:51 AM »
Kirst the point I make is that this moggie rescue has NO smooth and that is why I cannot undersytand this donation system.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #36 on: October 23, 2010, 09:52:02 AM »
The rescue bdidn't specify a donation - Kelly joy at Animal Lifeline - and i guess that Stevie was lucky. I know that Kelly Joy has taken in some very poorly cats like little Peggle , so I guess in every rescue its take the rough with the smooth.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #35 on: October 23, 2010, 07:51:28 AM »
OK so lets look at Stevie, straight from previous owner, no valid vaccs etc but I remember seeing his pics and not bad condition.How much did he cost the rescue? I do know someone came to me for help with 2 ragdolls as they were asked a fee of £80 each from the rescue for putting them on the list and these were happy, healthy well cared for cats who had everything done.
Compare this to say Bonny stray moggy plus 6 kittens, desperate for rescue placement arrives in horrendous state as do most of mine(I only take desperates) Bonny has needed blood testing for everything,  fecal samples, 4 lots of courses of  medication as well as flea, worm and spay and microchip, she will also be vaccinated, her kittens have cost huge amounts for medication and have also had fecal samples taken. This one litter has cost over £1000 and this is pretty much the norm this year, if anyone thinks I am just highlighting an expensive rescue read Paws Inn updates its all there births, deaths, caesarian, blood tests post mortems.
Please someone tell me how a pedigree deserves a fee of £150  and Bonny will rehomed to a very carefully checked home where I know she will be safe for life so I dont have the worry of asking a big fee to make sure. I have recently and reluctantly asked that people make a donation and try to cover the vaccination fee of £40, I say reluctantly because deep down I see it as selling though I know I need those pennies in the pot towards the next needy one who will cost lots to put right because there is something called unconditional rescue which I do and then there is "rescue".
This is my take on things, not intended to upset anyone.

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #34 on: October 22, 2010, 22:43:59 PM »
My little Stevie did have his pedigree papers (which I am don't have as not really interested) and despite his owner personally promising his vacs card and microchip cert they never appeared. The vets he was meant to have been registered at had never heard of him or his previous owner. Rescues have to do the best with the info given them - sometimes owners fib. I actually met Stevies previous owner when I collected him (logistics made that easier for everyone) and I had no reason to believe the paperwork wouldn't be sent on , why should the rescue feel any different?

For those not in the know Stevie is a Ped BSH.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #33 on: October 22, 2010, 21:59:21 PM »
I rescue moggies or whatever is generally found in a pityful state  so everything arrives as a blank canvas and needs to see vet ,everything needs vaccinations, neutering etc.

It is my thought that most Pedigrees come with a history, vaccination card etc and whether neutered so if this is the case surely they cost less for basic rescue.

No so. As others have said pedigrees come into rescue for all of the same reasons moggies do, rarely do they arrive with history, vaccination cards etc. The mum and kittens I picked up last week were just dumped outside someone's house - mum is British Shorthair, there is no history with this little family. My foster cat Chico is a colourpoint BSH - he was roaming round our area for several years - I have no idea of his history. I've also adopted several persians where there has also been absolutely no history for the rescue to go on.

Offline Angiew

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #32 on: October 22, 2010, 21:46:58 PM »
Not wanting to fan any flames especially as I don't understand fully what is going on , but when we get ill cats in we usually end up giving them away (OK to Jill) and funding their keep and medical costs as a) they have a good life and good care with her and b) we don't have a rescue place filled up with a cat that we will not be able to home.
Jill now has 10 of our cats and it is expensive for us to support them but else we would have 10 less places.

As far as costs goes, we do ask for more for pedigrees just to stop some oik trying to make a profit by selling on a pedigree cat at an inflated cost. Obviously, if we suspected this we would not home a cat but I am sure I would be totally convinced by someone like this.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #31 on: October 22, 2010, 19:51:50 PM »
My minority voice doesn't have the strength to further my point.
If you are strong enough to do rescue you are strong enough to stand up for what you believe to be good and right  :hug: just keep it peaceful  :hug:

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #30 on: October 22, 2010, 19:26:00 PM »
Fan clubs ???????

Its just people that have had cats and dealt with this rescue who know how it works !

The only 2 pedigrees certificates i have are with the owners consent !
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 19:27:25 PM by bunglycat »

Offline littlebrambles

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
    • Little Brambles fosters cats
« Reply #29 on: October 22, 2010, 19:23:27 PM »
The pedigrees I have rescued have come from a variety of sources - some as strays neutered and unneutered, some surrendered over to me by their owner. No different to any other cat really. Rarely with an upto date vaccs certificate though. Quite often microchipped. (Interestingly enough I rehomed 4 Persians this year from an owner who supplied me with 4 completely fake vaccs certificates - not quite sure of the point of that ?)

I believe trust and confidentiality plays a huge part in rescue and although I give as much information as possible (including history and health problems) to prospective owners I most certainly wouldn't pass on any paperwork indicating their pedigree which could so easily identify their previous owner- as far as I am concerned that breaks all rules of confidentiality. Not everyone wants it to be known they have had to rehome their cat and all the reputable breed rescues that I know wouldn't pass that info on either. However, that is of course off topic.

I'm not sure why some posters seem to think that I am having a go at a certain rescue - I have no personal gripe with whom ever it is. My track record isn't as a trouble maker.

As I have previously stated (twice) the original post was to state my disgust at a pkd cat being sold for a fixed amount - I wasn't bringing into question the care it is already recieving. Shame the posts aren't read correctly. I assumed a discussion on rehoming poorly cats may have ensued - heyho!

I think I will bow out of this one - clearly fan clubs here rally the troups quickly ! My minority voice doesn't have the strength to further my point.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #28 on: October 22, 2010, 18:47:51 PM »
Well, what little i know and heard -no, some pedigrees are found roaming in bad states like normal strays and some that do come in from breeders can be bsb i believe and don''t have vaccination certificates let alone pedigrees .
I have 5 persians -only 2 have pedigrees (one from said rescue and also a certificate that says she is PKD Negative ) and one from Winstons owners who i got him direct from as they didn''t want him anymore  ( so pleased about that as i have the most wonderful cat now ).
Bungly had vaccination certificate -but that was only because the rescue had her done .
Fifi had nothing !
Smartie had vaccination certificate and so did Sophie -both of these were from CP.

So, all i can say is that a lot do not come with any vaccination certificates or pedigrees -for what reasons i am not sure . 

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #27 on: October 22, 2010, 18:39:58 PM »
Not wishing to add to any debate but I am genuinely interested in certain aspects of pedigree rescue.
I rescue moggies or whatever is generally found in a pityful state  so everything arrives as a blank canvas and needs to see vet ,everything needs vaccinations, neutering etc.
It is my thought that most Pedigrees come with a history, vaccination card etc and whether neutered so if this is the case surely they cost less for basic rescue.
Not trying to fuel any debate, if someone can tell me I have dropped down from another planet and got it all wrong I will be grateful.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #26 on: October 22, 2010, 18:35:22 PM »
I had another cat from a different rescue -they don''t exist anymore .
This cat came to me partly shaved and yet still had knots and matts as she never got groomed after the vet had shaved her . She also stank so bad of tom cat that within 24 hours i had to enlist the help of someone to bath her .

Also a few months later it came to my attention -which i immedietly passed on to Tan - a portfolia of pictures of the conditions this cat was in and many other cats too.
This included absolutely full overflowing litter trays , appalling filthy conditions which looked like a derilict place (only it wasn''t )
Some of the cats had escaped (mine had been missing for 2 days before she was found just before i had her) , got knocked down by cars , and some had bad health conditions due to the state they were kept in -filth and squalor .and consequentaily died .
This person who used to come on here -well, everyone seemed to think the sun shone out her behind - well, if you had seen the pics i saw you would have been shocked to say the least .  Thats why i passed them on to Tan as i thought that was for the best .

What i am saying is -you are hurting a completely genuine rescue here with your comments and this place is immaculate , with a kind ,caring owner who runs this independently on her own resources with a great vet who the cats see within 24 hours of coming in to her . The condition the cats are in is just immaculate after her care and devotion to them .

I know for a fact if Lucy isn''t rehomed then she will stay there .

Also , as she came in with other cats -do you expect her to say -"oh, as she is PKD positive i won''t take her " - what sort of rescue does that ???

All she is doing is trying to find a good home for her and if you discuss your concerns you might actually get somewhere if you are intested in rehoming Lucy .

If not, why are you posting about the price anyway -if not interested in her -just don''t post .
Its only in a potential owners interest to take up all the issues with the rescue !

Added to comment about someone not knowing that -well they would ring anyway surely for more info reagrding her !? If i saw a cat on a website i would be ringing first to get more information and find out what i could before i offered a home.

It just seems that some people have it in for this place and keep stiring up trouble every few weeks  -i am so sick of it that its putting me off coming on here .

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2010, 18:20:12 PM »

If you spoke to her yourself if you wanted to adopt Lucy -how do you know if the adoption fee would be the full £150 - just because it says that on the website -it doesn''t mean its set in concrete .

But someone who might be prepared to take on a time-bomb cat wouldn't know that would they?. I think the chances of anyone handing over £150 for a cat that sadly could die within months is unrealistic. It doesn't say when the ultrasound was done, but hopefully very recently.

I think that when a cat has a progressive/terminal illness, just finding someone prepared to take them on, warts and all, is enough in itself.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #24 on: October 22, 2010, 18:10:54 PM »
I agree:). As far as I am a ware all vets charge the same whether pedigree or not but in different areas of the UK vets charge different prices for treatment regardless of what breed they are.Here in Oxfordshire it much more expensive than say north Wales as the cost of living is higher in Oxford than there and therefore prices are higher in Oxford and its the same in different parts of the UK.

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #23 on: October 22, 2010, 18:01:18 PM »
I feel sorry for Pauline -the amount of hassle she has had of some people on here  :'( :'(

If you spoke to her yourself if you wanted to adopt Lucy -how do you know if the adoption fee would be the full £150 - just because it says that on the website -it doesn''t mean its set in concrete .

My vets also charge the same whether a pedigree or not -i didn''t know some vets charged more for them !!???

I am fed up of this rescue being singled out lately for no real reasons !

Offline littlebrambles

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
Re: LUCY BLACK SMOKE PERSIAN GIRL 7YRS OLD(can this post be removed please?)
« Reply #22 on: October 22, 2010, 17:26:54 PM »
. You have to remember that in some parts of the UK vets charge a lot more than they do in others and this is often the very reason rescues have to charge higher donation amounts than others.

Well let's hope that for the sake of the person who adopts her (after already paying£150) that they live in a "cheap vets" area.

My vets must be unique - they charge me the same regardless of whether the cat has a pedigree or not. I could only dream of a £150 per cat.

I have taken on board all the comments made about "good rescues" - I'm delighted to say there are hundreds of us all around the country doing exactly all those things mentioned. Fortunately for the cats we are also putting their welfare above funding.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2010, 17:17:05 PM »
Oh, dear... I don't think anyone was questioning the adoption fee per se where they, only what that adoption fee covers given this is a cat with a serious health issue.  :shify: All I personally asked is if future bills relating to this condition were covered by the rescue or not, seeing that it's important issue to know when searching for a new owner and that new owner can't get insurance cover for this.  :shy:

I guess we will never know now.  :tired

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2010, 17:15:39 PM »
so sorry to hear that :(
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
Re: LUCY BLACK SMOKE PERSIAN GIRL 7YRS OLD(can this post be removed please?)
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2010, 16:47:37 PM »
The owner of the rescue has asked for this and all her cats needing homes to be removed from the site. I am very sad how a good rescue is being treated on here.

As for the comment on selling cats, rescues couldn't give their cats away for free as otherwise they wouldn't be able to afford to treat other cats coming in and I only the rescue knows how much there vet costs are etc to be able to decide which is the best amount for their donation. You have to remember that in some parts of the UK vets charge a lot more than they do in others and this is often the very reason rescues have to charge higher donation amounts than others.

Offline Corporal Smokey

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • Amy, Cpl. Smokey and Lord Chester Red Bear <3
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2010, 16:36:23 PM »
I'm not commenting on the adoption fee as the last time this flared up it really put me off the forum but I'm not sure how a high price suddenly means a low-standard rescue. This rescue is self-funded and the cats are kept to a very high standard. Each cat has a little diary of all the dates and times of everything that's been done since it came to rescue. Potential homes (even rescue ones) are thoroughly vetted and the records are transferred to the new owner. The rescue continues to support and offer advice after homing.

Just want to politely clear that up and stop people worrying before another witchunt begins. 
Ashfield and Amber Valley Cats Protection and Cat Chat

http://www.catchat.org/ashfield/cgibin/prtoc.cgi
http://www.ashfieldcats.org.uk
http://www.catchat.org/topcats

True love is rescued. Miss you always Josh and Hope xx

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2010, 16:36:10 PM »
Last post now - if i had the room i would take her in a flash !

Offline littlebrambles

• Cat Rescue
  • Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2010, 16:22:08 PM »
My original post was simply to state how appalled I am that anyone could be asking £150 for a cat with a life limiting and horrible health problem.

I only rehome cats to the very best homes and fully understand how difficult it is at this time to find great homes for young and healthy adult cats.

If I had a cat with specific needs (such as pkd) I would feel I had won the lottery if someone offered her a good home AND offered me a donation too. My only concern would be the quality of the home and their level of understanding of the illness. I would never ever put the need for funding ahead of the welfare of any animal.

Far better to forgo the donation and get her into a great home so that she can enjoy the rest of her time.

To me it doesn't matter how it's dressed up - it's selling cats and I don't agree with it. I don't need anyone to persuade me otherwise.

