Author Topic: 'Pink' cat dumped was a sick prank.  (Read 5950 times)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
Re: 'Pink' cat dumped was a sick prank.
« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2010, 12:48:21 PM »
Don't forget the original story stated 'The resident who saw Pink being thrown into their back garden - so who threw the cat then?

And yes, those 'painted' cats are photoshopped.  ;)

Offline EffieHodgkinson

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Migs
« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2010, 12:26:15 PM »
Haha I also wondered if they had been photoshopped, my cats wouldn't sit still well enough to be painted that neatly... unless they were asleep but if you touch them they tend to then squirm happily lol!

Offline Lindsey (thefunkyinuit)

• Senior Cat
« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2010, 12:20:14 PM »
Totally agree Teresa  :hug:

It seems that dying cats is all the rage .... check these out!  Have to say some of them are really nice  :innocent:
http://www.eyesofobserver.com/dyed-cats-amazing-pictures/

Hehe, defo, most if not all of those are photoshop jobs  ;)

Offline Pinkbear (Julie)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
  • Where are we supposed to sleep, then?
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2010, 12:19:10 PM »
Have to say my first reaction was that it was done by someone who cared as they went to the effort of not getting any near the eyes or mouth. So long as it's food colouring and not toxic, as unpopular as it may seem to some here, I don't see that any real harm has been done. It may not be to my taste but pud doesn't look over traumatised to me... I've seen and heard of far more barbaric faddy things happening to cats. The pierced kitten from a while back is far worse.  :shy: Fantastic thread, Sam!  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I'm not convinced at least a few of those haven't been photo-shopped though.  :innocent: Like the tartan puss.  :) Don't think it's real though.  :tired:

Offline EffieHodgkinson

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Migs
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2010, 11:58:35 AM »
I accidently got a splodge of dark hair dye on Migs when doing my hair and extensions. Shut the bathroom door but knowing I was in she managed to shove the door open... I stupidly put hair dye covered glove out to stop her getting too close to the dye covered extensions on the floor and got a bit on her. Washed it off and after about 8 weeks it is barely noticeable now. Accidents happen ie the person that got paint on their cat (flea brushed his tail against a wet wall once) but obviously pink cat wasn't!

I agree with the post 2 down that the rspca really ought to spent more time on other more serious problems.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2010, 11:34:07 AM »
Totally agree Teresa  :hug:

It seems that dying cats is all the rage .... check these out!  Have to say some of them are really nice  :innocent:
http://www.eyesofobserver.com/dyed-cats-amazing-pictures/
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2010, 11:17:31 AM »
Maybe I am speaking out of turn but I am sick of hearing about valuable resources being wasted by RSPCA on incidents which I dont class as serious cruelty or neglent like wheelie bins and now pink dye.
I took in 3 kittens from a bin last month, does anyone care NO
I have been tempted to put dye on bottlefeds when I have been so exhausted and unable to tell them apart, would anyone have cared NO.

So why the heck are people not noticing all the money this group are wasting which should be being spent on proper animal welfare.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2010, 11:04:03 AM »
Theres been an update on this, the owner has come forward, she said she dyed her with food colouring to match her own hair  >:(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1315554/Natasha-Gregory-dyed-cat-pink-match-hair.html

Stupid dozy mare!   Least it was non toxic and the kitty has an owner I suppose!

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2010, 22:29:32 PM »
I stand by my initial diagnosis = chav

Offline Lindsey (thefunkyinuit)

• Senior Cat
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2010, 19:41:12 PM »
Theres been an update on this, the owner has come forward, she said she dyed her with food colouring to match her own hair  >:(

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1315554/Natasha-Gregory-dyed-cat-pink-match-hair.html

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2010, 22:52:42 PM »
Maybe it was food colouring? although I would have thought that would have just washed out?

Perhaps, but how would the vet know it was only food colouring?  :-:
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2010, 22:46:58 PM »
I wasn't aware there was any permanent hair dye that is non-toxic? Women are advised not to colour their hair whilst pregnant. How can the vet be sure the dye is non-toxic unless the box was chucked over the fence with the cat?  >:(

Maybe it was food colouring? although I would have thought that would have just washed out?

Offline Sayj

• Adult Cat
    • www.cheekyrats.com
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2010, 22:30:25 PM »
 :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored: :censored:This is disgraceful behaviour it makes me so angry and upset that people could do such a thing >:( >:( >:( I don't know what I would do if someone did that to my Rosie >:( >:( >:(
All my kids have fur and tails :) x

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2010, 18:44:37 PM »
I wasn't aware there was any permanent hair dye that is non-toxic? Women are advised not to colour their hair whilst pregnant. How can the vet be sure the dye is non-toxic unless the box was chucked over the fence with the cat?  >:( 
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline jezebel

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Vincent, RIP beautiful Drum & Bass sisters and the lovely Bruce
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 16:45:35 PM »
I think being thrown over a fence is the worst bit though - the pink looks stupid but at least they kept the stuff away from her face.

