Author Topic: Ever wondered what your cats get up to overnight? Time lapse video of the boys!  (Read 2439 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
That was great  ;D

I know that my big cats spend most of the dark hours outside unless its very hard rain. The birmans sleep on the bed and get up from time to time and a couple of nights ago I was eventually woken by cats walking backwards and forwards across me..............I wonder how long they had ben doing that!

Usually when I wake up both birmans hemming me in on the bed and possibly Misa but he is usually spread out on the floor.

Wish mine would sleep in a cat bed or on a blanket but none do except Ducha who sleeps in his bed during the day.

Looking forward to more videos Helen  ;D

Offline fluffybunny

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Geoffrey and Milly
Awesome!  I love the bits where a cat appears for a second and then disappears again in the next shot  :rofl: And also the bit where one was usurped from their comfy bed by the other  :rofl:

I have always assumed he stays there all the time but  maybe he's up and down all night and I'm none the wiser!

Yes I was thinking the same about mine!

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
Love it! :Luv2:

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
I often wonder what Hobbes gets up to in the night because I often come down to find his play cube halfway across the living room, toys all over the place and his scratching post off at an angle  :rofl: he then comes upstairs and lies on the end of the bed and when I wake up he looks at me as if to say no meowmy I've been here all night  :innocent: Heaven help me when there are two of them  :rofl:

Offline Zenith (Liz)

• Hero Cat
  • Liz, Mia and Nova
I really like that :)  Poor food deprived babies though  :evillaugh: they'd probably be sleeping more than that if they had food down!

Offline Cooper & Peanut

• Distinguished Cat
It so like a crime watch CCTV thing! Love it!

Totally! That was fab! A little insight into the life of cats  ;D

Offline Shiroi-Neko

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ai-Chan & Tora
It so like a crime watch CCTV thing! Love it!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
It's going to get even better  :sneaky: I just ordered a wide angle lens to add on to the webcam as half the room wasn't captured. It's coming from Hong Kong though so my excitement will have to wait  :evillaugh:

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Ace Helen.  Just Ace  :)

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
That's brilliant  ;D

Riley was very active the food bowl department, poor deprived lad  :rofl: :rofl:

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
Ella and Effie always seem to be in the same place when I get up for work and look at me like I have ruined their sleep. This is probably why they ramraid the bedroom at the weekend. REVENGE!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
Susanne, that was only water down for them as they are on a chicken only diet at the mo. I think Riley was so pissed off with having no food to munch on he kept gover over to the water to check if more food had materialised  :evillaugh:

Arn't they figgets ....didn't sleep much lol

See I was actually surprised at how much they did sleep, I thought it would be less than that!

I wish I'd known about the video stich thing yesterday as the night before last I'd set it to capture an image every 60 secs so it would have been more action packed   :rofl: You can actually set it to take a pic every second but that would be a 9 hour long video - a bit OTT  :evillaugh:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
That is so cute!  I'm actually surprised by how often they shift position or get up to have a drink/food.  When I go to sleep at night Jaffa is usually snoozing on the bed beside me and when I wake up several hours later he's usually in the same place.  I have always assumed he stays there all the time but  maybe he's up and down all night and I'm none the wiser!

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
Arn't they figgets ....didn't sleep much lol

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
As the boys have been poorly lately I've been putting them in the living room overnight with their litter trays etc to limit any potential damage if they have more explosive diarrhoea.

I'm on night shifts at the moment so set up the webcam so I can check what they're up to on my break. I didn't realise until now but you can 'video stitch' all the images taken together to make a little video  :naughty: I'd set the webcam to take images every 5 mins so it's only a short video of less than 2 mins that condenses what they got up to.

So, while this isn't the most exciting video it shows that cats really don't get up to much in their owners absence! The cutest part was that at 06:47 the boys were expecting me home and waited patiently by the door for me  :Luv2: I don't always work nights so they are very clever to know when to expect me  :)

Click on the pic to start...

Link to CatChat