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2010, 16:08:43 PM »
Totally agree with you :hug: We have checked this rescue out and are more than happy with the care the cats are getting.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 16:22:51 PM by kelly-joy »

Offline bunglycat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2010, 16:01:35 PM »
Well, i am going to make one post on here and thats all.
I got Pandora from the rescue that a few people on here (one who has since disappeared after stirring up trouble for them ) has had issues with regarding the price of the cats.

I have visited a few of these rescues and i can say that ALL persian rescues charge the same price for their cats and some considerably more , especially for kittens .

Iknow some of you disagre with that - BUT its no reason to keep going on about it as thats what they charge and have done for many years .

Bungly was the only one of mine i paid a lot for and she came from a persian rescue - she was beautifully groomed , speyed and vaccinated -cost £120 - approx 6 years ago .

Pandora came to me in exactly the same condition -beautifully groomed , speyed , vaccinated and with all pedigree and vaccination certificates.  I have also got the  person at the end of the phone if i needed any advice or problems (which touch wood i haven''t )

Rescues are doing a fantastic job in this time for the amount of cats they have coming in - why can''t people just accept different rescues have different ways etc.
At the end of the day -all good rescues want whats best for their cats .

Please stop causing trouble for them and stirring up issues without even speaking yourselves to the people who are actually running the rescue and rehoming the cats - you may be pleasantly suprised after discussing your issues with them .

Its better than stirring up trouble on a forum !
All you are doing  is alienating people from coming on here .
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 16:03:07 PM by bunglycat »

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2010, 09:21:33 AM »
PM sent

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 09:18:38 AM »
All rescues I have cross posted for has the animals Vaccinated,de flead,wormed a vet treated with anything else the vet feels they need as well.   

I have my own opinions and do not wish to get involved on this thread, however I am deeply concerned that you should take time to visit rescues you are advertising as the statement above is NOT true. I noticed one kitten at least unvacc for sale £40 on your site and on here, ( this is the norm for the rescue I will not name)

Please pm me and tell me who this rescue is,We have strong views that all rescues should be vaccinating their cats before being homed, so if you know differently then do let us know. We have visited 2 of the rescues I cross posted for on here and were happy at the time that these rescues were doing everything by the book. We sadly can't visit every rescue we have on our site as you know they are darted all over the UK but we do try to check out as many as we can and any that we don't feel are doing everything by the book we remove from our site as simple as that.
Good Luck with rehoming.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 09:07:47 AM »
All rescues I have cross posted for has the animals Vaccinated,de flead,wormed a vet treated with anything else the vet feels they need as well.   

I have my own opinions and do not wish to get involved on this thread, however I am deeply concerned that you should take time to visit rescues you are advertising as the statement above is NOT true. I noticed one kitten at least unvacc for sale £40 on your site and on here, ( this is the norm for the rescue I will not name)

Good Luck with rehoming.

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 08:52:43 AM »
I appreciate that, Kelly-Joy, and look forward to the answer. I accept they are being honest about pre-existing conditions but in truth they can't very well do anything else, can they? When this puss becomes sick, as it almost certainly will, should it come to light in the rescue's vet records that PKD was already known about and the new owner not told, the rescue lays itself open to all kinds of legal action.  :innocent:

I just think it's best to lay out all the information possible when appealing for homes and I concider this information to be vital when cross-posting an adoption plea for a cat with this type of problem... after all, the new owner will not be able to obtain insurance cover for any symptoms related to PKD.  :shy:

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 08:10:29 AM »
I will ask the rescue in question and get back to you. With rescues permissions I cross posted cats from their rescues needing homes in the hope that we could hopefully get more homes and free up much needed rescue places. Some rescues just don't have the money to fund long term cat illnesses but they are open and honest about per existing conditions of the cat so that anyone interested in adopting them is aware of the full facts before they decide to adopt them. All rescues I have cross posted for has the animals Vaccinated,de flead,wormed a vet treated with anything else the vet feels they need as well.   

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 00:40:33 AM »
When I adopted Alice, naturally we started insurance. The vet said it was possible the cancer would come back in the lymphs. Sharon said that any cancer-related treatment would be covered by the branch. Thankfully there has been no sign of it coming back - luckily OH would be able to afford treatment and wouldn't expect the branch to pay, but not everyone is lucky enough to be in that position.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 08:10:13 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2010, 23:40:30 PM »
I can't comment on another rescues Donation fee but I know she will have have 2nd Vacs and any other treatment she needs before she goes to her new home

Hi, Kelly-Joy. As you have posted this we have to assume you are acting with the rescue's consent and as their agent... perhaps you can confirm if all future vet bills relating to this pre-existing condition will be covered by the rescue?  :shy:

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 21:22:48 PM »
My little persian Bina died from PKD and I wouldnt wish it on anyone - have to agree that £150 is a lot of money for a cat with existing medical problems.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Link to CatChat