Author Topic: Transport help Surrey to Rushden Northampton 23rd Oct (sorted)  (Read 3455 times)

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
Sorted
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 19:39:37 PM »
This has now been sorted ;D

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
Re: Transport help Surrey to Rushden Northampton 23rd Oct
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2010, 10:53:32 AM »
Not sure, but best not to risk it, if she does cancel can you please email me on kelly-joy@animallifelineuk.org ;D

Offline madamcat (Edd)

• Hero Cat
Re: Transport help Surrey to Rushden Northampton 23rd Oct
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 10:39:27 AM »
Hi Kelly

I would offer to transport this cat from the M25 (surrey) to Northampton.

However, on the Friday, I am transporting an OAP and her cat to the RSPCA in Putney. The cat is 3 years old and has severe gingivitis - going for a dental.  There is a question about the underlying cause - long story. Although that cat is currently vaccinated there may be a need to test for Calchi and Herpes as before vaccination, it was in a multi cat household where all the cats were unvaccinated and another cat was allegedly diagnosed as a flu carrier.

So under 24 hrs of having the cat in my car and then the Persian (who is unvaccinated) - would that be a risk?

If so, if she cancels (has done that once already  >:() or another date I could do M25 Surrey to Northampton.   
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 10:40:30 AM by Edd »

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
Transport help Surrey to Rushden Northampton 23rd Oct (sorted)
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2010, 17:42:48 PM »
What would you like help with? Transport
Contact/Rescue Organisation:Rushden Persian rescue
Do you have the rescues permission to post this request? yes
Do you take full responsibility for coordinating the transport run?yes
(eg. ensuring that all volunteers have contact details of the rescue and others involved in the run, and know changeover times, locations, etc.)
Will paperwork/documentation be passed on with the animal?handover form that must be filled in and signed by owner before cat is taken

*****Please note, documentation MUST be available for the individual/organisation to sign to relinquish the animal and transferred to each volunteer to hand over to the receiving party. We always recommend that a copy be kept by the rescue coordinating the run.*****

Number of animals: 1
Type/Breed:Persian
Name(s):Minky
Sex:female
Age(s):8-10yrs
Colours: Blue tortie
Neutered: unknown
Vaccinated:no
Any known medical issues:no
Any known behavioural Issues:no

Any other information:would like this to be done next Saturday 23rd Oct

If any member requires further information about the animal(s) please contact the rescue concerned directly.

Location Start: County & Postcode Surrey
Location End: County & Postcode Rushden

Please note: All volunteers who offer transport must first check with their insurance company that they are insured to do so. Animal Lifeline cannot take any responsibility for members who do not.

We strongly advise volunteers not to take their own animals or young children when transporting unknown dogs.

Please pm me or email me at kelly-joy@animallifelineuk.org if you can help:)
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 20:01:03 PM by kelly-joy »

Link to CatChat