Author Topic: *URGENT* Affectionate Female cat in need of good home - Salford Manchester (Homed)  (Read 3459 times)

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
 ;D Great news

will move this to sorted now  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Jiji

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Algernon & Noodle
Re: *URGENT* Affectionate Female cat in need of good home - Salford Manchester
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 13:20:35 PM »
Happy she has found a new home. 

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 12:49:38 PM »
That is wonderful news. :hug:

Offline Kirst

• Moderating Staff
  • Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Beavis , Jerry , Gizmo , Stevie and Fredcat
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 12:48:28 PM »
Thats great news -  ;D

Offline VBmole

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Angel
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 12:11:00 PM »
I have just been contacted by an elderly gentleman who I used to work with. He is recently retired and would like to adopt angel as he lives on his own and would like the company!

He has even offered to keep me updated while i'm in germany!

Thanks for all your help.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 10:18:15 AM »
Going through a rescue is good because most will source the exact home for your cat and will do home checks etc which is good.

If you're not happy about them in a rescue Direct Homing is good because they do all those things but the cat stays with you until a home is found.

I would post on Cat Chat though if not already done so.

Offline VBmole

• Kitten
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2010, 10:12:23 AM »
No I just found out on Monday and things have moved very quickly since then, so they have given me 2 months to relocate. To be honest, at first I wasn't even considering a shelter, I saw it as a last resort, I thought I would be able to direct rehome her but I guess I didn't even realise how many cats are in need of homes at the moment. When I rang for advice - they gave me a good idea! I have also put some posters up in my work and hopefully I will be able to find someone I know to care for her.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2010, 10:02:58 AM »
Most rescues will be full unfortunately, I take it that you didn't know about the move until recently?

You could also try posting on the Cat Chat forum if not already done so.

Offline VBmole

• Kitten
Re: *URGENT* Affectionate Female cat in need of good home
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 08:54:26 AM »
I have rang a few rescue centres, but to be honest I have not had much luck. I am finding I'm being a bit judged by some of them which is just what I don't need at the moment. One email I was sent said basically they are full with abandoned cats who have been waiting for years to be rehomed so why don't I try posting adverts on preloved or gumtree.

So I am trying to take a more proactive approach.

Hope someone can help.

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 08:52:11 AM »
That's ok  :)  I've added the area to the title.

Offline VBmole

• Kitten
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 08:49:56 AM »
Of course-I'm sorry I'm a bit new to this.

I live in Salford, Manchester. But I would consider taking her to another area provided the home and people were suitable.

Is there any other Info I should add?

Thanks 

Offline Janeyk

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 08:45:14 AM »
Hi and welcome,

Can you tell us which area this is please? it helps to add it to the title.

Have you contacted any rescues? 

if you click on the link then on the map where you are it will give a list of rescues in your area:
http://www.catchat.org/adoption/index.html

It would be a good idea to contact them asap.  Some of them may do a direct homing i.e. add you to their listings and help find a home whilst Angel is still with you.  Good luck.

« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 08:52:43 AM by Janeyk »

Offline VBmole

• Kitten
I have a cat called Angel that I am looking to find a direct rehome. I have had her for 12 years (I rescued her from a vet when I was doing work experience there - she was a few weeks old and had been abandoned).

The information you may require is below:

Name and age of the cat:
Angel, she will be approximately 12 years old

Colour:
Black and white short haired, cross
i have attached one-i will try and get more

Cat's background:
Angel was a stray kitten, abandoned from birth, someone found her and brought her to the vet (where I was working at the time on work experience). As I had looked after her for a few weeks at the vets I grew attached and adopted her - she was just a few weeks old.

Why I need to find angel a new home:
I am starting a new job in germany on November 15th 2010, i was hoping to take her with me but the apartment doesn't allow pets, also there is no one in germany to look after her when I come back to UK or go on business trips as I will be living there alone. I am trying to find someone I know here to look after her and give her a good home but with her age family/friends have been a bit reluctant.

Cat's likes and dislikes:
She has a good appetite and looks forward to meal times! She likes being stroked and being close to owner but is also quite independent when I am not there. She doesn't mind being around other cats but has always lived on her own therefore may be a bit territorial.

Angel enjoys nothing better than curling up on the sofa with her owner and being stroked, and is especially good at sensing when people are ill and may need tlc. Since I am out most days until late she does her own thing and is quite independent and likes to sleep during the day.

She is a good natured cat so I think she would get on with children although she has not been exposed to many. As for other cats/dogs I can not really say since she has always lived alone. I think she would be also suited to older/elderly person or someone younger living on their own or in a couple. She is very attentive to her owner and really good company.

She used to be outdoor cat when I had a garden but I moved a few years ago to a smaller place with no garden and now she prefers to stay inside and uses a litter tray. However she is a fairly adaptable cat and she has moved three times with me and she has adjusted well to the diffferent environments.

She has had injections when she was younger but as she is an indoor cat i was advised against injections now. She had one litter of kittens (about 9 years ago) and since she has been neutered.

I think she is a really healthy cat,  The vet commented on how healthy she was for her age.

This is extremely difficult but I've got to think what is best for Angel and I feel she will be happiest if I find her good home with nice people who will take care of her.

Please let me know if you would like to meet Angel, I am leaving November 11th so hopefully with your help I will be able to find somewhere suitable before then.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 13:28:55 PM by Janeyk »

Link to CatChat