Author Topic: Overheard conversation in vets  (Read 2434 times)

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
Re: Overheard conversation in vets
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 13:53:22 PM »
My vet has put up the MyMoggy posters I gave them at both branches.  If anyone wants a MyMoggy poster, I'm Sue will be happy to email the latest one for you to print off: contact sue@mymoggy.com

I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2007, 09:41:02 AM »
I have never seen the poster up at my vets that Saffy gave me - will get another one printed next week and take it up, and will get one sent to the rescue's vet too.
Please spay your cat

fuzziesdad

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 22:51:56 PM »
I am pretty sure that a good percentage of vets have been given the details of mymoggy I know that sue and saffy blitzed vets but that might have been some time ago.
On a personal note all the vets in my area have the details of my site and most of the referrals locally come from them.....but I also get some from local chapels and libraries.
I do find unless the person you have contacted at the vet has suffered the loss(missing) of a cat its not a priority unfortunately >:( 

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 22:34:53 PM »
i might do somethign similar actually, that is a very good idea.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 20:05:37 PM »
Good idea Sam - I need to get a new printer as the other one has died on me but I will do something  ;D
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 19:48:24 PM »
Maybe you could print the list of useful info and leave with the vets!  Just an idea.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Overheard conversation in vets
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 19:45:50 PM »
When I went in tonight the receptionist was taking a call from someone who's cat had disappeared. She took some details and said she would put it on their website. She also suggested calling other vets in the area "as people are likely to take a stray cat to their own vet". That was it. I'm surprised they don't have a list of resources to give people.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Link to CatChat