I saw something in the Metro yesterday about Victoria Beckham painting her dog's claws with "doggie" nail varnish. FFS!
You can't change the world by rescuing one cat, but for that one cat you are changing its world.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 21:36:29 PM »
WTF is going on in someones head to do that to a cat.  Although it is a nice shade of pink .... it ain't a good look for a cat! 

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 20:24:35 PM »
No hold on. I am fuming! THAT is disgsuting! what goes on in these bloody chavs heads!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

What makes you think it was a chav? It probably was, but the woman who put the cat in the bin was a middle-aged respectable looking lady, and no-one saw who it was that dyed the cat. I think chavs probably wouldn't care to keep the cat's face free from dye, sounds more like a moronic Paris Hilton-esque act to me. Have you seen all those pictures of dogs that have been dyed to look like tigers and pandas and things? Maybe that influenced this idiot to do the same thing.

That is what I thought tho a cheap Paris Hilton, or even worse Katie Price Wannabe! for me that is a chav!   :briggin:

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy Fuzzlebug.
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 20:10:56 PM »
No hold on. I am fuming! THAT is disgsuting! what goes on in these bloody chavs heads!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

What makes you think it was a chav? It probably was, but the woman who put the cat in the bin was a middle-aged respectable looking lady, and no-one saw who it was that dyed the cat. I think chavs probably wouldn't care to keep the cat's face free from dye, sounds more like a moronic Paris Hilton-esque act to me. Have you seen all those pictures of dogs that have been dyed to look like tigers and pandas and things? Maybe that influenced this idiot to do the same thing.

The was an episode on 'Animal Precinct' where one of the agents rescued 40 odd chicks from a petshop where they had been dyed in various colours as a new fashion craze.
After seeing the pic & reading the article,I'm inclined to agree it's someone trying the Paris Hilton route..

Mind you,Daisy did get some pink on her...And I got Daisy on my freshly painted walls!... ;D
center]Please join the Purrs save a life draw - £2 a month is all it takes!
Help the rescues to help the cats in their care plus the chance to win £££  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,38217.0.html
[/center]
[img

Offline Claire_smc

• Hero Cat
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 20:02:28 PM »

'I love my cats because I love my home, and after a while they become its visible soul'

'I have studied many philsophers and many cats. The wisdom of cats is infinitely superior'

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 19:25:27 PM »
 :( :( :( Awful. I hope they catch the  :censored: :censored:

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 18:28:21 PM »

Offline Guest

• Hero Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 18:27:36 PM »
I am speechless.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 18:28:35 PM by Ella & Effie »

Offline mervyn7451

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to: Daisy Fuzzlebug.
'Pink' cat dumped was a sick prank.
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 16:30:43 PM »
I hope that this isn't the start of a new fashion trend..Hope they get the  :censored: that did this! >:(

The animal charity is trying to trace the owner of the animal, which was thrown over a fence into a back garden in Swindon, Wiltshire.

The dye is not toxic but failed to budge with washing, and the vet caring for the cat - nicknamed Pink - said further washes could cause her a lot of stress with little result.

Veterinary surgeon Penny Gillespie, who is looking after Pink at Cheldene Veterinary Centre and Boarding Cattery in Aldbourne, Marlborough, said: "The person responsible has covered her thoroughly all over but avoided putting any around the animal's eyes and nose. Further washing would stress Pink and probably would not help to remove the colour so it will be case of waiting for it to grow out."

The resident who saw Pink being thrown into their back garden in Wesley Street, Swindon, at 10.30pm on Saturday did not see the person responsible but called the RSPCA.

The naturally white female cat, aged between one and two, is in good health and the fur pattern around her neck suggests she wore a collar until recently.

An RSPCA spokesman said it cannot rule out the possibility the cat is someone's missing pet which was dyed as "a sick prank".

Animal welfare officer Carl Hone, who is investigating for the charity, said: "When I got the call I thought perhaps it would be a cat with something natural on their coat or which had rubbed against wet paint but this poor creature has been dyed completely pink, except around her eyes and nose, so she looks like she has a white mask on.

"We are very keen to trace the person responsible for doing this to the cat and I would urge anyone with information, or who knows who she belongs to, to please call the RSPCA."

Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call the RSPCA cruelty and information line on 0300 1234 999.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100924/tuk-pink-cat-found-dumped-in-garden-6323e80.html
center]Please join the Purrs save a life draw - £2 a month is all it takes!
Help the rescues to help the cats in their care plus the chance to win £££  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,38217.0.html
[/center]
[img

Link to CatChat