Author Topic: Favourite Beds?  (Read 2577 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Favourite Beds?
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 17:36:13 PM »
We have lots of beds that mostly get ignored except for these flat donut ones. They use the edges as a pillow. Lazarus has 2 other beds that he has ignored for the last week but used the donut the same day.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Elanor3

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Indie, Ember, Fig
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 15:24:30 PM »
ember's fav bed is me at the moment, Indies a cardboard box we have had to keep for months as he sleeps in it (despite the fact he doesn't actually FIT in it) and fig likes the table!!  I have several cat beds, had hooded ones they ignored until I gave them to my dad for his new furbabe, donut beds that are hardly ever used and I had a big dog bed from a lovely cousin but fig peed in it until I couldn't get the smell out .... * SIGH * well at least they are comfy!!   :Luv2:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2011, 08:50:07 AM »
I know I have said it before, but these flat donut beds really go down well. As much as I liked the idea of Laz on the bed last night, I also wanted to sleep. I know he likes to sleep under the bed sometimes so I ordered another one which came yesterday. When I was trying to settle down and read last night he was nuzzling my face, tlking to me, lying across my arm etc.  :Crazy: - at one point he jumped down to eat (around 2am  :Crazy: ) and that was it until 7am. I looked under the bed and he was fast asleep on it  :Luv2:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-LUXURY-DOG-CAT-WARM-FLEECE-SNUG-BED-24-/290404938206?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&hash=item439d7bb1de

I had forgotten about this thread and couldn't find them (they didn't show on my eBay history either)

So ordered this even cheaper and similar-looking one http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110595977295&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

The only difference is that the underneath is crinkly thick nylon fabric rather than canvas. I prefer the first one but Laz was happy with what he got  :evillaugh:

Just to add - I can confirm that the one in the first link washed up well at 60o - in fact even better than the more expensive Savic ones.

« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 11:31:17 AM by Mark »

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy Fuzzlebug.
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2010, 21:56:29 PM »
I'm lucky that I get the sun on the front in the morning & in the back afternoons,so Daisy likes to lie on the living room windowsill or the bathroom windowsill,normally tho,she curls up on the turned down bed quilt.
center]Please join the Purrs save a life draw - £2 a month is all it takes!
Help the rescues to help the cats in their care plus the chance to win £££  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,38217.0.html
[/center]
[img

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2010, 16:20:54 PM »
I had another one of the fleece beds in the post today. I got them as a cheap version of the savic dog cage pads but they are actually more padded. I just hope they wash up as well. I had to wash a Savic one at 60o the other day as Spike went into Kylie's kennel and pooed on it  :sick: - it didn't shrink and is fine  :)

This is the 24" but they do smaller ones for normal sized cats  :evillaugh: and bigger ones for dogs.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 21:33:06 PM by Mark »

Offline snarf

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Bridge babies Lucifer & Neko. Sparecat, Saph
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2010, 22:22:31 PM »
they have 2 igloo type beds that were used for the first week and now only sporadically (generally when i think about donating them..)
Spare cat (princess that she is) has a folded kingsize duvet in front of the radiator in my room that she sleeps on by night. my bed (again duvet piled up- single thickness is apparently just not squishy enough) by day and an upside down lap tray on top of the fridge freezer for evening and weekends (proximaty to kitchen when tin opener human is about is a neccesity) during the winter daytimes she often relocates to a huge flat beanbag (see avatar) by the radiator that she has claimed

Lucifer has bed by night- always by my left foot  :shocked: an old wicker hamper with a cushion in it on a sideboard in the kitchen for day time (hes not a princess and did sleep in the hamper before i added the cushion) and rotates through my lap, a shoebox and the table protector on the dining table in the living room for evenings/ weekends

Neko has not decided yet  :shify: but is showing less fear of the radiator bed than everyone else... :crossed:

Sparecat would totally love that bed mark, she has a deffinite preference for something along her back and something she can sink into. soooo tempting but i think she have to make do  :rofl:

Offline Den

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2010, 21:40:29 PM »
Memphis never used to sleep in any beds. I was in Jollyes earlier this year and fell in love with a bed ... I got it thinking he might not use it. Well he shocked me as he sleeps in it every single night and he stays put. There are some days where he's so comfy that it takes him ages to get up in the morning. Yesterday, he didn't get out of bed until 10:20am. He still ignores all the other beds though.

lay me down, let me go, feeling heavy the ground is cold,
lay me down take it slow I'm ready to stumble, sing & then swing low
~Use your mutant powers, just talk people to death~

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2010, 21:31:34 PM »
None, Darcy went through a stage of about a week where he would sleep in the spotty donut bed but other than that they've all remained untouched. They usually just sleep on a cushion or the arm of the sofa, but only if there's no jackets/jumpers lying around

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2010, 13:48:49 PM »
Max would occasionally go into his igloo bed, but could take it or leave it.

Poot on the other hand has to be surgically separated from his donut bed, he absolutely loves it  :Luv2:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Lindsey (thefunkyinuit)

• Senior Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2010, 12:28:25 PM »
Lacie's favourite places to sleep are the windowsill with or without snuggley blanket  :Luv:
and the squishy footstool which dips in the middle. She also likes to nap next to me on the settee, sometimes in her doughnut bed and on my pillow/head when shes waiting for me to get up and feed her in the morning!  :innocent:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 08:10:30 AM »
I was feeling lazy last night and threw my jeans down on the dressing table instead of putting them in the wardrobe.  Mosi decided they made a great bed last night.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 08:07:45 AM »
My bed is the most popular, and they all fight over who gets on the heated bed on it!! Zi does love to sleep under the radiator in the bathroom, but I can't put a bed there or Buster wees in it. IF he isn't upstairs, he is either on the sofa or the windowsill.
Please spay your cat

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2010, 06:57:54 AM »
Peppy won't get in a bed, Byron did for a while but stopped, Schui would never get in a bed either.  Our first cat Penny loved her igloo and Squeaky loved his radiator bed.  Smokey and Timmy bless them would get in any bed  :).

eta: Byron would get in my bed though given the chance  :evillaugh: she just loved to be with me all the time  :Luv2:

« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 07:00:34 AM by Janeyk »
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2010, 00:02:06 AM »
mine
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 23:41:36 PM »
The Ikea chaise is very popular; Sage, Astryd and Darwin all use it. Other than that, the wicker basket (Sage) and the radiator beds (Astryd and Darwin) are pretty loved.

Both Carrie and Jack loved the heated pet beds, and Parsley liked wicker basket beds too. Toby wasn't a big fan of cat beds and was seen most regularly on the futon!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Favourite Beds?
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 23:30:12 PM »
Kylie has a few favourites, but at the moment, she loves this one - The sides support their head and it is big enough for a big cat to stretch out  :Luv2: - Probably the cheapest bed I have ever bought  :evillaugh:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BRAND-NEW-LUXURY-DOG-CAT-WARM-FLEECE-SNUG-BED-24-/290404938206?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Dogs&hash=item439d7bb1de

Link to CatChat