Author Topic: Kitten needing a special home - Yorkshire (Homed)  (Read 2994 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Kitten needing a special home - Yorkshire (Homed)
« Reply #10 on: April 05, 2011, 09:34:58 AM »
Great  :) will move this now then  :thanks:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline suef

• Kitten
Re: Kitten needing a special home - Yorkshire
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 09:26:54 AM »
Sorry, I forgot to post  - she is very happily settled in a new home with another kitten. Her eyes rarely water anymore, so it is a happy ending   ;D

Thank you,   Sue

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 07:18:14 AM »
Any news please?
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2010, 14:50:42 PM »
Have you tried this stuff?  My vet told me it was a immune system booster and all my cats love it

Offline suef

• Kitten
« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2010, 13:45:54 PM »
Actually she has been amazingly well the last few days - it's as if she knows! - so maybe she'll be able to stay after all :)

Sue

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2010, 13:04:03 PM »
She is beautiful!  :Luv:  It must be a wrench for you to have to part with her, especially as she's not 100% healthy.  Fingers crossed someone can offer her a forever home where she can thrive.

Offline suef

• Kitten
Re: Kitten needing a special home
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 17:07:34 PM »
I'm in Yorkshire - she has obviously been an indoor cat so far, but it would be entirely up to her new owner. Ocicats love everybody, so are very easy to steal - if someone spoke to her she'd go with them quite happily. Several (not of my breeding) have been let out never to be seen again!

Sue

Offline cazzer

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 16:49:47 PM »
oh my goodness she is beautiful.     I know how you feel I had to rehome my much loved raggie Beau this year.     He too was a herpes carrier and was getting very stressed in my multi cat house and kept on getting very severe eye problems.       Since he has gone to be a single cat he's not had any flare ups so although at the time it was very hard to say goodbye I know I made the right decision.
Slave to Kalle, Kyrre, Karlo, Kaisa, Kassiopeia, Keshet, Kgosi and Ginger

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 16:47:30 PM »
Hi Sue - whereabouts are you? Does this little girl need to be indoor only? :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline suef

• Kitten
Kitten needing a special home - Yorkshire (Homed)
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 16:30:14 PM »
Hiya!   I have an 8 month old Ocicat kitten, very pretty, affectionate and playful, who has had runny eyes and the occasional sneeze intermittently since her second vaccination. Whether it was a "bad" batch of vaccine - her litter mates were also affected but rapidly improved when treated with antibiotics - or whether they caught something whilst at the vets I do not know. She is now a herpes carrier, and needs regular courses of antibiotics to avoid secondary infections whenever she is stressed and her eyes run. She goes days, sometimes weeks, looking fine - then something will happen and it flares up and her eyes run for a few days before they settle down again.  My vet has been working with me to try to help her completely shed the virus and make a full recovery, but we now agree that she needs a quieter home than mine, where she will be able to settle into a routine and hopefully get better. My house is chaos, with many visitors, all my cats, dogs and other animals, 2 children at weekends, and no two days are the same! I hate to part with her whilst she is not 100%, but realise that at the moment life for her is a vicious circle, shedding the virus and starting to recover, then getting stressed and suffering again. She lives in the house with my other vaccinated cats, and none of them have shown any signs of catching it from her. However, I daren't let her near my litters of unvaccinated kittens, which is also making life difficult all round, with constant hand-washing, changes of clothing, etc when I have new kittens. If anyone feels they could offer her a loving permanent home, possibly with the company of a vaccinated cat (she loves company) or a person at home all day (Ocicats are not good at being left alone for long hours) and feels they can cope with having to wipe runny eyes occasionally if it flares up, please contact me with details of the home you could offer. I am very upset about having to part with her, and a home I am happy with is essential. I am not asking anything for her, although would appreciate a contribution towards her spaying - she was originally going to be my new show/breed girl so you can tell how beautiful she is, and she is one of the most affectionate kittens I have ever been lucky enough to breed   :-)
Thank you, Sue
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 09:34:31 AM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat